• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Apr16| Here today, Gon for three years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Line_HTX

1Bbi5ZC.gif

Can't wait for the 2nd season in the summer.

zulux21

I can't imagine Funimation does this. They probably want to sell their service, so why would you devalue it by giving away your biggest show?
Because a TV contract is a ton more exposure, likely will net them more money due to the tv deal and will lead to a lot more DVD sales down the line?
Man it was announced March 28th?

The past few weeks have been shit for me so I must have passed right over it.

yup

Line_HTX

I wonder what happens when mods fight on the internet....

*imagines it*

Ex7EoF0.gif

....yeah, that seems about right.

Out of all of the overplayed superhero stuff in multiple mediums, I think the very first thing that I really want to come to Toonami first and foremost is Concrete Revolutio.

Started replaying Final Fantasy 13.

Holy shit the writing is terrible. I remember it being bad when I played it at launch, but holy shit. Just reached Chapter 3. Going to look for mods because I remember hearing the PC version was locked at 720p despite the massive download, and it just doesn't look that good.

Seda

Holy shit the writing is terrible. I remember it being bad when I played it at launch, but holy shit. Just reached Chapter 3. Going to look for mods because I remember hearing the PC version was locked at 720p despite the massive download, and it just doesn't look that good.

The conversation between Lightning and Hope that occurs somewhere near PalumPolum IIRC is 100% garbage. This scene was sampled in several of the trailers too.

The conversation between Lighting and Hope that occurs somewhere near PalumPolum IIRC is 100% garbage. This scene was sampled in several of the trailers too.

I was going to try to watch all the cutscenes but about halfway through the first chapter (aka when Snow shows up) I couldn't take it anymore, and I've skipped most of them since.

Seda

Very glad I never invested into FF13 when I watched the Japanese streams of Lighting Returns because the ending of the whole trilogy can be summarized through this spoiler covered YouTube link:

Final Fantasy XIII-2 actually brought about some of the more compelling narrative elements in the trilogy, namely, the dynamics between Caius, Yeul, and Noel. The game never closed the book on a few things here though so....

Lightning Returns comes along and totally forgets about those, only to wrap them up in like 2 minutes in the final cutscene. ┐(ツ)┌

XIII-2 also had the best combat and gameplay, despite its lack of difficulty, along with the best soundtrack. Lightning Return's structure bugged me quite a bit. Fetch/kill type quests literally become the focus of the game. Those thing are okay in doses, but when I realized I was fighting battles only to gain EP to slow down time so I could do more quests...I realized something had gone wrong.

Never played either of the sequels. I hated the ending of FF13 and never felt the urge to play either sequel. If I see them on sale at some point I'll probably pick them up.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
For some reason, I REBOUGHT 13-2 for PS3 thinking I'd replay through it after getting all the achievements in the 360 version.

.....that was a plan that completely fell apart...

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
FF13 was actually my first 360 game that I owned. I even have the special HDD with the game's logo on the silver part.

....I don't know how proud I should be of those facts.

FF13 started the trend of games I want releasing just before finals consistently. That time was ridiculous for me too because FF13 released a week before finals and then God of War 3 released a day before finals.

Soulflarz

Banned
FF13 started the trend of games I want releasing just before finals consistently. That time was ridiculous for me too because FF13 released a week before finals and then God of War 3 released a day before finals.

And this is why I didn't bring my ps4 back with me for the last month and a half of college
uc4 can wait 4 days

bigkrev

I kinda want to try 13-3 at some point? I dunno, the combat looked like something I would like.
I've bought 13 proper 3 times now and never got more than an hour in, sadly.

Crocodile

I caught some of Gurren when I lurked this thread back when it was on Toonami, but missing Black Lagoon is probably my biggest regret of not posting here earlier. I can only imagine how much it must've caught on with the community here.

ToonamiGaf loved it :)

Toonami viewers with Neilson boxes hated it :(

I can't decide if this is good or too busy/obscures the main theme

Line_HTX

I think I will put My Hero Academia on the side and wait until it finishes. This is something that I feel is better marathoned because I cannot bring myself to watch it week to week and I frankly don't feel a connection to this show.

Why would you torture yourself like this?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Meanwhile at Toonami: "welp, if it ever goes below a million, it's doomed"

Glad to see we got a good night & premiere.

Mm, HxH, just about, pulling in a million.

Another thing about MHA coming to Toonami is if FUNi can even do it with that show. The likely reason that we were able to get Dimension W is because they were involved on the production committee. Maybe that played the key role in getting it on Toonami, or maybe it didn't. One good thing about MHA though is the fact that FUNimation has those exclusive broadcast rights.

Also, totally didn't notice. the Toonami stream's marathon is Samurai Jack. Probably gonna watch that later today.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
DBZ: 1.393m
Dimension W: 1.088m
HxH: 1.007m
Champloo: 890k
Shippuden: 810k
One Piece: 731k
Parasyte: 673k

Jarate

Banned
btw, a mil is gonna be good numbers from here on until the Basketball/Hockey playoffs are done/more teams get eliminated

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh that's right, Funimation "saved" Champloo from Geneon, my bad.

Still, I love the versions they came up with, & props to the guy who came up with the dub's rap....& the VAs who sung them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom