• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Apr16| Here today, Gon for three years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moaradin

The block looks really strong right now. Crazy considering a few months ago I thought it was the weakest line-up since New Toonami started. Sentai Hour and One Piece/Naruto filler really couldn't keep my attention.

So apparently they made a Cyborg 009 and Devilman crossover? I always liked Cyborg 009 from what I remember seeing on CN on Friday nights sometime and Devilman seems cool. And it has ToonamiGAF's favorite VA, Papenbrook, in it.

Jarate

Banned
nothing like sleeping 13 hours after not sleeping for like 36 some odd hours

ive got some errands to run, then well watch some Tenchi

Asui.Tsuyu.full.1961713.jpg

Frog girl is gonna save anime.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I only brought it up so someone would start spamming SE gifs.

I'm expecting the not gif any minute now.

Toonami getting HxH is awesome. Will gladly give it a rewatch. The 2nd ED is the GOAT for me so I am not looking forward to them butchering it.

Seda

Sometimes I think people are too quick to assert 'in order for a female character to be compelling, they have to be a badass' but characters like Maka are actually both.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
GXP is actually interesting in this case. Because yes, the core story is about a bunch of women attracted to this boy for no good reason and doing anything for him, but the rest of the women kinda run the entire show in the galaxy.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Sometimes I think people are too quick to assert 'in order for a female character to be compelling, they have to be a badass' but characters like Maka are actually both.

Even badass female characters aren't always compelling. There's a lot more than ass kicking that goes into creating a compelling character.

Regiruler

Toonami getting HxH is awesome. Will gladly give it a rewatch. The 2nd ED is the GOAT for me so I am not looking forward to them butchering it.

Galneryus is an incredibly talented group that doesn't get enough recognition in the West (they've actually just started bringing some of their albums to itunes, so hopefully amazon mp3 is to follow). Hunting for your Dreams isn't even good in comparison to their other work. I'm partial to Raise your Sword and the 3 song intro for Angel of Salvation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom