• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Apr16| Here today, Gon for three years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mizerman

Changing my avatar again so you people never forget who's number one. Hail to the king, baby.

Call yourself a Star Wars fanboy yet you haven't seen it? Sir, you offend me.

*Takes out shotgun*

Besmirch my honor, would you? I shall blast you faster than you can say "Believe it!"

Jarate

Banned
Tenchi Muyo! GXP: Episode 23, Pursuit

Honestly, this episode was really mediocre, but judging from the rest of the series that's actually a fantastic thing!

Seda has for some reason been demoted back to being a Cadet for no reason. So he gets into cadet like shenanigans. During this time, their space ship, the Kamikaze, has no use at all, so the galaxy army, an organization we literally have just heard of today decide to confiscate it so they can use.

The GP of course gives into this even though Queen Space Bitch has the authority. This makes absolutely no sense, and is super stupid, but whatever

Kiriko, Amane, Neju and Ryuko all try to sabotage this plan by the army because they're like wtf yo, this shit is stupid. But before they can fully sabotage it, the army gets to them. Neju is arrested and tazered in some of the best animation on the face of the earth. I try not to gif too much because I dont want to trigger ya'll but this is just too good.

l0EFWLs.gif

DAT ANIMATION QUALITY

Also, that stupid bunny cat thing gets kidnapped

Anyway, all the other girls get arrested by some person they used to teach, and they get put under house arrest because of reasons

Anyway, Seda finds out that the Kamikaze gets stolen and uses kiriko's ship to try to chase them, they go into hyperdrive and follow the Kamikaze into an uncharted space zone, and then get attacked by people, forcing Seda to crash land on the planet of cat people things.

He ends up saving a cat person thing kid from some evil pirate guy, and gets taken to a village where he learns that Space Dio is actually set up here, and he was the one that set up getting the kamikaze, we then cut to Space Dio in his space base laughling loudly and acting evil.

So now we know the galaxy army is under space dio's control. and the only person that can stop him, is Seda!

Tenchi Muyo! GXP: Episode 23, Pursuit

Honestly, this episode was really mediocre, but judging from the rest of the series that's actually a fantastic thing!

Seda has for some reason been demoted back to being a Cadet for no reason. So he gets into cadet like shenanigans. During this time, their space ship, the Kamikaze, has no use at all, so the galaxy army, an organization we literally have just heard of today decide to confiscate it so they can use.

The GP of course gives into this even though Queen Space Bitch has the authority. This makes absolutely no sense, and is super stupid, but whatever

Kiriko, Amane, Neju and Ryuko all try to sabotage this plan by the army because they're like wtf yo, this shit is stupid. But before they can fully sabotage it, the army gets to them. Neju is arrested and tazered in some of the best animation on the face of the earth. I try not to gif too much because I dont want to trigger ya'll but this is just too good.

l0EFWLs.gif

DAT ANIMATION QUALITY

Also, that stupid bunny cat thing gets kidnapped

Anyway, all the other girls get arrested by some person they used to teach, and they get put under house arrest because of reasons

Anyway, Seda finds out that the Kamikaze gets stolen and uses kiriko's ship to try to chase them, they go into hyperdrive and follow the Kamikaze into an uncharted space zone, and then get attacked by people, forcing Seda to crash land on the planet of cat people things.

He ends up saving a cat person thing kid from some evil pirate guy, and gets taken to a village where he learns that Space Dio is actually set up here, and he was the one that set up getting the kamikaze, we then cut to Space Dio in his space base laughling loudly and acting evil.

So now we know the galaxy army is under space dio's control. and the only person that can stop him, is Seda!

Those are some thick eyebrows.

Well you, sir, are a doodiehead.

;___;

9fXM7wH.jpg

Bring it.

So you've turned to the dark side, then?

Jarate

Banned
Tenchi Muyo! GXP:Episode 24, Parallel

THIS HAND OF MINE GLOWS WITH AN AWESOME POWER
IT'S LOUD ROAR TELLS ME TO DEFEAT YOU
TAKE THIS MY LOVE MY ANGER AND ALL OF MY UNLUCKINESS
SHINING SEDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Ok, so Seda is in a secret cave of the dog people, but it gets found out by Space Dio (he's not this cool, I just call him that because he had a stand at one point which has never shown up since). Anywho, inside the cave the village elder explains how the hero used a giant robot to save the village or some shit, and the giant robot was in the cave!

When the pirate start shooting inside the cave, and injure some people, Seda gets ANGRY and his eyes light on fire and his testicles finally drop. The giant robot also lights up, and he gets forcibly pushed into the mecha to pilot it.

The mechas controls are two buttons, so i guess he powers it WITH FIGHTING SPIRIT, anyway, he takes out a group of tanks that is assaulting the cave in one of the most poorly animated action scenes of all time, and jumps up way into the sky to try and find Cat Bunny thing. He hears its cries and knows exactly where to go, and finds a remtoe island which he lands on, but it was a falser island, and actually has a base under it, causing him to crash through it. RIP Bunny! (no it's still aliuve) Seda goes and looks for the bunny cat, and finally finds it. So of course he leaves the mecha to go save it. He saves it, but notices a canister of other bunny cat things that needs to be saved

Of course this is when Space Dio shows up again, who takes out his lightsaber and threatens Seda, but Seda just gets glowey eyes and his mecha attacks space dio. He gets back in and goes to the sky to try and get away, but there's a fleet waiting for him above.

He starts to get shot heavily enough to take massive damage when all the bunnies join in to yell and cause the kamikaze to fuze with the Mecha for some reason. They call it something important, like shining wings or some shit, I don't know. Anyway, now Seda is in super mecha dai gurren la kaze and annihilates the fleet. Space Dio tells his subordinate not to flee, but too actually fight him in space, so somehow they teleport to space while Seda waits on earth. The entire fleet shows up for the pirate along with the GXP fleet or the Space Army's fleet? Space Dio tells the space army that he's glad to work together even though Space Dio literally lost to Cereal in a duel and has been literally useless the entire show. Great job picking the yamcha of the show to work with.

They entire space pirate fleets decides to shoot all it's lazers at the cat dog rat things planets, but Seda uses some type of black energy to neutralize it, teleport back into space, and shoot back at the fleet. Space Dio tries to now run away by goin into hyperdrive, but Seda is able to catch him somehow because of space science. This impresses the crew of the space army so much that they're like "fuck this shit" and arrest the commander that was working with a pirate.

The shadow organization of course i like BLEH WE DONT NEED EM and then they're caught by the GXP.

Seda then talks about how he felt like a god.

And yeah, episode over, another not terrible episode, although the animation made all the action sequences not work very well. If this was decently animated, it could have in fact been fairly hype.

Jarate

Banned
Tenchi Muyo! GXP: Episode 25, Graduation

WAKE ME UP
WAKE ME UP INSIDE
CAN'T WAKE UP
WAKE ME UP INSIDE
SAVE ME
CALL MY NAME AND SAVE ME FROM TENCHI MUYO GXP

IM ALMOST DONE GUYS

So this episode introduces all the characters moving out of amanes house, and Seda too, who has a huge amount of stuff, and has to go back to the dorms cause he's not training with Amane anymore. idk man, I think they just needed to separate the characters. Anyway, every female character goes and shops for their new furnishings, and everyone shops for two as they hope Seda will stay with them

Seda is in class when he's called to go meet with Old Women Lady, and he gets too meet with super space council featuring the kings and queens of this shit universe. They announce the findings of the mecha he found, and find out that it's over 1 billion years old, and holds a life tree seed, a first generation one, that only seda is able to talk to, making him 3rd in line to become emperor. He's of course stunned by this.

So all the girls learn the news, and all of them are like I WILL SUPPORT SEDA EVEN IF I CAN'T BE WITH THEM, all of them also cry. Because loosing out on a 15 year old fuckboy is the worst thing on earth. Fuck this show. All of the female characters suck ass. How can you have a harem show where the females are the worst characters on earth. FUCK

Anyway, all the girls freak ou, but are asked to all join together on space queens ship. Seda graduates from school, and goes on a wacky adven ture with his friends where they see if they can get to the graduation party first because the first person gets to kiss the graduation queen? They end up blowing up a bridge and fall in the water and of course Seda wins, but there's 4 women or something.

All 4 of the girls meet up at space queens place where all the important charac ters we've met so far are all in the same room, along with Seda's parents and Dr Wushu or whatever

1 MORE EPISODE LEFT IM ALSO FREE GUYS

Crocodile

People left Champloo but CAME BACK for Shippuden, then LEFT AGAIN when One Piece was on?!?!

Piece of Evidence #246568693 that the average Toonami viewer isn't the most discerning viewer. Final 4 probably messed with the ratings in a weird way too aside from just lowering them overall.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I had awful stomach cramps on Saturday and spent most of Champloo and Shippuden in a bad way. Felt great when One Piece came on.

Jarate

Banned
Tenchi Muyo! GXP: Episode 26, Final Engagement

IM FREE

So this episode SUCKED ASS

The reason everyone got together was because they all agre3ed to marry Seda, yeah, that's right, Amane, Neju, Kiriko, and Ryuko all decided to marry Seda. Seda of course is super distraught because for some reason he fucking thinks the other girls don't love them, even though they have had a constant erection for Seda the entire show.

Anywho, Seda goes to the wedding ceremony, where every big name group is attending. But Seda is still super distraught because he hasnt been able to talk to the girls. When he finally gets too meet them, he's happy to find out that they all love him

Anyway, Seda gets taken aside and told he has to get measurements for his suit, and he's taken to a random storage unit. It turns out the guy who talk was actually space dio, and he attempts to attack him, including punching him in the gut! YAY. But Seda uses his smarts to shoot that green goo at him and kicks him so hard his robot leg comes off and then goos him again

Seda WINS LOL. So The Space Queen apologizes and shit, and all of them are about to get married. and then Seda gets kjidnapped by the concubines who ended up being non union space girls who needed Sedas help with pirates

So the girls all enter the Kamikaze to go save him, and they catch up to find Seda being surrounded by the concubines who are naked (they got rid of their outfits to get less weght on board) and Amane is like give me back my husband bitch, Seda are you cheating, and then too prove how committed Seda is to the concubine girls, the concubine girls end up raping Seda.

It ends with all 8 girls on the Kamikaze flying somewhere. i dont care, Im fucking done

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
hey jarate do a write up of master of martial hearts, it's only 5 episodes

wut could possibly go wrong

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I watched GXP before it was cool.

......in that I wish I was part of ToonamiGAF when watching it, because damn I wanted to partake in everyone's reactions.

I was ready to do that with AGK in 11 days but TOONAMI had to rain on my parade.

You think that's bad, I was only 5 episodes away from finishing the HxH anime when it was announced for Toonami. There are 148 episodes of the HxH anime. Now i'm gonna have to wait years and years to watch those 5 episodes. You ever been anime blue balled like that?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
You think that's bad, I was only 5 episodes away from finishing the HxH anime when it was announced for Toonami. There are 148 episodes of the HxH anime. Now i'm gonna have to wait years and years to watch those 5 episodes. You ever been anime blue balled like that?

I mean, that kinda sorta would have happened to you with HXH anyways...

But yes, that did happen to me with TTGL. I promised two other people we'd finish watching it together...and we never got around to it before moving on with our lives. I didn't technically finish it until it aired on TOONAMI years later.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Imagine being almost caught up with One Piece with over 700 episodes, & finding out it's back on Toonami.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Imagine being almost caught up with One Piece with over 700 episodes, & finding out it's back on Toonami.

It only had 600 when that happened! Plus TOONAMI was kind enough to spot you 205 episodes, over four years worth of savings!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
"Sorry, people who never seen One Piece before, have fun catching up with 200 episodes to get to where we are now!"

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Sadly, Naruto is probably the most successful manga/anime on a global level outside of Dragon Ball. Toei and 4Kids completely fucked up the handling of One Piece on an international scale

Line_HTX

"Sorry, people who never seen One Piece before, have fun catching up with 200 episodes to get to where we are now!"

Last Saturday on the Funimation MHA countdown stream, Justin was telling a story of one of the other employees locked in a room for one week and try to watch as much One Piece before it came to Toonami. He ALMOST made it all the way to the episode where it would begin airing on nu-Toonami. It was at least 150 episodes IIRC.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Last Saturday on the Funimation MHA countdown stream, Justin was telling a story of one of the other employees locked in a room for one week and try to watch as much One Piece before it came to Toonami. He ALMOST made it all the way to the episode where it would begin airing on nu-Toonami. It was at least 150 episodes IIRC.

I caught up on 400 episodes in ten days or so, but I was bed ridden at the time.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
SWORD ART ONLINE - EPISODE SEVENTEEN: Captive Queen

Kirito OHKOs another Fire Nation dude. Yeah, I get it, he's cheating, this game is skill based and all...but wouldn't he still have starting equipment? Maybe they should have gone full hax with this. Anyways this episode is just him hanging out with a ginormous breasted fairy who sounds suspiciously like his cousin/sister. The one who is in love with him yet doesn't realize that the fairy with his online name that looks just like him isn't him. Kirito...that shit makes sense as he never notices what is going on with any girl he runs into.

UwepR5h.gif

Wait the red guys are Salamanders? This shit really is Fairy Tail! First race to meet Oberon at the top of the tree becomes angels! Leafa joins him on this dumb quest. Yui becomes full sized to sleep next to daddy before he logs out.

Asuna is in the devil's playground. Hell in a Cell! Bah Gawd, She's Titania! Queen of the Fairies. Natsu is Oberon, the system admin. Also a potential rapist. He stole the 300 from SAO to fuck with and sell some mind control tech to the Americans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom