• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Apr16| Here today, Gon for three years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Line_HTX

The "last half" if you will was an excuse for everything to go wrong.

I'm still pissed at the special manga volume where it had the interview with the writer and he said that was all planned.

The "last half" if you will was an excuse for everything to go wrong.

I'm still pissed at the special manga volume where it had the interview with the writer and he said that was all planned.

I can buy it, having the twist half way through the series always felt planned, and the ending for sure felt planned, just what got us from that mid point twist to the finale wasn't as satisfying.

Moaradin

I watched a bunch of Pokemon movies during that Twitch stream a while back and it really made me want to watch XY lol.

I see scenes like this and wonder why the fuck Pokemon looks better than most current shows these days.

Puruzi

Banned
This doesn't explain why the show looked somewhere between garbage and okay for the last fifteen years and then suddenly Kalos comes along and its the best looking show I watch week in and week out.

They're using staff from the origins special iirc

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Wait, the Pokemon XY anime is good?

Like legit good?

Wow, I'm kinda shocked. I'll had to give it a watch.

1. It's still a kid's show designed to sell toys/cards/games. Though the writing is a lot better this series it's still got that going for it.

2. It's primarily about how awesome looking it is and how good the contest/gym episodes are. The music has always been incredible at least in Japan. The dub is too cheap to spring for the awesome music which is a shame.

1. It's still a kid's show designed to sell toys/cards/games. Though the writing is a lot better this series it's still got that going for it.

2. It's primarily about how awesome looking it is and how good the contest/gym episodes are. The music has always been incredible at least in Japan. The dub is too cheap to spring for the awesome music which is a shame.

Oh I know it's still a kids show. I watch shonen anime for a living, but if it's like substantially better than the previous seasons, then I'll need to give it a watch. Especially if it looks and sounds as good as you say.

Puruzi

Banned
Everything is much better than all the previous series.

The writing. The music. The animation. The characters.

Just literally everything, and it's a huge step up too.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
SWORD ART ONLINE - EPISODE EIGHTEEN: To the World Tree

This nerd guy is pretty funny. Trying to call Suguha her in game name. Then her first name. Nope, none of this shit, know your place.

xtSjO49.gif

Then she gets in her underwear. She's not cheating on her not boyfriend brother by helping this guy who looks and sounds just like him! Anyways her party is a bunch of needy assholes who don't want her to leave but unlike Asuna she just leaves. Her nerd guy friend is going to stay with the party to figure out why they're acting so weird but tells Kirito to watch over her. This kid doesn't know he's talking to the master of white knighting.

Then we get more rapey scenes with Sugo and Asuna. She's memorized the door lock by reading it backwards in her mirror.

Then we get even more Suguha fanservice. Too hot for tv most of this stuff is, then she teaches Yui what the word like means.

pcAQv8I.gif

I remember being kinda surprised that the same people in SAO who use awful gamer slang had a problem with being called their in-game names in the outside world

Soulflarz

Banned
I remember being kinda surprised that the same people in SAO who use awful gamer slang had a problem with being called their in-game names in the outside world

This reminds me of how the gaffers I have on other sites that actually list their name...
I'll never like call them by their name, but by their gaf username.
Bass is diff since I've known his full name forever, but yeah, when we hang out next month I fully expect me to flub his name and the other person there for their usernames once or twice like an idiot.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

In this case this nerd boy thinks Suguha is his girlfriend. At least most of the other people who refer to people in real life as their online handle met them, you know, in a real ass death game and hung out with them for almost three years trapped there. This kid is just a rare breed. Hilarious English VA too, best casting of nerd ever.

Seda

This reminds me of how the gaffers I have on other sites that actually list their name...
I'll never like call them by their name, but by their gaf username.
Bass is diff since I've known his full name forever, but yeah, when we hang out next month I fully expect me to flub his name and the other person there for their usernames once or twice like an idiot.

A group I IRC chat with on a daily basis - we use real names and handles pretty much interchangeabley . When we Skype every other week, it's 95% real names with the occasional username flub.

Jarate

Banned
my online friends all call me jarate or whatever online name I chose at the time

if we meet irl you better call me by my real name

Kenshiro

Soulflarz

Banned
I don't mind being Chris
:3

edit: I think it's diff with people who intentionally hide their name online-- that is to say, if, for example, Seda hid his name always online, and I only knew his real name in passing, I'd be much more likely to call him Seda.
Compared to how he uses Adam on twitter and I use Chris, so neither of us should be shocked if someone calls us by our real names?

My username outside of games in generally my real name. In games I rarely ever use it though. My most common name in games is Yunsen, which is the only halfway decent unique name I could come up with, even though I thought it up in a creepy way.

In this case this nerd boy thinks Suguha is his girlfriend. At least most of the other people who refer to people in real life as their online handle met them, you know, in a real ass death game and hung out with them for almost three years trapped there. This kid is just a rare breed. Hilarious English VA too, best casting of nerd ever.

True I suppose, but I remember a pretty consistent feeling of "oh god how can you say that out loud" from pretty much all the characters

Giuseppe?

I'm just randomly guessing, lol.

I don't really hide my name because I have personally known 2 different people with the exact same name as mine even though we're not related.

Nope. My name is not Giuseppe, though it is Italian.

I've never met anyone IRL or even on the internet with my name.

I'm in this one Skype group where literally everyone but me is referred to by their first name, and that's only because I've been getting called Star or Sketch on the Internet for the past 8 years and it feels really strange being called by my first name. That and I'm a relative newcomer to a group that's known each other for years lol

ckohler

Wow, I'm kinda shocked. I'll had to give it a watch.

I noticed this a few months ago. In fact, I was going to post here about an episode I saw which was probably the best Pokemon episode I'd ever seen.

A Fork in the Road! A Parting of the Ways!

Basically, the episode takes the normally comedic, one-note character of Jessie and makes her a full fledged, feeling character. After meeting a local doctor who saves her life, she begins to fall in love and struggles with leaving Team Rocket forever and settling down while James makes a hard decision from the shadows to allow Jessie to chase her dream. It was really heart-warming.

And yes, the animation is pretty stellar for such a long running show. That Serena dance scene was movie quality.

Gah, after 3 weeks I'm finally caught up with the thread(s) again.

Read all of Jarate's GXP write-ups and that should be classified as an amazing observation of human self-torture and what afoul forms of media does to the human psyche. hell it can make it into the medical journal of science!

I've always pronounced HXH as "Hunter Times Hunter".

EDIT: http://www.allgamesdelta.net/2016/04/fateextella-domain-registered-by-xseed.html WELL, if XSEED gonna' publish this, I might have to get into this franchise.

Ever since the Alison Rapp incident, I've started to care less about Nintendo's fate...excitement of the NX waned because before that day, I'd usually lurk and try reading every post of interest in rumor threads.

Please don't bring that into this thread

Line_HTX

Gah, after 3 weeks I'm finally caught up with the thread(s) again.

Read all of Jarate's GXP write-ups and that should be classified as an amazing observation of human self-torture and what afoul forms of media does to the human psyche. hell it can make it into the medical journal of science!

We need other shows to come on Toonami for group torture observation purposes.

;P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom