• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Apr16| Here today, Gon for three years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

that feel when the school library website locks you out of it because you've been using it too much

oh, top of page, uh

nami4hu47.gif

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
The new PPG seems...disappointing.

The red flags were there when Tara Strong revealed she and the other two were never contacted about the remake.

Everything about it just screams "cynical nostalgic cash-in", and all it's doing is making people annoyed.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
The red flags were there when Tara Strong revealed she and the other two were never contacted about the remake.

Everything about it just screams "cynical nostalgic cash-in", and all it's doing is making people annoyed.
I read something (I think on GAF) about the fact they were thinking of bringing Ms. Bellum back & having a "stronger" role for her, but then were all "NAH, she's considered too sexy for a kid's show nowadays" & she's not in the new series.

TUSR

Banned
I read something (I think on GAF) about the fact they were thinking of bringing Ms. Bellum back & having a "stronger" role for her, but then were all "NAH, she's considered too sexy for a kid's show nowadays" & she's not in the new series.
but wasn't she a strong character because of her competence and intelligence while the mayor was an idiot?

Mizerman

I'll admit, the original VAs for the girls was annoying, but I figured "as long as the revival was good, I can manage."

Now? I was wrong.

Yeah, a friend told me about that. Said Ms. Bellum didn't fit the "message" or something along those lines. I was like "wha?"

but wasn't she a strong character because of her competence and intelligence while the mayor was an idiot?

Yeah.

Seda

That was in the current active new PPG thread. I wouldn't think the mayor's semi-endearing idiocy works without her. They could have redesigned her a bit if they were worried about objectification but I suppose people would have criticised that too.

TUSR

Banned
What's hard about leaving the mayor an idiot, dressing bellum up in modern business attire and keeping the same rhetoric.

Instead of just completely removing her.

What's hard about leaving the mayor an idiot, dressing bellum up in modern business attire and keeping the same rhetoric.

Instead of just completely removing her.

Well this is a show that is referencing lolcats and having the trio twerk.

I don't think any real thought was put into this show.

Crocodile

Shouldn't the lead times on most Western animated shows be long enough to avoid errors like those? Is something afoot back at the production studio? A super-demanding schedule at work?

Seems to be a textbook example of "that term that I shall not mention" : People who mean well but fail to solve or even cause more problems for whatever reason (botched execution, etc.). It's far from the end of the world but this was an easily fixable situation if they had wanted to. Might also apply to that alleged "unicorn" episode I've heard about but haven't seen. Is something afoot back at the production studio? A super-demanding schedule at work? It's weird, bringing back PPG should have been a slam dunk. Hopefully the show improves with time.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I probably watch more CN than any other network besides AS outside of Football season. I listen to baseball or else NESN would be number 1 by a mile.

I...don't watch a ton of tv anymore.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Powerpuff Girls dealing with an unicorn? What could go wrong?

*Googles "powerpuff girls unicorn"*

"The Tumblr Fandom Is Outraged at the 'Powerpuff Girls' Reboot"

................*SIIIIGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH*

Man, I haven't watched Cartoon Network in so long.
I watch it every week, from Midnight to 3:30 A.M, but I skip the 2 A.M. show.

I decided to look up fanart of Splatoon. Because Splatoon is rad.

I ended up on Tumblr for the first time....maybe ever.

I saw things.

I'm just not the same man anymore.

You are staring into the abyss. Do not stare into the abyss.

But the abyss is so tempting. I'm not sure why people want to link the fire so much.

The dark is so pleasant.

Also, I finished all my actual work for this semester. Now I just need to study for my finals...

*sees that Funimation is gonna put up more Yu Yu Hakusho and the first half of Garo the Animation dubbed tomorrow*

Those...fiends! It's like they want me to fail!

Mizerman

But the abyss is so tempting. I'm not sure why people want to link the fire so much.

The dark is so pleasant.

Also, I finished all my actual work for this semester. Now I just need to study for my finals...

*sees that Funimation is gonna put up more Yu Yu Hakusho and the first half of Garo the Animation dubbed tomorrow*

Those...fiends! It's like they want me to fail!

The Mountain Man is probably at it again.

Seda

I use to make a regular trip from Atlanta to home in Cedar Rapids IA. It's about a 13 hour drive that I shared with my brother.

After making that trip about 5 times (both ways), I've decided buying a ticket is worth it and flown home instead when I visit. I can't imagine making a multi-day trip across the whole country.

Soulflarz

Banned
my bro and I are going to some mega mansion in colorado for a week for reasons
the twist- my bro wants to drive

y/n do I do the 17hr drive

TUSR

Banned
driving is for poor and dumb people

I learnt that after multiple greyhounds trips

the longest I can do in a day is 8 hours by car.

Soulflarz

Banned
driving is for poor and dumb people

I learnt that after multiple greyhounds trips

yes
never take a greyhound bus or any equivalents.
I'm making my bro go 2hr both ways to get me just to avoid taking that damn bus. My friends are 0 for 4 on making it back on time within even two hours of their estimated arrival time, and these are like 3 or 4 hour rides.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
eh
20 bedroom 7m~ mansion at a resort, privately owned

I get nothing out of it
but
cool trip I assume

*20 and change beds, like half as many bedrooms I'll assume

Hey, sounds like it could be fun. Do you get to use the resort facilities? That'd make it worth the trip.

Soulflarz

Banned
Hey, sounds like it could be fun. Do you get to use the resort facilities? That'd make it worth the trip.

*ski resort
(I mean, colorado, theyre the same thing, just summer vs winter)

So yeahh, we do. :3

I'm probably going, BLEH DRIVE
I need to talk some sense into my brother

Line_HTX

At a certain point, and I think this was when Toonami was on primetime Saturday evenings, I just did not ever want to watch CN ever again. Every programming just looked stupid to me and it was then I was like... Wow, I let this channel go even though I spent hours watching various things.

Seda

That aphantasia thread is the most interesting thing I've read in a while. I had no idea that some people simply can't mentally visualize images.

I'm having a hard time even imagining how basic memory works when you can't 'see' the places you've been or the people you've met in your head. Not to mention not being able to create mental images of places you havent been, like any fictional location read in a book. Even with the research I do, a lot of concepts I understand through abstract visualizations (molecules and voltages and whatnot, though not everything translates well to imagery). As someone who teaches a lot, this is good perspective for how people might imagine abstract ideas.

Sorry, I'm going off topic a lot recently.

That aphantasia thread is the most interesting thing I've read in a while. I had no idea that some people simply can't mentally visualize images.

I'm having a hard time even imagining how basic memory works when you can't 'see' the places you've been or the people you've met in your head. Not to mention not being able to create mental images of places you havent been, like any fictional location read in a book. Even with the research I do, a lot of concepts I understand through abstract visualizations (molecules and voltages and whatnot, though not everything translates well to imagery). As someone who teaches a lot, this is good perspective for how people might imagine abstract ideas.

This is actually something I'm really good at. I don't think I've ever told this to anyone, but something that I did as a kid a lot (and still do), is when I found a cartoon I really liked, I would insert myself into the cartoon and build a story around me that ties into the main story of it. I would close my eyes and moves my arms around like I'm interacting in it. I honestly do this every night and it helps me fall asleep.

Mizerman

This is actually something I'm really good at. I don't think I've ever told this to anyone, but something that I did as a kid a lot (and still do), is when I found a cartoon I really liked, I would insert myself into the cartoon and build a story around me that ties into the main story of it. I would close my eyes and moves my arms around like I'm interacting in it. I honestly do this every night and it helps me fall asleep.

As a kid, I did the same thing. I still do to a certain extent.

As a kid, I did the same thing. I still do to a certain extent.

I just kind of need a basis of what a world looks like and then I'm able to build everything around it. I am insanely good at spatial memory things. I went through a lot of tests like those when I was younger between autism and depression, and I've always been the best at things like those. My issue is I'm terrible at writing, my speech isn't very good and my reading comprehension isn't great either, which are way bigger issues than being great at things like spatial memory.

Soulflarz

Banned

I think it's really hard to comprehend when it's so integrated in the way that we remember things.

See: not being able to distinguish faces
:p

Jarate

Banned
you guys are pussies, 17 hour drive is not that bad as long as you pace it properly, ie do it in 2 days

get yourself Hardcore History and just have at it

and this is coming from someone with severe adhd

Line_HTX

you guys are pussies, 17 hour drive is not that bad as long as you pace it properly, ie do it in 2 days

get yourself Hardcore History and just have at it

and this is coming from someone with severe adhd

I'll be blasting A State of Trance episodes and various video game and anime OST's if I'm going to drive for that long.

I would probably stop every two hours just to stretch and yell into the wind to keep myself awake, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom