• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Apr16| Here today, Gon for three years

Status
Not open for further replies.

zulux21

Nice work, Jarate. Not many people can make it through GXP mentally unscathed.

I feel odd...
I didn't mind the show when I watched it so many years ago.
I mean it wasn't good but it was better than dragon ball GT :p (thought GT had some higher high points)

Grexeno

The ToonamiGAF Podcast Episode #2 is live!

This week's guest is Jarate, or what's left of him after watching Tenchi Muyo GXP.

Worth nothing that I've only receive two requests to be on the podcast so far, so unless I get more I'll just start asking whoever I want pretty soon. So if you want to guarantee a spot you need to PM me.

I wonder if a sports anime will be made in the Rocket League universe. Maybe that'll be the day Toonami will finally air that particular genre.

Jarate

Banned
My gf actually asked about the podcast cause she wanted to listen to me, I was actually just about to harass you about posting this Grex

Also, I still am kind of hung over from Tenchi, I legit had a headache from watching so much of it yesterday

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Worth nothing that I've only receive two requests to be on the podcast so far, so unless I get more I'll just start asking whoever I want pretty soon. So if you want to guarantee a spot you need to PM me.
If it can be for a night where I feel like I can contribute a decent amount of opinions aside from "it was okay", I wouldn't mind. Also need to check about if I can get Skype working again.

Main issue is the damn fact my laptop has this annoying issue of "dropping" my internet despite still being connected for a few seconds at a time, & it can happen just once or twice a day or like right now, too many times to count. Have no idea how to fix it aside from replacing this almost 4-year-old laptop.

Edit: I might've finally fixed it? Did something & it asked if I wanted to let Skype through my firewall, & it's not doing it anymore....for the time being....

Jarate

Banned
Jarate sounds much more clearer than that sample he linked.

vocaroo is a terrible program + I was using my sony wireless headset for that

this was on my nice mic

If it can be for a night where I feel like I can contribute a decent amount of opinions aside from "it was okay", I wouldn't mind. Also need to check about if I can get Skype working again.

Main issue is the damn fact my laptop has this annoying issue of "dropping" my internet despite still being connected for a few seconds at a time, & it can happen just once or twice a day or like right now, too many times to count. Have no idea how to fix it aside from replacing this almost 4-year-old laptop.

Edit: I might've finally fixed it? Did something & it asked if I wanted to let Skype through my firewall, & it's not doing it anymore....for the time being....

Grex doesnt use Skype for this

Grexeno

We use Google Hangouts since it can upload directly to Youtube.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Ahh, okay. But yeah, I would hate to partake in the podcast only for me to randomly pop in & out due to my laptop not being able to maintain a connection at really random times, losing out on the conversation. Or even worse, drops me while I'm in the middle of talking & I don't know it.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Ahh, okay. But yeah, I would hate to partake in the podcast only for me to randomly pop in & out due to my laptop not being able to maintain a connection at really random times, losing out on the conversation. Or even worse, drops me while I'm in the middle of talking & I don't know it.

If you have a smartphone you can use that.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
If you have a smartphone you can use that.
If my phone can actually hold it (most of the space is taken up by Miitomo), then I'll give that a try. I have a bluetooth headset that should work fine, as I've used it before.

Will give the newest episode a listen tonight, just glad I have another podcast to help me through the work week. I'm also been okay with the length so far, based on the previous episode & looking at the length of this week's episode.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I still don't understand the point of that monologue. I really think it dragged down all the 2nd half momentum.

Amen. They literally did not need it, there was no point other than to hit us over the head with what we already understood the show was trying to tell us.

You know, Migi, we really are the Parasyte of this planet.

Speaking of which, I finally saw the Parasyte episode from this past Saturday on my DVR.

Wish I never watched it. The last 10 minutes was soooooooo fucking dumb. Well at least I know what caused Jon Benjamin to turn into a can of vegetables.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
If anything, it feels like they just didn't update some of the writing, considering the manga began in 1988 & ended in 1995. It would explain why some of the characters traits feel dated at times (see all females excluding Reiko).

One of these days, I should read the manga to see just how much they changed. I only know they updated the characters' looks (Shinichi didn't have glasses in the manga & Kana looks VERY different) & some smaller moments were left out.

Edit: While I'm thinking about it, is it fair to consider it an '80s manga when only 2 of its 8 year run was actually in the 1980s?

While the series has had ups and downs, I felt like the show was still largely enjoyable. That episode soured it a bit.

yeah, i found myself wondering why people who had seen it seemed to have such a middling impression of it since we were approaching the end and i...kinda see why now. if the last episode is anything like the last half of this previous one, it's gonna go out on a really sour note.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
> "Have people heard of the name?"
>Yes
>"ALRIGHT, WE'LL MAKE A MOVIE & LET WORD OF MOUTH FROM FANS HELP SPREAD THE WORD!"

...granted, it didn't work for the freakin' live-action Jem movie that barely lasted over a week in theaters.

Been on Netflix for a dog's age as well.

Well for those that don't have a paid membership to it. However, I believe this has been already uploaded a long time ago. Last time I see a recent news article as something new.

So that American Death Note film seems like it'll be exclusive to Netflix?

I still don't know how to feel, considering it's a decent idea, but it could easily be done horribly wrong.

I like Adam Wingard's films, you guys should check them out. However, the script is being written by one of the folks from that godawful Fantastic Four movie from last year. Not too optimistic on this unless Adam pulls out a miracle.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Death Note is very easy to translate to live action as long as you don't try to copy that insane character design too closely.

Mizerman

> "Have people heard of the name?"
>Yes
>"ALRIGHT, WE'LL MAKE A MOVIE & LET WORD OF MOUTH FROM FANS HELP SPREAD THE WORD!"

...granted, it didn't work for the freakin' live-action Jem movie that barely lasted over a week in theaters.

To be fair, they weren't even trying with Jem in the first place.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, the idea itself would work perfectly fine in live-action, the problem is that the whole chase of trying to stay hidden while the police & a detective try to solve the murders is kind of lost when you condense it from a 37 episode anime adapted from 12 volumes of manga into a 90 to 120 minute film.

Granted, I think most people would be content if they just went with the first half or whatever, since that's remembered by more people (aside from the actual ending).

At the very least, of all the anime I can think of, this is one that would make sense in a "what would be easy to bring to live-action?" way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom