• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Apr16| Here today, Gon for three years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarate

Banned
They should've just used this, as it's probably the greatest piece of music that Yes put out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNkWac-Nm0A

If I was to pick an opener for my anime i'd probably pick this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdChSFgFT2Q

If you guys like Yes so much, you should move onto other prog rock albums and songs. It's pretty much the greatest form of music ever made

EDIT: Or maybe this, this would be a great song for an opening. Just gotta changfe the guitar tone a little bit, and make it much louder and you got a great OP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MV0F_XiR48Q

Grexeno

Real talk: I don't want to do a Best Ending category for the ToonamiGAF Awards because fuck trying to find all those things on the internet, but I'd do it if JoJo Part 1 was on the block just so Roundabout could win.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Will there be a "best episode" or is it not on the list since "best moment" covers more why someone might vote for said episode?

Grexeno

Will there be a "best episode" or is it not on the list since "best moment" covers more why someone might vote for said episode?
Correct. Best Moment precludes the need for Best Episode.

But this is still like a fucking year away. We only did the first awards 3 months ago.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Correct. Best Moment precludes the need for Best Episode.

But this is still like a fucking year away. We only did the first awards 3 months ago.
Fair enough, figured that was the reason, but was just wondering.

I kind of want a "Best Soundtrack" so I can vote for Champloo, though I'm sure it'll just be "Best OP/ED".

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
We had a Best Soundtrack last year and we'll have it this year.
Ah, okay, I couldn't remember.

& yeah, FLCL sure isn't happening this year. Hell, I'd be surprised if we got an actual teaser, or at the very least, some concept art this year.

Grexeno

The ToonamiGAF Awards almost hit 5 hours the first time and I'm still thinking of potential new categories to add to it.

I might be insane.

Jarate

Banned
H0ZMTyO.gif

Bring Gun Musashi to Toonami

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I totally had the best One Piece laughs.

But yeah, glad I was able to partake in this week. Sorry if I sounded a bit nervous or quiet for long periods of time, the last podcast I did was in freakin' 2011 & I didn't want to talk over anyone and such.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
TRIGUN - EPISODE THREE: Peace Maker

An already drunk man goes into a bar and starts asking around for drinks. Doesn't matter what as long as its got alcohol in it. He gets kicked out. The insurance ladies are having lunch in Warren City. Meryl is damn sick and tired of following rumors, giant, mohawked, ace gun man in red. You never know when Vash the Stampede is going to show up and then Kaboom.

Millie hails Not Vash as he he walks by, addressing him as Vash. Oh my. Not Vash raised his hand when Millie called out to him so he must be Vash the Stampede. The drunk from last night bumps into Vash and comedy ensues. The drunk fakes a shoulder injury and then employs even harsher means. Anything for a taste.

So over a "toast" learn the man's name is Frank Marlin, he's been like this for awhile but he used to be a world renowned gun smith and just the man Not Vash was looking for. The bartender tells him after some convincing that Frank was the hero of the town who armed the populace so that they could drive away the marauders years ago. But its no good going to him as he'd just pawn your gun for booze money...and Frank throws his glass and takes Not Vash's.

The ladies are talking to the mayor about Vash the Stampede...and find out there is no Sheriff in these parts. The mayor wants a little excitement in these parts...and so does this group of bandits lead by David Letterman. No law of any kind for 4000 iles and a rumor of Vash? Couldn't be better for their armored car heist.

Not Vash and Frank are loaded! The gun hits Vash right in the face (he still catches it with his other hand) and they run into M&M doing night patrol. Meryl is convinced Vash is in town and ready to cause trouble. The fellows sway and sing away and tea totaling Meryl thinks that alcohol only masks deeper issues...which is pretty on point. Frank did give all those guns to the towns folk and was a kind and hardworking man, until one of those guns was used to kill an innocent family. His family. In a bank robbery (SAO 2!!) Not Vash learned this from the local tailor in a flashback. Not Vash is also apparently immune to alcohol as he tucks Frank in....Well, almost immune.

Money and women, such things David Letterman the Stampede desires. Get the lead out ladies. Not Vash is weighing the options from a secure location but Frank is a naysayer and doesn't want to get involved. What does Not Vash have to do with this situation? Nothing at all, except that it's not equal. These words move Frank and the modern day samurai takes the field. First thing he does is to puncture the nearest tire with his boot knife. This makes David Letterman quite...angry. Then he disarms the nearest bandito. Early Not Vash, like early Batman apparently hasn't fully developed his no-kill policy.

It's a standoff! Will Not Vash die alone? No, the bartender pulls out her Frank Marlin Special. Holy Shit, the whole town is packing heat. Trust no one, not even yourself. Finger guns save the day once again as neither man was packing, though everyone else was loaded, is this planet actually Arizona? Celebration time! The insurance ladies are glad that this town wasn't destroyed but there's no Vash, well, Millie thinks they found the real deal. Frank now sober holds Not Vash up once more and hands him his gun. While not fit for "everyday use" its been fully refurbished. He asks Not Vash what he is going to do with it and learns that he will create equality and peace throughout the world. Not Vash will bring the bourbon next time (I guess Kentucky still exists) but Frank is now off of the stuff forever...and realizes he never got the finger gunman's name....and this is what he gets.

Kuroneko Appearances: Two (At the mayor's office and Boozing it up with Vash and Frank.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom