• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Apr16| Here today, Gon for three years

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigkrev

I'm starting to wonder if I'll even be able to partake in commenting during Toonami tomorrow, my laptop is just suddenly turning into a complete mess. It randomly drops internet between a few minutes to a few hours (it fixes the default gateway or replaces the one or more network protocols that're missing by resetting the network adaptor) when I run the troubleshoot, but it's only a temp fix) & now Chrome just does random crashes as well. I REALLY just want to buy one in town, but considering I can get a huge discount from Dell via friend's wife, probably will have to be shipped.

.....also sucks I JUST spent $50 into getting the battery replaced. I could use my phone, but I wouldn't have Live Thread which is pretty much a requirement for this thread when Toonami is live.

I usually just use an iPad. GAF Mobile works pretty well for me, except that it causes typos because I type too fast for my own good

*looks at March NPD*

Street Fighter flopped. Long live Pokken.

Pokken became only the second game I can remember that I bought, played for an hour, and immediately sold because I hated it. (Fallout 3 was the other game almost a decade ago). I should have downloaded that demo because it would have told me I would hate the game

Soulflarz

Banned
I have Ratchet and Clank and Dark Souls 3 to keep me occupied until Uncharted 4 comes out. This year has been pretty good keeping me tided over game to game.

Nice title change. I can smile again.

I have school, but DS3 wont keep you occupied.
I did everything except collect everything in 25hr

Raxus

I have school, but DS3 wont keep you occupied.
I did everything except collect everything in 25hr

It will because when I am not playing I am working and I have been working a lot.

I am approaching the final stretch and getting all my ducks in a row.

The news that hollywood is looking to use cg to make the cast of the gits movie appear more asian made me lose more respect then simply white washing ever did :|

The news that hollywood is looking to use cg to make the cast of the gits movie appear more asian made me lose more respect then simply white washing ever did :|

HAHAHAHAHA oh god i hope this is true because what the actual fuck

okay "hope" is probably a strong word, but boy would this be a whole different kind of catastrophe

HAHAHAHAHA oh god i hope this is true because what the actual fuck

okay "hope" is probably a strong word, but boy would this be a whole different kind of catastrophe

Might be the biggest case of missing the point ever. Either embrace your white wash cast and say "this is americanized gits set in LA" or just cast asians in a gits set in Japan.

Jarate

Banned
9y3UrLh.jpg

convince me not to make this my avatar guys

Jarate

Banned
What the fuck? That's blantantly using yellowface.
I hope they're not that stupid.

Don't worry they are...

Anyway, 20 years from now, we'll just have CGI actors based off of real life people with computer generated voices. And then the world will only watch movies with hatsune Miku in them. She'll become like the Eddie Murphy, except in a larger scale

Jarate

Banned
He shall always have the better spear and english voice actor.

It's actually Wei.

I am aware. I prefer the one you just posted TBH.

Lu Bu's VA is better, and in DW, he's obviously better mader, but dawg, ROTK games Guan Yu is basically always on par with Lu Bu in termsWar while having a respectable as fuck int and cha.

Don't worry they are...

Anyway, 20 years from now, we'll just have CGI actors based off of real life people with computer generated voices. And then the world will only watch movies with hatsune Miku in them. She'll become like the Eddie Murphy, except in a larger scale

Not my future, dammit. :mad:

This is Hollywood we're talking about here. It's a possibility. A very tragic possibility.

This is the reality we live in where name recognition and star power are supposed to drive ticket sales.
Worked well for Gods of Egypt and Exodus. -_-

Mizerman

He shall always have the better spear and english voice actor.

Lu Bu's VA is better, and in DW, he's obviously better mader, but dawg, ROTK games Guan Yu is basically always on par with Lu Bu in termsWar while having a respectable as fuck int and cha.

I wish Crispin Freeman was still Guan Yu's VA. Although it was in only one game.

This is the reality we live in where name recognition and star power are supposed to drive ticket sales.

Somehow, I got the sneaking suspicion that this will work. Unfortunately.

Jarate

Banned

Gods of Egypt and Exodus was just a bad movie, i don't think the whitewashing helped or hurt it at all

Also, that discussion of egypts actual race is one of the most toxic environments on earth because the only people who argue in it are white supremacists and afro-centrist historical revisionists, who are honestly just as bad as the white supremacists.

the history fan in me cries whenever I see it discussed ;-;

Seda

I've worked with two Egyptians, one of them pretty closely (we published a paper together.) Just like the Iraqi students I've worked with, they are incredibly generous.

In my experience anyway.

Jarate

Banned
All the semi-recent Egyptian Mythology EPIC movies blur together for me.

Egypt just doesnt really have the tales of EPICNESS associated with it that Greece or Rome does because, while very militaristic, Egypt was not nearly as expansionist as the Greek or Romans. You don't have great military tales to make an epic out of. You also don't have the cultural preservation like you've had from the greek and romans

I've worked with two Egyptians, one of them pretty closely (we published a paper together.) Just like the Iraqi students I've worked with, they are incredibly generous.

In my experience anyway.

Modern middle easterners tend to be very generous people because it still remains an important part of the Muslim religion, which is the predominate cultural landmark in those regions.

^^That's criminally cute.

So, I'm finally getting caught up after missing the last two weeks of Toonami. Thoughts below.

DBZ Kai
Ouch.

Dimension W
Ok, this is easier to follow, though it's a little frustrating that Mira remains so mysterious. She needs a little more development. Also, when Kyouma was looking at the body, was that the girlfriend's original or the coil-powered one? Are we to assume her head was sucked into Dimension W?

Parasyte
Inconsistent show ends with a flop.

Samurai Champloo
Part two has one of my favorite sequences ever with as Mugen sinks into the depths. That song works so well there. Also, the end is amazingly tense.

One Piece
Uh...I haven't watched these two episodes yet. But I will!

So I have successfully "fixed" my internet situation by running a 50 foot long ethernet cable through my apartment.

I will probably trip over it within hours.

Pray for me Gaf.

Line_HTX

Because I refuse to give Parasyte the time of day again, I guess I'll show up for DBZ Kai again. I don't know where we left off to be honest.

Man, I was thinking about it and I can't believe I watched all of the episodes run on OG Toonami all through middle school.

I'm in this weird state of being nostalgic for Bleach. I watched a video of Kubo making a quick drawing of Ichigo and Urahara and I'm like; 'man, if only this didn't go to shit.' Also where else am I gonna get a sassy fucking choir set to eighties hair metal guitar riffs as the main theme for a Shonen protagonist. Also the soundtrack is amazing and really elevated the atmosphere of the show.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I like how after 30 minutes of having my internet keep dropping on my laptop this morning, after that, I had almost no issues since (I think it changed something with the driver when doing troubleshooter for the 11th time). Now hopefully it'll do that for Toonami tomorrow while I deal with ordering a new laptop.

Least I should have a new phone taken care of. Goodbye, crappy 1GB storage mainly taken by Miitomo.

Jarate

Banned
I'm in this weird state of being nostalgic for Bleach. I watched a video of Kubo making a quick drawing of Ichigo and Urahara and I'm like; 'man, if only this didn't go to shit.' Also where else am I gonna get a sassy fucking choir set to eighties hair metal guitar riffs as the main theme for a Shonen protagonist. Also the soundtrack is amazing and really elevated the atmosphere of the show.

we are all nostalgaic for old things we loved as kids, but it's important to seperate ourselves from that mindset and understand if it is shit or not

people have a hard time coming to grips with the fact that they had shit tastes as kids sometimes. It's fine, it's part of growing up. I liked Nickleback when I was 10. I was the problem

actually, all things considered, I had some damn fine tastes I liked as a post 12 year old kid and feel vindicated when the things I hated as a kid that were popular are now hated by everyone

the contrarian edgelord in me gives me a high 5

Seda

So, I'm finally getting caught up after missing the last two weeks of Toonami. Thoughts below.

Seems like Kyoma's wife was caught in some sort of explosion considering the injuries the doctors had, unless they are hiding something.

Also making sure you're in the right spot, we saw Champloo's 'Bogus Booty' if you want to share your thoughts on that one ;)

Line_HTX

Seems like Kyoma's wife was caught in some sort of explosion considering the injuries the doctors had, unless they are hiding something.

Also making sure you're in the right spot, we saw Champloo's 'Bogus Booty' if you want to share your thoughts on that one ;)

I think they said all of the coils went haywire the instant the accident occured on Easter Island.

I'm still a little confused on the explanation, haha

Oh yeah! Forgot about Bogus Booty - just the palate cleanser after a pretty grim two-parter. Lots of laughs ("My back" from Master Jin, Mugen's one-track mind, Fuu is master of metabolism) and some nice fight animation to boot.

Champloo is a lot of fun to rewatch when you haven't gone through it in a while.

Mizerman

Seems like it. No wonder the guy hates coils that much. I'd be in the same mindset if that happened to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom