• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Apr16| Here today, Gon for three years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moaradin

Kabenari is interesting because they went with really ambitious character designs. The level of detail isn't something you normally see in TV anime. Hopefully they can keep that quality up because it would be super jarring seeing budget episodes.

Line_HTX

Damn you Amazon!

Keeping Attack on Train from Toonami.

Toonami needs more train fights.

Everything needs more train fights.

Everything needs more
loosening the neck ribbon for powered up strength just because it's more power! Look at those eyes!

rI10WXu.png

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
"Say hello to the newest member of the Sentai Filmworks family: When Supernatural Battles Became Commonplace."

.............soooooo what's the chance of a show that has "supernatural battles" part of the title coming to Toonami, a block dedicated to shows with battles in them?

zulux21

"Say hello to the newest member of the Sentai Filmworks family: When Supernatural Battles Became Commonplace."

.............soooooo what's the chance of a show that has "supernatural battles" part of the title coming to Toonami, a block dedicated to shows with battles in them?

ideally very low because it wasn't a good show (not horrible either but still) and isn't a battle show. It has a few battles but it is mostly just a we are gonna show cute girls doing cute things in a club room show that likely would do horribly on american tv.

BBboy20

Meanwhile, I'm debating getting Prime because I found out the LE for Tokyo Mirage Sessions is only at Amazon & GameStop. If I could split the cost, I'd give in, but $100/year feels expensive & I wouldn't use the other stuff (music, videos) much, if at all.
Can't you split Prime into four subscribers?

As an aside who has Skype? I need to figure out if my computer actually has working mike. PM if you want to test chat!
I have it.

also, RIP Puruzi, who got banned yet again

He's the new Gucci Messiah of Toonamigaf
Gucci said he hasn't seen Toonami in months on PSN....months back, to think about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXydZtoHq0E

Tatsuya Minami, head honcho of Platinum Games, left the company for mysterious reasons. I'm kind-of scared.

Seda

my dissertation defense date was (very likely) moved up a month

on one hand, finish line is closer

on another, time to panic

I'm not a neat freak. I'm not a germaphobe. I probably should clean my room more.

But goddamn, why do so many college men walk out of the restroom without washing their hands. What is this? Why can't you spare half a minute?

On one hand, it makes me laugh because I think of this...
pimZzX6.gif

...but then I think about it rationally...

Jarate

Banned
Good luck to all my college friends!

We should all celebrate with black jack, cocaine and hookers and Sedas place to celebrate!

Jarate

Banned
Is there an anime character stronger than Seda?

And I’m referring to Rinne Tensei Seda with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan and Rinnegan doujutsus (with the rikidou paths ability) equipped with his Gunbai and control of the juubi and Gedou Mazou, a complete Susano’o, with Hashirama Senju’s DNA implanted in his chest so he can perform Mokuton kekkei genkai and yin-yang release ninjutsu as well as being extremely skilled in taijutsu and bukijutsu.

Tenumi

Banned
Man, fuck 2016.

People say this every year. It's just that the names get more recognizable for specific generations.

Still, what a loss, though. A true legend

--------------------------------------------------------

In Toonami news, I just need to catch myself up on Dimension W and I can watch again. Although I still have like 30 episodes of One Piece to watch on my DVR, I usual don't stay up late enough to catch it live anyway.

Jarate

Banned
People say this every year. It's just that the names get more recognizable for specific generations.

Still, what a loss, though. A true legend

--------------------------------------------------------

In Toonami news, I just need to catch myself up on Dimension W and I can watch again. Although I still have like 30 episodes of One Piece to watch on my DVR, I usual don't stay up late enough to catch it live anyway.

She returns! You better start posting more! One Piece has a lot of filler, so you can easily skip the arc with Captain puzzle if you'd like, we've only just recently gotten back into canon, which is amazing

so I suppose I should ask you since you seem to be a fan, does the animation ever get any better?

I dropped world trigger because the first episode felt barely more animated than a picture drama >.>

No its got toei quality all the way, the story is really good if you're willing to put up with it. I doubt it comes to Toonami anytime soon since it would tie up one of the last two spots on the block for awhile.

zulux21

No its got toei quality all the way, the story is really good if you're willing to put up with it. I doubt it comes to Toonami anytime soon since it would tie up one of the last two spots on the block for awhile.

there is toei quality and then there was what world trigger got which throughout the first episode there is barely any moments where more than one thing moves on the screen.
I don't typically care about animation quality to much, but it was just painful to watch as it was basically just a ton of stills with a single character moving @_@

Jarate

Banned
also, my GF watched HxH for the first time last saturday, and she stated the perfect summary of HxH. "it's basically Naruto, but with good main characters and good animation"

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
also, my GF watched HxH for the first time last saturday, and she stated the perfect summary of HxH. "it's basically Naruto, but with good main characters and good animation"
Heh, I'm totally okay with this description. Also throw in "good pacing" if the first episode is anything to go by.

While I'm thinking about it, could this be considered more of a Kai-style adaptation in comparison to the original '90s series?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom