• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Apr16| Here today, Gon for three years

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Can I mention that One Piece is really fucking good right now? The manga that is.
I mean fuck!

Seda

'These two characters reciprocate consideration and empathy. Clearly they are romantically interested in each other.'

'These two characters don't get along well. Clearly they are romantically interested in each other.'

'These two characters reciprocate consideration and empathy. Clearly they are romantically interested in each other.'

'These two characters don't get along well. Clearly they are romantically interested in each other.'

'these two characters get along well'

This guy is a bland self insert and she's a hot tsundere, they must be in love

Wait

large.gif

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
If anything, the issue is it gets waaaaaaay overused because it's the easiest way to show the development of a character & learning to express their emotions towards someone, showing the transformation of the relationship between the two.

Jarate

Banned
If anything, the issue is it gets waaaaaaay overused because it's the easiest way to show the development of a character & learning to express their emotions towards someone, showing the transformation of the relationship between the two.

and also japan loves it for some reason.

although, im on that ditzy, but surprisingly super competent girl bandwagon

Sounds like most of the support conversations in Fire Emblem Fates :p

I still like the support convo's

According to anime logic when women dislike you, they're on the cusp of falling madly in love with you.

Guys, I'm actually insanely popular with the ladies.

Seda

Sounds like most of the support conversations in Fire Emblem Fates :p

I still like the support convo's

FE7 has the best support conversations in the series (that I've played) because it has a good mix of character building, backstory extrapolation, and a variety of relationships including romance. (The actual method of building supports stinks though)

Matchmaker Emblems are kinda hand-tied to have (most) any pair result in romance in order to fit with the children mechanics.

FE7 has the best support conversations in the series (that I've played) because it has a good mix of character building, backstory extrapolation, and a variety of relationships including romance. (The actual method of building supports stinks though)

Matchmaker Emblems are kinda hand-tied to have (most) any pair result in romance in order to fit with the children mechanics.

I really want you to play fire emblem 4 to give your opinion on it since it's my favorite in the series and first introduced the child system

Jarate

Banned
I really want you to play fire emblem 4 to give your opinion on it since it's my favorite in the series and first introduced the child system

Ive never been able to get into it because it doesn't tell you if you're gonna get 2 hits in or not, or maybe it was the terrible fan translations Ive played over the years

Really dont understand why Nintendo has never released those titles here, especially since we know SNES emulation is possible on handhelds.

I'm going camping over the weekend, so I might miss Toonami on Saturday.
If there's any wi-fi at the campsite or if my mobile hotspot decides to work, then maybe I'll catch a few shows.

Mizerman

Am I the only one who really dislikes tsundere characters?

like I really dislike tsundere characters

It depends really. Some tsunderes are done well.

According to anime logic when women dislike you, they're on the cusp of falling madly in love with you.

Guys, I'm actually insanely popular with the ladies.

Yup. When they beat you to a pulp, it really means that they "love you" but are not being "honest".

*Nods*

Matchmaker emblem supports are generally good when they don't hamstring people into marriage. Problems start arising when you commence the romance. You could have a support about two individuals talking about someone that died and all of a sudden:

"I had a great time talking about my dead lord. Oh BTW I love you!"
I love you too, person of whom I barely told anything about myself to! Let's get married, have a child and send then to the babyrealm where they will be raised by people we don't know!"

Not to say all support conversations can't progress into romance of course. I daresay Peri X Laslow is my OTP. But that in mind, a lot of them can be pretty damn forced.

Jarate

Banned
Killua's voice. D:

Im waiting for the full dub before making statements on the quality of the voice actors. And also remember, he's a little kid, and that's important for the narrative of the story. They might have wanted to push that.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Awakening has good support conversations, especially those of the children. Fates aren't quite as good because they upped the wackiness of most of the characters past the point of believability.

Can I mention that One Piece is really fucking good right now? The manga that is.
I mean fuck!

I'm still trying to hold out on the manga. Never read manga before and not sure if I would like it. Plus I have no idea where to even view it where for the anime I have Crunchyroll for it and other things.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, it should be mentioned Gon & Killua are meant to be like, what, 12 years old? So they're not to suppose to sound like a teenage boy like Naruto or Ichigo & such.

Also, Gon's VA (Ryoko from KlK) has technically voiced a boy previously....I mean, Pac-Man counts, right?

bigkrev

So, I paid $12.50 to see Hardcore Henry this evening. I left the theater 3/4ths or so through the movie. One of the worst films I have ever seen for so many reasons, not the least of which is it gave me a stomachace and made my head hurt.

Yeah, it should be mentioned Gon & Killua are meant to be like, what, 12 years old? So they're not to suppose to sound like a teenage boy like Naruto or Ichigo & such.

Also, Gon's VA (Ryoko from KlK) has technically voiced a boy previously....I mean, Pac-Man counts, right?

Gon is mentally a small child, and Killua is mentally the wise adult. Gon shouldn't sound more manly than Killua

So, I paid $12.50 to see Hardcore Henry this evening. I left the theater 3/4ths or so through the movie. One of the worst films I have ever seen for so many reasons, not the least of which is it gave me a stomachace and made my head hurt.

Ouch, and I was looking forward to seeing it next week too.

The real question is, have you seen BvS and was it worse than that?

bigkrev

Ouch, and I was looking forward to seeing it next week too.

The real question is, have you seen BvS and was it worse than that?

It's paced better than BvS (the action starts approx. 4 minutes in and didn't let up by the time I walked out), but its a really bad movie and I wouldn't recommend seeing either one.

This movie is less than 90 minutes long if that is a selling point.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
SWORD ART ONLINE - EPISODE NINETEEN: The Lugru Corridor

Kirito turns into a daemon. It's an illusion...that's totally not an illusion as it kills twelve Salamanders. Yui taught him it, it's probably more cheating. Anyways the asshole Sylph last episode wasn't just possessive, he's a traitor. The Salamanders are trying to stop a peace deal and Suguha needs to leave to stop them...Kirito has nothing better going on and tags along.

ApEfwSx.gif

Jarate

Banned
It's a shame how well animated SAO is sometimes. Im not even that big of a fan of the art style of the characters, and sometimes they move the camera round way too much, but they do have some talent

SAO has a good artstyle (in SAO and ALO).

Would prefer a pure fantasy show without the MMO element, considering how poorly the video game (lack of) logic is handled.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
SAO is among the top ten shows of nu TOONAMI going by animation alone. The best looking thing they've ever aired is Akira, followed by FLCL. GXP is by far the worst. BtB has more artistry.

Jarate

Banned
SAO has a good artstyle (in SAO and ALO).

Would prefer a pure fantasy show without the MMO element, considering how poorly the video game (lack of) logic is handled.

I like the backgrounds in SAO but hate the character designs, as every single thing is super soft looking and all the characters end up looking very similar

Moaradin

Gon is mentally a small child, and Killua is mentally the wise adult. Gon shouldn't sound more manly than Killua

Puberty is puberty. I remember people justifying Goku's Japanese voice because he's still mentally a kid or some shit. I don't buy it.

SAO is among the top ten shows of nu TOONAMI going by animation alone. The best looking thing they've ever aired is Akira, followed by FLCL. GXP is by far the worst. BtB has more artistry.

discounting ASA reruns, there are definitely at least 10 better shows than SAO

I like the backgrounds in SAO but hate the character designs, as every single thing is super soft looking and all the characters end up looking very similar

I thought the backgrounds were nice, but I felt like they never came together in any way. ALO and SAO seemed more like a collection of fantasy desktop backgrounds than something really cohesive

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Killua's Japanese voice is if anything too deep. They did kinda reverse the casting in this case. I think they'll kill it based on their previous work though.

discounting ASA reruns, there are definitely at least 10 better shows than SAO

Animation quality alone, friend.

Jarate

Banned
I think we should just wait for the dub too come out, even if theoretically the casting was "wrong" it still wont matter if they put out great performances. Hell, look at Franky who really sounds nothing like his Japanese version (especially in comparison to the rest of the class being so good) but his VA is good enough to pull it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom