• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Apr16| Here today, Gon for three years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarate

Banned
eK4ts4l.jpg

artworks-000156329652-c7opgj-t300x300.jpg

https://soundcloud.com/couchpotatosaga/ep18

Batman v Superman - 11:05
Dragon Ball Z: Broly - Second Coming - 36:23
Batman v Superman (SPOILERS) - 50:50

"This week, we talk about spilling soup on laptops, sandwiches at Domino's, writing your own Wikipedia entry, and then review both Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice and Broly: Second Coming. (There's an editing goof that has two small-ish silences toward the end of the Batman v Superman review)."

Because I had some laptop issues, we're releasing this episode before the Daredevil/Bojack one that we recorded earlier. Anyway, I'm not sure how I feel about Broly and Broly: Second Coming being so close together at the bottom of our ranking because I think there needs to be some kind of gap in quality there. I think the first one is terrible, but the second one is truly something special. It not only wastes time with irrelevant subplots like the original, but it focuses on nobody's favorite group: Teenage Gohan, Videl, Goten, and Trunks. I ask you, who the hell thinks there's some overlap between the people who say Broly is awesome and the people who really enjoy Goten and Trunks?

1. The World's Strongest (Piccolo out of Piccolo)
2. The History of Trunks (Vegeta out of Piccolo)
3. The Dead Zone (Vegeta out of Piccolo)
4. Bardock: The Father of Goku (Vegeta out of Piccolo)
5. Lord Slug (Gohan out of Piccolo)
6. Super Android 13! (Gohan out of Piccolo)
7. Cooler's Revenge (Gohan out of Piccolo)
8. Bojack Unbound (Gohan out of Piccolo)
9. The Tree of Might (Krillin out of Piccolo)
10. The Return of Cooler (Krillin out of Piccolo)
11. Broly: The Legendary Super Saiyan (Yamcha out of Piccolo)
12. Broly: Second Coming (Yamcha out of Piccolo)

Jarate

Banned
Do you really need to spoil the current arc. Spoiling far future stuff is whatever, but this is fairly soon.

I don't think it spoils anything over then the fact that Krillin has sex with Android 18, which if we're talking, has been spoiled well over 9000 times

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So Android 18 becomes good?

Krillin has a dark side we never knew about?

Toriyama was forced to draw hentai as a secret side job to pay the bills ?

WILL I FIND OUT NEXT TIME ON DRAGON BALL Z?!?!?

So, a Pokken update dialed Shadow Mewtwo down a notch, because CHRIST, infinite combos.

There's a special place in hell for people who just played Shadow Mewtwo online.

Super has improved quality wise as of late.

Frieza's return, and Goku's fight with him is pretty lame in the show though.

Better off just watching the movie.

But...uh...Super might be rough for you, if you're a Gohan fan...

Moaradin

From what I can tell, people really like the anime original stuff. Obviously the movie retreads aren't as exciting.

I've just seen the first 3-4 episodes but they were really good. Not much fighting but a lot of silly moments that were really enjoyable to watch.

It's in all new territory now and people seem excited about it. Wish Funimation would announce something already.

How is Super doing quality wise other then the mediocre animation (lol toei)

Im still waiting on the dub ;-;

I don't keep up with Super, but from the clips I've seen, it's gotten consistently...decent, I guess?

I feel sorry for the new animators working on the show. Not only do they get paid poorly, but they have to meet deadlines and deal with people online nitpicking through smears and inbetween shots.

Jarate

Banned
Hey guys, check out this new god of war info

- There is Kratos, with beard;
- The setting is the Norse Mythology;
- Kratos will visit Alfheim, “Land Of The Fairies”, one of the Nine Worlds and home of the Light Elves (concepts show the Wall and the Temple Door);
- Kratos will be in one or more prison;
- Kratos has an Axe, with wich he can cut vines and create bridges/walkways;
- The surrounding environment could interact with the character (if Kratos brushes-up against the vines, they expell visible spores).

wait... wait a second

Kratos will visit Alfheim, “Land Of The Fairies”, one of the Nine Worlds and home of the Light Elves

KIRITO CONFIRMED FOR KRATOS, WE SAO NOW

Seda

Anyone here just waiting for the (likely to come out in 2020 at this rate) dub for DBS to come out before watching?

I am; I'm not in any hurry. I'm usually LTTP more often than not on these sorts of things anyway.

*goes back to playing Dragon Quest IX*

zulux21

From what I can tell, people really like the anime original stuff. Obviously the movie retreads aren't as exciting.

I've just seen the first 3-4 episodes but they were really good. Not much fighting but a lot of silly moments that were really enjoyable to watch.

It's in all new territory now and people seem excited about it. Wish Funimation would announce something already.

im still running with my theory and with each passing day it is getting more and more likely.

toonami has the tv rights for DB Super.
they are in no hurry to get to super because the rebroadcast of kai pulls in great ratings.
funimation will get to announce the second half of kai is coming to toonami later this year. That will last about a year airing on toonami and finally late 2017 early 2018 db super will finally hit toonami :/

Crocodile

Dragon Ball Super has gotten a lot better since its been all original material. The episode from a week ago was probably the best episode of the series to date. The Battle of the Gods and the Resurrection F arcs have been better and worse than their movie counterparts in different ways (putting animation aside where its obviously been mostly worse). So in addition to mixed opinions because of that, you're going to get a lot less excitement for pure retreads.

dont ever move to Wisconsin, it's hell

Don't forget to vote tomorrow

nah, it's just my body is really sesnitive to changes in weather, and the past 3 days have been

-Snow
-68 degrees
-snow

ive been laying in bed all day in pain. Stupid fibromyalgia

Yeah the weather has been WEIRD these past few days. It straight up snowed a shit-ton on Saturday

I could see the 11:30 PM slot being assigned to Toonami once again for their co-developed shows like the returning FLCL and Samurai Jack. The 3:30am slot...ehhh not so much since all that will achieve is more decline in the ratings.

Yeah, 11:30 is the more important slot but its only coming back for a show they spent money to actually get made, nothing else.

I think it's much more likely for us to get 3:30 rather then 11:30 with how well Family Gujy does as a lead in

I know we all hate Family Guy, but for some reason it's always been a really good lead in show to gather Toonami viewers

However the above is also true. There is no action show (East/West) regardless of quality that could pull higher ratings than Family Guy except maybe Dragon Ball Super. It will be a hard sell to get the 11:30 slot back.

gonna get a timeslot back for jack

What is your avatar?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom