• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Apr16| Here today, Gon for three years

Status
Not open for further replies.

giphy.gif

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So uh, that Koei Tecmo Attack on Titan game comes to the US August 30th.

....anyone even slightly interested? I mean, it seems closer to what I would want a game version of that series to be compared to the 3DS one...

.....& will it get reviewed on Toonami?

Line_HTX

Are any of y'all watching Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress? Now that one should be on Toonami, heh heh heh...

I'm gonna destroy every single one of those technologically powered zombies that bite people!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I hear the game is trash
I know the 3DS one was from what I've heard, but I can't imagine Tecmo Koei screwing up another "Dynasty Warriors: Anime Edition".

Hell, I know it's nowhere near as nice as the Wii U version, but I've been finding myself playing more on my New 3DS when it comes to Hyrule Warriors Legends.

Raxus

As much as it sucks we will likely not get JoJo any time soon with so few slots, we are at least going to avoid Attack on Trains.

Mizerman

Are any of y'all watching Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress? Now that one should be on Toonami, heh heh heh...

I'm gonna destroy every single one of those technologically powered zombies that bite people!

Even in context, it still wouldn't make any sense. :p

Grexeno

As much as it sucks we will likely not get JoJo any time soon with so few slots, we are at least going to avoid Attack on Trains.
I think it's more likely we get JoJo now, since they don't seem to care about show length as much as we think.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I still wonder how Jojo would be handled. Will they air S1/Parts 1 & 2, or skip to S2/Part 3, which is more well known but would miss the "set up" from Part 1 & the awesomeness of Part 2.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I could see them going either way. I might give the edge to Part 3 since it could be a dub premiere.
That seems possible, plus Part 3 is more well known due to the Capcom fighter, the only part Viz translated back in the day, & that OVA series.

& it's not like S1 is required, per say, it's just Part 1 goes a bit more into Dio & his whole ordeal with the Joestar family/why Jotaro & Joseph want to go after him, but if most people are like me, they didn't even know this was Part 3 of many parts back when they originally read/saw it.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I still wonder how Jojo would be handled. Will they air S1/Parts 1 & 2, or skip to S2/Part 3, which is more well known but would miss the "set up" from Part 1 & the awesomeness of Part 2.
If Viz is redoing the dub of Part 1 as they suggested, there is no way that doesn't get to air.

Besides, Part 1 is crazy short. If Dimension W was Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, Phantom Blood would be ending next week.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Well, Part 1 is part of S1, which also covers Part 2, so total it's 26 episodes. Part 3/S2 is 48 episodes, so if both air, that's 74 episodes. Though granted, length might no longer be an issue after HxH.

We still aren't sure if Viz is gonna redo the dub for S1. Maybe they acquired it from Warner Bros. (I've heard it's okay, but not bad enough it warrants a re-dub).

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Are you using "https"? I noticed that as well, switched to regular "http" & it started to work for me.

Also, thanks to the ToonamiGAF podcast, I learned that HxH was made by the guy who also did Yu Yu Hakusho, blonde is a boy, & you guys need to pronounce "edgy" better because I kept thinking you were saying "ecchi".

Are you using "https"? I noticed that as well, switched to regular "http" & it started to work for me.

Also, thanks to the ToonamiGAF podcast, I learned that HxH was made by the guy who also did Yu Yu Hakusho, blonde is a boy, & you guys need to pronounce "edgy" better because I kept thinking you were saying "ecchi".

what if they really were saying ecchi

Moaradin

I couldn't get on GAF for the past 24 hours. My subscription bookmark wouldn't work. Typing in www.neogaf.com wouldn't work. I have no idea why it lets me on after clicking a neogaf link on twitter.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Remove everything after ".php"? Seems you bookmarked it after removing some threads from your subscriptions or something.

Funimation's advertisements for MHA are hilariously forced.

"Higher power levels than Dragon Ball Z"
"More spirited than Bleach"
"Packs more punch than One Piece "

lol

Moaradin

Remove everything after ".php"? Seems you bookmarked it after removing some threads from your subscriptions or something.

I had this same bookmark for like 2 years lol. Was working perfectly until yesterday. It's not just that though. I couldn't get into GAF at all until I found a random link on Twitter. I thought it was just down for everyone.

removing everything after php just brings me to the default subscription page, but I don't use that one. I had a custom one bookmarked.

Moaradin

Because there's barely any manga to adapt hence the first episode only covering half of the first episode

It easily has 2-cours worth of material to adapt. The first 50 or so chapters was enough. And it's up to 85 now.

By the time it would get another season, we'd have another 40-50 chapters.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh yup, I saw some of those MHA ads on Neogaf. I saw the DBZ & Naruto quotes.

They REALLY want that show to catch on.

Jarate

Banned
"MHA, it's not as shit as Naruto and Bleach"
"MHA, it has more teenage love drama then one piece"
"MHA, if you're sick of post DBZ shonens"

Jarate

Banned
just waiting for that Toei money to show up so we can get some good ol' Toei animation and toei filler

This is the Man-God Timeline

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom