• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Apr16| Here today, Gon for three years

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm cool with just owning games and never playing them. They're kinda like those Wine bottles with a super expensive vintage; you don't drink them, you just show them off to guests to show off your superior tastes.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
So I have a problem

I have barely played Fire Emblem Fates

Bravely Second is here

What do

I've been relatively busy in the last 18 months and have basically remade the same backlog I had nearly finished off in 2014 on the 3DS and have barely touched my console backlog at all. I've got the same problem listed above plus a barely touched Xenoblade X and a dozen other games on Wii U, plus another twenty 3DS games, plus a summer/fall that includes Monster Hunter, DQ VII and VIII, SMT IV Final, ZE3, Pokemon Sun and Moon and FF V Job Fiesta, ole. Oh and Zelda and FE idolmaster.

Likely I will beat Bravely Second, DQ VII, ZE3, and a ton of MH and ignore almost everything else.

Mizerman

I still got Bloodborne, SFV, Borderlands Collection, Bayonetta 2, Helldivers and who knows how many games I got. So many games, so little time.

bigkrev

So I have a problem

I have barely played Fire Emblem Fates

Bravely Second is here

What do

The story in FE Fates is flaming garbage bad. I had assumed I was going to play all 3 versions, but after finishing Birthright I kind think I am done with it forever because I could not give a shit about seeing this story from multiple sides. I don't see how Bravely Second couldn't be better

I haven't played FE:Fates, but a lot of my favorite games have cruddy stories and characters. I usually don't care. ┐(ツ)┌

Maybe I'm just older now but the story in Fates is so atrocious it is keeping me from playing it (and dark souls)

think ill just skip all the cutscenes because I could still know what the story is, its a fucking fire emblem game the story is the same as the last eight

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Maybe I'm just older now but the story in Fates is so atrocious it is keeping me from playing it (and dark souls)

think ill just skip all the cutscenes because I could still know what the story is, its a fucking fire emblem game the story is the same as the last eight

No, actually its really kinda different for the first bit. Sure it ends in the same place it always does. It's not important at all considering how fun the actual maps are but it does...get in the way in places.

Seda

The next handful of DBZ Kai episodes are a bit slower. Tries its hand it suspsense/intrigue moreso than high tension clobbering of faces. I still think it's okay, but I know some people hate it :p

Puruzi

Banned
Someone please GIF 2:17-2:18.

If you die from laughter, you die in real life.

shitty gif courtesy of gifcam

HlFDPJ6.gif

The story in FE Fates is flaming garbage bad. I had assumed I was going to play all 3 versions, but after finishing Birthright I kind think I am done with it forever because I could not give a shit about seeing this story from multiple sides. I don't see how Bravely Second couldn't be better

I would love to see your reaction to Conquest's story.

The supports are the only thing saving Fates's characters.

Mizerman

The next handful of DBZ Kai episodes are a bit slower. Tries its hand it suspsense/intrigue moreso than high tension clobbering of faces. I still think it's okay, but I know some people hate it :p

Heh. Seeing as this is DBZ, we at least know what we're getting into.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

I think its some of the best stuff in the series actually, though it's much better if you were going in blind. The revelations back in the day came one after another.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's neat that there's going to be two more slots opening up in the next few weeks. Samurai Champloo isn't that far off if you think about it and Dimension Ass is almost done. Plus Naruto is coming out of filler for one of its better arcs.

11:30 pm - Samurai Jack
12:00 am - Dragon Ball Z Kai
12:30 am - One Punch Man
1:00 am - Hunter X Hunter
1:30 am - Gundam: Iron Blooded Orphans
2:00 am - Naruto Shitpudden
2:30 am - One Piece
3:00 am - Parasyte

Lord...please bestow this gift of a schedule upon us.

Amen.

Grexeno

How's about we get JoJo in there instead of Gundam.

Or if you are going to put a Gundam in that slot make it Build Fighters.

On the subject of Fates' story, I feel its biggest sin is being a giant waste of potential. Here you have someone having to choose between the kingdom and family they were raised in or the kingdom and family they were born from. Naturally, you'd think there would be grey and grey morality once you get into the meat of things. Instead, let's make the european kingdom consist mostly a bunch of assholes outside of the playable cast and the Japanese kingdom be nothing but cherry blossoms and rainbows.

And that's not even getting into how the implementation of the children is hilariously contrived and how the Corrinsexual characters are woefully under utilized, especially Shura.
Why the fuck does he not have a support with Azura, the woman he helped kidnap?

How's about we get JoJo in there instead of Gundam.

Or if you are going to put a Gundam in that slot make it Build Fighters.

Well, if you want to kick One Piece or Naruto out to do it, then sure.

Seriously, still putting my bets on a 12-soder like OPM or a My Hero Academia broadcast dub to replace Dimension W, followed by JoJo early Fall.

This will be the year of Gundam's return. Also predicting Ushio & Tora for sometime this year.

New Jack comes back at 11:30. Big man upstairs says regaining slot is possible.

Regiruler

Pokken became only the second game I can remember that I bought, played for an hour, and immediately sold because I hated it. (Fallout 3 was the other game almost a decade ago). I should have downloaded that demo because it would have told me I would hate the game
Why?

Speaking of vidya, I got into overwatch this weekend. Feels good.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
TRIGUN - EPISODE TWO: Truth of Mistake

hgfkOVy.gif

Vash the Stampede is in town and he's after the local land baron!

IJJcNv0.gif

BJv5XH0.gif

The insurance girls are out of water! Not Vash is hired to guard some water/a hot blonde lady. He was hired because of an attempted break in a few days ago.

O9V0jxc.gif

Oh wait, the land baron knows this man isn't Vash, he just hired the first person who applied and called him Vash!

8wAFE2W.gif

Meryl is not impressed and offers to guard the property for the next few days for free. Marietta the blonde guest isn't impressed with Mr. Cliff's management of the water rights. Vash isn't impressed by Millie interrupting his peeping on Marietta. Vash hits on Marietta to mixed results, but she's hiding an injury. Wait she heard an intruder! It's the insurance girls....but she's gone and so is Mr. Cliff, and she left behind bloody bandages. Meryl figures it out, she's actually the Vash who attacked five days ago!

vS4zMiG.gif

Meryl attacks Vash after learning about his peeping but that just reveals the secret passage!

3lBwHzH.gif

Speaking about secrets Mr. Cliff has been killing off the land by hoarding all the water and Marietta isn't a rich princess but a federal marshal and the intruder of five night's past. He kicks her around for a bit and no one will ruin the surprise considering the remaining townsfolk were all scared away by "Vash the Stampede" who...

4Fvf4M2.gif

Oh my. There's like a dozen gifs I could make of this incredible scene. Anyways Vash does this.

kUNfq1H.gif

Then dodges the rest of the clip and disarms the man, who then pulls out an array of smaller pistols affixed to a contraption. Vash takes an ice shard and throws it at Mr. Cliff, disabling his guns...

ycKqfR3.gif

But the damage is done. The town is flooded...but with no casualties. Marietta has Cliff in chains and the water will be reabsorbed now that the dam and ice making facility has been destroyed. She wonders if he truly did mean to dodge all those bullets...in which case she'd arrest him for actually being the humanoid typhoon. He says it was all luck. What a man she tells Meryl who doesn't get it as she prepares to restart the hunt for Vash the Stampede. Not Vash is sad because he thought he'd finally found a girlfriend.

Jarate

Banned
Well, if you want to kick One Piece or Naruto out to do it, then sure.

Seriously, still putting my bets on a 12-soder like OPM or a My Hero Academia broadcast dub to replace Dimension W, followed by JoJo early Fall.

This will be the year of Gundam's return. Also predicting Ushio & Tora for sometime this year.

New Jack comes back at 11:30. Big man upstairs says regaining slot is possible.

We're gonna get Cross Ainge for 12:30 and you know it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom