• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Apr16| Here today, Gon for three years

Status
Not open for further replies.
I worked at Target for around 2 years while in high school. That was my first job.

I started suffering from some serious panic attacks while working there. It eventually became so bad that I quit there, and decided to finish schooling online.

I worked at Target for around 2 years while in high school. That was my first job.

I started suffering from some serious panic attacks while working there. It eventually became so bad that I quit there, and decided to finish schooling online.

Same thing happened to me in my first year of high school. I've done almost all of my schooling online since then, although right now I am taking a class one day a week at the community college here (where I got my AA degree). My social anxiety though was mostly my fault from something that happened the year before.

Soulflarz

Banned
Yes I love to try to upsell customers on "protection plans" and credit cards and get reprimanded when they don't buy into it.

I love when they try and tell you your cartridge will get scratched like a disc

yeah no

Also: I've fully gotten out of a job by basically my parents being divorced so I couldn't work before I had a car. As for nowadays and part time, my counterargument has been "if I had more money I'd just buy more things I already don't have enough time to get through", and they realize it's true.
I mean, my backlogs a decent counter argument, right?

As for how I buy so much--
Price errors are a lifesaver for getting what you want and for flipping to get other things you want when you get something meh.

If you are looking for a specific piece of information for a specific game, in my experience, GameFAQs is easily the quickest way to find what you're looking for. Either through a FAQ/walkthrough or through game-specific boards.

Years and years ago, I used to browse NeoSeeker for guides on God of War and Kingdom Hearts. :>

Line_HTX

Some games had actual good discussion and pointing people to the right places over there.

One time I asked for help on a few things in Ken's Rage 1 for completionist's sake.

Line_HTX

6Xo2htB.png
Thing is, I know absolutely nothing about my current avatar except it is from one of those shows I don't watch.

*Neko Arc laugh

*Shinobu laugh

Mizerman

Some games had actual good discussion and pointing people to the right places over there.

One time I asked for help on a few things in Ken's Rage 1 for completionist's sake.

Ah, I enjoyed that game. Turning a thousand dudes into red mist was a good time waster.

Just reached chapter 4 in FFXIII. God this combat is boring as hell. There's been like 4 fights in the game so far that I couldn't win by spamming A, and the boss at the end of chapter 3 wasn't one of them. Snows summon was the first time I actually had to try (and then fail 3 times because I'm blind and didn't see the button prompt to finish it >_>). Still can't hardly get through a cutscene without skipping it. The sky chase was at least pretty. The one with Lightning and the officer dude, nope. Not sure how I tolerated so much of this before.

Just reached chapter 4 in FFXIII. God this combat is boring as hell. There's been like 4 fights in the game so far that I couldn't win by spamming A, and the boss at the end of chapter 3 wasn't one of them. Snows summon was the first time I actually had to try (and then fail 3 times because I'm blind and didn't see the button prompt to finish it >_>). Still can't hardly get through a cutscene without skipping it. The sky chase was at least pretty. The one with Lightning and the officer dude, nope. Not sure how I tolerated so much of this before.

As others have said the game gets good 25 hours in when they FINALLY let you start exploring a more open area and can choose your party.

ckohler

One Piece: 131-206

• Didn't really care much for the Jaya arc. It was just story setup, anyway.
  • The stuff with Mock Town was okay, though. Especially the introduction of Blackbeard and such.
  • Skypia was.. different. I liked it.
  • I mostly like the idea of sky islands and how they work, etc.
  • Dials in general are a cool premise as are wavers.
  • Some of the enemy priests were annoying, especially those fat ones.
  • This is Nami's best arc after Arlong so far. She was all over this and doing very important stuff.
  • Lots of good comedy throughout.
  • While necessary to the overall story, the Montblanc Nolan flashback episodes were kinda boring and I fast forwarded parts of that.
  • I'm actually mad that they built up Eneru to be so pretentious and full-of-himself but we never got to see him taken down a peg. He ended up getting hit a few times and then just leaves. I wanted to see him beg for mercy.
  • I continue to enjoy how One Piece sprinkles little bits of foreshadowing everywhere. Like with the poneglyphs and "mantra", etc.
  • I liked G8. It as actually pretty funny and surprisingly better animated than most of Skypia was.

Now I need to figure out what are the most important key episodes that have aired on Toonami that I've already seen so I can rewatch them now that I have a better understanding of what's happened before.

The models in combat looks like straight up Wild Arms 1 lol

It takes forever for the combat to get interesting, but when they actually throw some challenging enemies at you, the combat finally starts to shine and it becomes one of the deepest turn based combat RPGs at least in the series.

For now, you might as well just set commando/ravager/medic or sentinel and go HAM on the A button till you get there.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Enel's still the only major arc villain to date who actually accomplished his goal. All he wanted to do was get to Fairy Vearth, and he did.
There are still some other villains who get what they want in one way or another, but none who are really the "main boss" of an arc like Arlong or Crocodile or Enel or Rob Lucci/Spandam.

I still wish the anime had adapted Enel's cover story arc. There are a number of hints in there that suggest it may turn out to be hugely important to the main overarching plot of the series.

Seda

Is there any particular reason the dub calls him Eneru when his name is usually written Enel in other places?

I don't study Japanese or romanization, casually or academically so sorry if this is a dumb question.

Edit: Or is this more just a slight dissonance in pronoucation when translated to English? Kinda like how Kirara in Inuyasha is pronounced as though it had Ls even though it is usually written with Rs. Or 'Arabasta'.

Enel's still the only major arc villain to date who actually accomplished his goal. All he wanted to do was get to Fairy Vearth, and he did.
There are still some other villains who get what they want in one way or another, but none who are really the "main boss" of an arc like Arlong or Crocodile or Enel or Rob Lucci/Spandam.

I still wish the anime had adapted Enel's cover story arc. There are a number of hints in there that suggest it may turn out to be hugely important to the main overarching plot of the series.

At worst if it ends up being super critical when he finally shows up again the anime can do an insert mini flashback arc, same with any other cover story that was skipped.

Mizerman

Thinking about it, yeah he pretty much got what he wanted despite losing.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Is there any particular reason the dub calls him Eneru when his name is usually written Enel in other places?

I don't study Japanese or romanization, casually or academically so sorry if this is a dumb question.

Edit: Or is this more just a slight dissonance in pronoucation when translated to English? Kinda like how Kirara in Inuyasha is pronounced as though it had Ls even though it is usually written with Rs. Or 'Arabasta'.

It's one of those things where it's just been translated about 3 different ways at one time or another. "Enel," "Ener," and "Eneru" have all been used in official capacities as romanizations in one place or another.

Arabasta has been pretty consistently written with an R by Oda (except for one time), including as recently as last week in the manga.

Every now and then, though, Oda throws a curveball. For example, it turns out that Vivi's last name is actually Nefeltari, with an L, after all, which is what Viz and 4Kids always used.

There's another example in this week's One Piece episode on Toonami. Funimation uses the original fan assumed romanization of the major arc villain's name in Thriller Bark rather than Oda's spelling of it. Interestingly, the slightly different spelling results in completely different puns/references between the two versions.

bigkrev

My first job was Lifeguarding. It was a great way to work on my tan when Summers hit, and in the other seasons I got to have a job where I could yell at kids and not have their parents get angry, while not having to work that hard. Highly recommended, but like Pizza Delivery, you run the risk of becoming a lifer.

Also, my football team hurt me today. Help.

My first job was Lifeguarding. It was a great way to work on my tan when Summers hit, and in the other seasons I got to have a job where I could yell at kids and not have their parents get angry, while not having to work that hard. Highly recommended, but like Pizza Delivery, you run the risk of becoming a lifer.

At least you know what QB will be your disappointment of the future!

bigkrev

My college was always super late- we didn't start the Spring Semester till the last week of January, and our finals always went deep into May. I remember Cinco de Mayo's where Finals hadn't even started yet, and remember going to the Preakness horse race one year while finals were still going on, which is usually around May 20th.

Line_HTX

My college was always super late- we didn't start the Spring Semester till the last week of January, and our finals always went deep into May. I remember Cinco de Mayo's where Finals hadn't even started yet, and remember going to the Preakness horse race one year while finals were still going on, which is usually around May 20th.

Lol, horse racing.

Hahaha, Philadelphia sports teams.

Jarate

Banned

Wtf bigkrev, why are we the same person? (Although there's always room on the Packers Bandwagon)

Although, my lifeguarding position was one of the worst things on earth. It was right next too my house, and I was always pretty good at swimming, so I took it at 14-15. Minimum wage (only lifeguards I've ever met who got minimum wage) had to do landscaping, and it was a rich persons swim club, so parents would let there little shits do whatever they wanted and if they got yelled at by me the parents would sometimes freak out over it :/

That job fucking sucked ass,

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
If you want to argue for how long we've had Shippuden & One Piece, fair enough, those are long running shows, but I'd argue they still change up the 12:30 to 1:30 slots enough to keep it interesting.

Hell, Dimension W should be ending next month, we're already getting 2 new shows within 2 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom