• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Apr16| Here today, Gon for three years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarate

Banned
can we just beg Demarco to the just play the Champloo opener every single time they have a music video lined up

especially considering the pretty sad state of EDM music right now which basically all of these music videos are.

We should get some Prog Rock on here!

ckohler

Now that Steve Blum isn't recording custom openings each week and that they are holding onto the bumps longer, it seems like post Intruder 2 Toonami is more budget minded. I wonder if they are spending more on acquisitions and less on interstitials now.

Jarate

Banned
They're spending all their money trying to get those last episodes of Bleach because they unfairly canceled it

#BRINGBACKBLEACH

I mean I'm sure AS would help to fund a Bleach Blood War arc with gobs of filler if they were asked since the AS audience clearly don't care if Bleach is filler or canon.

Seda

fVVjRO7.gif

Grexeno

Now that Steve Blum isn't recording custom openings each week and that they are holding onto the bumps longer, it seems like post Intruder 2 Toonami is more budget minded. I wonder if they are spending more on acquisitions and less on interstitials now.
The bumps going longer was a thing since last year. So far I'm just ascribing it to laziness since bump sets can't be all that expensive to make.

They probably got rid of the weekly openings due to them getting incredibly bad, not to save cost.

If it means more new and decent shows, then I'm up for that.

Seda

Quick organic thoughts from somebody not familiar with the Japanese cast. Gon sounds pretty close to Ryuko, maybe slightly lower pitched, but barely, which seems fine? (Certainly not any more 'girly' than Naruto or Luffy or Gohan imo). Leorio kinda has drawn out syllables for comedic sort effect but it doesn't come across well each time. He kinda drawls a bit, which might be suitable if he's supposed to be the goober of the group. Kuripika is basically monotone, and seems passable. I would think the character is a girl though if I didn't know otherwise.

Quick organic thoughts from somebody not familiar with the Japanese cast. Gon sounds pretty close to Ryuko, maybe slightly lower pitched, but barely, which seems fine? (Certainly not any more 'girly' than Naruto or Luffy or Gohan imo). Leorio kinda has drawn out syllables for comedic sort effect but it doesn't come across well each time. He kinda drawls a bit, which might be suitable if he's supposed to be the goober of the group. Kuripika is basically monotone, and seems passable. I would think the character is a girl though if I didn't know otherwise.

These are my thoughts pretty much. That's how Kurapika was in Japanese, for what it's worth. It does sound a little bit rough overall compared to some other shows, but I believe that was the very first episode (and if it's not the first then it's the second).

bigkrev

I didn't realize Kurapika was a boy till the subs used a gendered pronoun for him. I'm pretty sure that in a foreign language dub of the original series (I want to say that Brazilian version?) they made Kurapika a girl.

Jarate

Banned
I didn't realize Kurapika was a boy till the subs used a gendered pronoun for him. I'm pretty sure that in a foreign language dub of the original series (I want to say that Brazilian version?) they made Kurapika a girl.

I thought Kurapika was a girl too

When I found out he was dude, I was even happier

Seda

Semi-interesting to note that Jason has implied in a few places that Hunter x Hunter won't necessarily air in full if it totally bombs in ratings. I figure the chance of it getting pulled are extremely slim, though.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Semi-interesting to note that Jason has implied in a few places that Hunter x Hunter won't necessarily air in full if it totally bombs in ratings. I figure the chance of it getting pulled are extremely slim, though.

If it does get pulled it will happen in the first arc, everything after that is too excellent for it to not get ratings.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
No surprise there. Though I've heard it's one of those series where after X arc happen, it really starts to pick up.

I just hope that if it does get lower than expected ratings, it doesn't affect other shows that Viz has.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I am so excited for Hunter x Hunter tomor-... oh.

I hope next week has new bumps. It's been four months since the New Year.

bigkrev

also, bigkrev continues to have excellent taste as a true fan of "the process"

I could legit go on a 5 hour rant about this bullshit but it would bore 90% of posters here
Why should anyone ever care about sports, all they do is hate you

Jarate

Banned
how bout them flyers

who are choking away a playoff birth

Thank god Im a Packers fan with being a Philly fan. Life would truly be hell for the 4x4's

EDIT: Why the hell didnt we go to a cheap ass Sixers game while I was in Philly Krev?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom