• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Apr16| Here today, Gon for three years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most regular terms have their finals in early May, so definitely way later than you all up there.

Three more weeks until I'm done with school. Forever.

(Would be four, but being an illustration / animation major means you either hand your final projects for classes a week before finals or submit them online.)

Jarate

Banned
also, I sent a PM to everyone barring certain members who asked me not too

if you did not get a pm, please send me on.

Three more weeks until I'm done with school. Forever.

(Would be four, but being an illustration / animation major means you either hand your final projects for classes a week before finals or submit them online.)

Good luck bro, post some of your stuff here, I'd love to see it

Jarate

Banned
Crap. Now that I know there's some progheads around here, might as well do some advertising already for my radio show:

https://soundcloud.com/theprogpowerstation

Unfortunately my prog likes usually are stuff that most modern prog fans dont really like, as im also not generally a fan of prog metal (I like it, but have a hard time considering it prog most of the times because it ignores a huge amount of what makes prog prog. Thrash Metal has always been what i think the metal evolution of prog should be)

but if you ever want to shoot across any stuff, then i'd be game. Ive been listening to a lot of Italian prog rock recently, as I find the mixture of Italian lyrics and Italian Classical music to be a really nice compliment. Also, Italy is one of the few countries that still produces a heavy amount of "classical" prog nowadays, so it's nice to listen too music that try to be prog, but aren't based more around "old" prog and then are instead basing there music on a combination of rock, jazz, and classical music.

There's a prog thread on this forum, but most people only want to talk about prog metal, like Haken and the New Dream Theater album got a lot of posts about it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Screw the haters, Star Fox Zero looks awesome.
I'm just hoping the whole motion controls stuff isn't as bad as we think it's gonna be, otherwise I'm still hopeful it'll be good, especially if Platinum helped develop it.

Meanwhile, I'm debating getting Prime because I found out the LE for Tokyo Mirage Sessions is only at Amazon & GameStop. If I could split the cost, I'd give in, but $100/year feels expensive & I wouldn't use the other stuff (music, videos) much, if at all.

Also, after being part of the ToonamiGAF podcast and talking about how there's 4 new laughs in Thriller Bark, I am now debating if I should look at/hear each One Piece laugh & try to replicate it for the hell of it. Kind of wanted to make a contest out of it, but I wouldn't have anything to give away.

Jarate

Banned
I'm just hoping the whole motion controls stuff isn't as bad as we think it's gonna be, otherwise I'm still hopeful it'll be good, especially if Platinum helped develop it.

Meanwhile, I'm debating getting Prime because I found out the LE for Tokyo Mirage Sessions is only at Amazon & GameStop. If I could split the cost, I'd give in, but $100/year feels expensive & I wouldn't use the other stuff (music, videos) much, if at all.

Also, after being part of the ToonamiGAF podcast and talking about how there's 4 new laughs in Thriller Bark, I am now debating if I should look at/hear each One Piece laugh & try to replicate it for the hell of it. Kind of wanted to make a contest out of it, but I wouldn't have anything to give away.

I can do a good Ceaser Clown, but we haven't met that character yet

*Technically One Piece spoilers, but i don't see how this would spoil anything*
http://coenenthebarbarian.tumblr.com/post/66883633348/this-is-a-voice-im-trying-to-test-out-caeser

Here it is, I could probably improve it a little more, but I havent done voice acting since my studio got taken down due to moving. And I don't have access to a good small space where I can put my mic and soundproof foam

zulux21

the best laugh of all of one piece is from thriller bark.

at some point I need to locate a clean version of her laugh to turn into a ring tone or text notice :p

but if you ever want to shoot across any stuff, then i'd be game. Ive been listening to a lot of Italian prog rock recently, as I find the mixture of Italian lyrics and Italian Classical music to be a really nice compliment. Also, Italy is one of the few countries that still produces a heavy amount of "classical" prog nowadays, so it's nice to listen too music that try to be prog, but aren't based more around "old" prog and then are instead basing there music on a combination of rock, jazz, and classical music.

You hear of La Fabbrica Dell'Assoluto yet? It's good shit.

What about that monthly Prime option? Is it not available yet?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
What about that giant from Robin's childhood?

What about that monthly Prime option? Is it not available yet?
Yeah, it's up, it's $11/mo.

I gave in & got the year, I'm sure after E3, there'll be a bunch more games I want to pre-order. I'm trying to stick with using Prime & GCU for LEs where the discounts will be much bigger, though considering shipping tends to reach me release day, I might give in & pre-order regular games as well. Not to mention Prime will give me discounts on handheld games whereas GCU would've knocked the price below the free shipping minimum.

Josh5890

I just listened to the Gaf podcast. It is nice to hear recaps and thoughts about the shows since I will never make it till 2:30 in the morning (Chicago time). You folks know your stuff. I will try to make sure to hear it every week. I know next to nothing about anime but I can tell that you love it!

Soulflarz

Banned
I just listened to the Gaf podcast. It is nice to hear recaps and thoughts about the shows since I will never make it till 2:30 in the morning (Chicago time). You folks know your stuff. I will try to make sure to hear it every week. I know next to nothing about anime but I can tell that you love it!

I live in chicago and I make it to 2:30

step it up :3

bigkrev

What about that giant from Robin's childhood?

Yeah, it's up, it's $11/mo.

I gave in & got the year, I'm sure after E3, there'll be a bunch more games I want to pre-order. I'm trying to stick with using Prime & GCU for LEs where the discounts will be much bigger, though considering shipping tends to reach me release day, I might give in & pre-order regular games as well. Not to mention Prime will give me discounts on handheld games whereas GCU would've knocked the price below the free shipping minimum.

Enjoy ordering random shit on a whim and having it teleported to you. Not having a minimum spend is a godsend

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Prime is worth it for me just for the novelty of getting MAIL ON SUNDAY.

That and you can watch Attack on Titan on Trains.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Prime is worth it because 20% vidya discount without having to leave the house to go to Best Buy.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Enjoy ordering random shit on a whim and having it teleported to you. Not having a minimum spend is a godsend
Yeah, the fact they upped the minimum free shipping to $50 kind of made me appreciate Prime when I had the trial. Might be able to chip away at my wish list faster now & get more books.

I'll have to check out their video section later.

or you can just have best buy ship to you 99% of the day getting there on release date as well while using best buy's free shipping o_O
Best Buy is random as to when I get my games. I still get them release day, but it can either be some time in the afternoon or at night around 7 or 8 p.m. but I guess that's more UPS' fault & not BB.

Crocodile

Goddamn was Puruzi dumb. It wasn't even his opinion that got him banned, its that he chose to express it in a dumb and deliberately confrontational way. SMH.

As an aside who has Skype? I need to figure out if my computer actually has working mike. PM if you want to test chat!

Prime is cool again now that it has same day shipping in my area.

I think you guys are going to convince me into staying up late on Saturday lol. At least Sunday is my day off :)

Hunter x Hunter is calling for you to stay up
so that you can enjoy Filler Shippuden with the rest of us!

Line_HTX

Prime is worth it for me just for the novelty of getting MAIL ON SUNDAY.

That and you can watch Attack on Titan on Trains.

PdlXX7u.gif

It's odd.

I feel weirdly hyped up tonight, ready to take on the world, rather than the norm of being dead tired.

Maybe my anxiety is lifting, my faith in people slowly returning...

...or maybe one of them put something in my food to lower my guard...

Regiruler

Yeah, the fact they upped the minimum free shipping to $50 kind of made me appreciate Prime when I had the trial. Might be able to chip away at my wish list faster now & get more books.

I'll have to check out their video section later.

Best Buy is random as to when I get my games. I still get them release day, but it can either be some time in the afternoon or at night around 7 or 8 p.m. but I guess that's more UPS' fault & not BB.

Did you remember to use your student email for amazon student? It reduces the prime subscription cost.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Did you remember to use your student email for amazon student? It reduces the prime subscription cost.
I actually did this way back in 2010 or 2011. It seems I can't reapply due to the fact you can only have the offer/discount for 4 years, so I lost the chance last year or so. I actually used a free trial a few months back & made a decent amount of pre-orders before it expired so I could keep the discounts & free shipping.

I actually did this way back in 2010 or 2011. It seems I can't reapply due to the fact you can only have the offer/discount for 4 years, so I lost the chance last year or so. I actually used a free trial a few months back & made a decent amount of pre-orders before it expired so I could keep the discounts & free shipping.

I had no idea this was a thing. I should check if there's a limit on mine because I signed up for it in either I think 2012.

Edit: Shit, yeah. Mine expires at the beginning of May and I only see a $99 option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom