• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Apr16| Here today, Gon for three years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
People overhyping stuff has become a problem in general. It's why I'll never personally push stuff on people unless they're genuinely curious what I think about it and ask if I'd recommend it, or if I know the person's tastes well enough that they'd definitely really enjoy it.

Also I'd never explain it as "This is the best thing ever just watch it" because that adds nothing to the conversation or recommendation.

Next week's One Piece is the best thing ever, watch it.

I'm super pumped for HxH on Toonami. More than any show, I hope it does really well with the ratings.

I also hope MHA is the replacement for DW. I really wanna see it, but have a hard time watching anime outside of Toonami as of late (with the exception of stuff like Jojo).

Next week's One Piece is the best thing ever, watch it.

I already know one piece is the best thing ever tho.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I knew that hair/design reminded me of /something/. While I'm sure there are other characters that are also similar, this was what I thinking of.
Good to know I wasn't the only one! Really love the colorful cast of Suikoden series... people or all races and creeds get to be good, bad, neutral, quirky, moronic, etc.

I don't think Future Trunks is crazy. Usually his decisions/actions feel the most grounded to me when compared to the other Saiyans (besides Gohan). Buu-saga Kid Trunks is a little shit, though.

Future Trunks is the least Saiyan-Saiyan out there. The way he turns out is generally much more well-rounded than, say, Adult Gohan...

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Future Trunks is a survivor of some damn complicated shit yet he turns out pretty good. Far better than real Adult Trunks who is a goober.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Those don't really taste good though :<

And you can get spicier and such

If you're getting BWW, Spicy Garlic/Asian Zing/Mango Habanero please
They changed the blazin a few months back. It's now basically their ghost pepper sauce they had last year

Grexeno

Just realized that the One Piece episode with that legendary moment will premiere the same night as the Hunter X Hunter premiere, which hopefully means it will indeed be a new bump.

The first episode of MHA was pretty good.

Katsuki is a dickbag.

Fuck that guy.

Midoriya already does.
CfHvzf0WQAAsFTA.jpg:large

Soulflarz

Banned
I'm happy others agree with me spicy garlic is tasty

They changed the blazin a few months back. It's now basically their ghost pepper sauce they had last year

Yep, I've had it, still not really hot.
Then again, I put 1,000,000 scoville sauces on burgers and don't flinch. Most I've had was either hybrid peppers which were a bit hotter or carolina reaper sauce, dunno.
Tasty~

ckohler

My Hero Academia 01

Welp, I have a favorite new show. Damn Bones, you're good. That animation was amazing. What an interesting premise, too. This is a no brainier for Toonami, if Funimation will air it.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
SWORD ART ONLINE - EPISODE FIFTEEN: Return

But wait...no. This show ended. Everyone woke up. Why is Kirito having strange dreams about Asuna disappearing? Why is Kirito a big cry baby now? Why does his mom (aunt) let him keep all that computer stuff? WHY DOES HIS SISTER (COUSIN) HAVE A NERVE GEAR?!?

Does the opening provide any hints? What? Asuna is in the hospital wearing a nerve gear? There are fairies everywhere! He's got a new harem! YUI IS BACK?!?

So Kirito and Suguha have a swordfight and Suguha domes him. I guess without the computer to aid him he's not that great anymore! Kirito has been training in secret, but so has Suguha at something she just won't say (VRMMOs clearly) He goes to the hospital to visit Asuna. Her dad is there, and he's a pretty cool dude. But so is this fucker.

az8geZf.gif

Fairy Tail reunion time! He can't marry an unconscious girl, but he can do the next best thing and get adopted into the family! He wants Kirito to show up at the wedding in seven days held here, though he's no longer welcome. This guy loves cuckholding others. Kirito is LEGIT SHOOK at all this and sits in his room catatonicly while Suguha gets him ready for bed and sleeps next to him, telling him it'll be alright and that she knows all too well what people go through when they're in love at a distance.

Oh and Agil found Asuna living in a world of fairies in a cage at the top of a big ass tree.

Raxus

MHA adaption is off to a good start. Animation is on point naturally and it is great they hit the emotional beats of the opening (and gave it two whole episodes!) since it is crucial stuff character wise. It is nice they gave the anime some room to breathe and keep the pacing of the manga which is pretty darn brisk. Looking forward to the rest of the season. Looks like they are covering the first quarter-ish of the manga.

Raxus

Just saw the HunterxHunter promo. That looks SWEET! :D

You are in for a treat. After Parasyte ends I am going to take a survey about who is familiar with the series.

Great stuff as usual SAB. It is a shame Parasyte kind of ends on a low note after hitting some high notes for some time. Rest of the block was great as usual. I even found myself half paying attention to Naruto.

Mizerman

MHA adaption is off to a good start. Animation is on point naturally and it is great they hit the emotional beats of the opening (and gave it two whole episodes!) since it is crucial stuff character wise. It is nice they gave the anime some room to breathe and keep the pacing of the manga which is pretty darn brisk. Looking forward to the rest of the season. Looks like they are covering the first quarter-ish of the manga.

Sounds awesome.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm not going to spoil anything about One Piece coming up but its some of the most prevalent Nami fanservice in the entire series the next 20 episodes or so. This is probably overall the most fanservice the show ever gets, or at the least the most since Alabasta.

I'll say I'm kinda with Shard on MHA. So far, it seems to be A Good One of Those rather than anything great.

But it's just one episode, and the only shonen I can recall off the top of my head that has its best stuff at the beginning is like....Bleach. And we all know how that went so

Grexeno

I'll say I'm kinda with Shard on MHA. So far, it seems to be A Good One of Those rather than anything great.

But it's just one episode, and the only shonen I can recall off the top of my head that has its best stuff at the beginning is like....Bleach. And we all know how that went so
Unfortunately, at only 13 episodes we probably won't get to the series' "Arlong Park" moment
Deku vs. Todoroki.

The fact MHA only covered half the first chapter in its first episode kinda leaves the audience with a different expectation compared to where the first chapter of the manga ends.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Is that new Trigger show crap like every other Trigger show?
How should we know, all the first episode did was "OMG MY DAD GOT FROZEN, NOW INFERNO GURREN LAGANN COP MADE ME A SPACE PATROL, NOW I CAN TURN INTO A GUN IN THE MIDDLE OF CLASS HOW EMBARRASSING"

I'm on board especially since it's only around 6 to 7 minutes long compared to Ninja Slayer which was double the length.

Seda

I'm not going to spoil anything about One Piece coming up but its some of the most prevalent Nami fanservice in the entire series the next 20 episodes or so. This is probably overall the most fanservice the show ever gets, or at the least the most since Alabasta.

Based on the last episode, what people have said casually, and the title of the next episode, I assume the invisible guy/ghost/thing is going to, uh, play games with Nami as she washes up with some included fanservice. As soon as Hogback (or was it plate lady) mentioned a bath, I figure that's the only way it is going to head.

I don't know how they handle it of course, but I don't inherently have a problem with it considering that it's a common element of 'horror' themes anyway, and Nami has well been established as a compelling character in a show with 100s of episodes with really not much fanservice up to this point.

Jarate

Banned
Also, Nami owns up too her sexiness and it's a big part of "thief" aesthetic. She's like George Clooney, and would you guys be upset about George Clooney fanservice?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I agree with Seda. Not to sound weird/pervy, but fanservice works MUCH better when it'd done with a character with actual characteristics & you've taken the time to gotten to know them. Don't be like Dimension W & we know the character's "body" first compared to their actual character.

...I guess similar with a real woman. You're more attracted to someone when you know their personality & such. It's the reason why I couldn't even bother with Queen's Blade, even back in high school, because I just couldn't care about any of the characters.

......again, sorry, that's the best way I can put it without sounding too weird about it.

Mizerman

I agree with Seda. Not to sound weird/pervy, but fanservice works MUCH better when it'd done with a character with actual characteristics & you've taken the time to gotten to know them. Don't be like Dimension W & we know the character's "body" first compared to their actual character.

...I guess similar with a real woman. You're more attracted to someone when you know their personality & such. It's the reason why I couldn't even bother with Queen's Blade, even back in high school, because I just couldn't care about any of the characters.

......again, sorry, that's the best way I can put it without sounding too weird about it.

Nah, it's not weird. I agree with it. Fanservice has its place, but don't just throw it around all willy-nilly and make the tone inconsistent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom