• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Apr16| Here today, Gon for three years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Semi-interesting to note that Jason has implied in a few places that Hunter x Hunter won't necessarily air in full if it totally bombs in ratings. I figure the chance of it getting pulled are extremely slim, though.

I don't see HunterxHunter bombing.

*three months later*

OH GOD, HUNTERXHUNTER IS DOOOOOMED!
maxresdefault.jpg
DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMED!

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
One Piece spoilers

So I was watching Akainu Sr's videos
The latest is Moriah mentioning Kaido. Considering that we've now seen Kaido and know his capabilities, everything about Moriah's plan makes way too much sense.

bigkrev

how bout them flyers

I'm not even mad about them- I didn't expect them to make the Playoffs entering this season, as this was a season about clearing the books, which we did pretty well. The team went on a crazy hot streak, going something like 12-2-2 for a stretch, before loosing these 2 recent games.

I'm just pissed that the Royals just Processed'd themselves to 2 straight WS appearances, and the Sixers have been villafied for it, and we are firing (lets be honest, they forced him out when they brought Colangelo in) him because he has been too good at The Process?

I'm so fucking furious right now.

Just came out of Hardcore Henry. Damn, what a creatively good action film. :)
Like it's dumb as fuck and the story is really just there to push the action along but man, does it put its foot on the gas and does not let go. It really felt like a freaking video game lol.
Go see it, I whole heartedly recommend it.

Jarate

Banned
I'm not even mad about them- I didn't expect them to make the Playoffs entering this season, as this was a season about clearing the books, which we did pretty well. The team went on a crazy hot streak, going something like 12-2-2 for a stretch, before loosing these 2 recent games.

I'm just pissed that the Royals just Processed'd themselves to 2 straight WS appearances, and the Sixers have been villafied for it, and we are firing (lets be honest, they forced him out when they brought Colangelo in) him because he has been too good at The Process?

I'm so fucking furious right now.

You should post in NBA Gaf, we need more Hinkie/sixers fans

Semi-interesting to note that Jason has implied in a few places that Hunter x Hunter won't necessarily air in full if it totally bombs in ratings. I figure the chance of it getting pulled are extremely slim, though.

I dunno, I feel like this has pretty much always been the case for anything they've aired; they've just never outright said it, but I imagine that has something to do with complaints about too many long-runners.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Now that Steve Blum isn't recording custom openings each week and that they are holding onto the bumps longer, it seems like post Intruder 2 Toonami is more budget minded. I wonder if they are spending more on acquisitions and less on interstitials now.

Doesn't Blum do all his Toonami work pro-bono?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
SWORD ART ONLINE - EPISODE TWENTY: General of the Blazing Flame

Is this a new sequel to Fire Emblem 7?!?

No wait, it's just more SAO. This episode sucks. Oh no, the 67 Salamanders are ahead of us and are going to kill the 14 ambassadors. Except Kirito gets there first after saying they can't get there first. Then he fights the toughest dude in the game. Then he steals Suguha's sword and dual wields after saying he can't duel wield and wins. Then the two ambassadors hit on him, then Leafa. Kirito gives the ambassadors a giant bag of loot he got from beating the Salamander so they can gear up for the raid.

QFHB2Z5.gif

SamPv5J.gif

qJ1Ylxy.gif

lEOGAPm.gif

PE6mLxT.gif

gSGqysO.gif

who are choking away a playoff birth

Thank god Im a Packers fan with being a Philly fan. Life would truly be hell for the 4x4's

EDIT: Why the hell didnt we go to a cheap ass Sixers game while I was in Philly Krev?

They got two games left. Given Boston and Detroit only have 1 game left, Philly still has a considerable amount of control of its own destiny.

While I have your attention Jarate, why don't you join me, TSUR and Line in NHLGAF? I promise we won't bite.

Jarate

Banned
They got two games left. Given Boston and Detroit only have 1 game left, Philly still has a considerable amount of control of its own destiny.

While I have your attention Jarate, why don't you join me, TSUR and Line in NHLGAF? I promise we won't bite.

Out of the big 4 sports,I know the least about Hockey. I also dont enjoy watching the games on TV that much compared too seeing it live

Now that Steve Blum isn't recording custom openings each week and that they are holding onto the bumps longer, it seems like post Intruder 2 Toonami is more budget minded. I wonder if they are spending more on acquisitions and less on interstitials now.
It probably allows them more time to work on acquiring new shows. Less deadlines to get the intro scripted and edited every week, I would think.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
i used to post a fair amount in NFL/NHL threads, kinda stopped when i became a mod.

Shame since if any community thread could use a bit more moderation it is the NFL one. I fear they are going to get nuked one of these days.

Out of the big 4 sports,I know the least about Hockey. I also don't enjoy watching the games on TV that much compared too seeing it live

We are able and willing to educate you on the ways of the good old hockey game.

i used to post a fair amount in NFL/NHL threads, kinda stopped when i became a mod.

Playoffs are coming soon, would be a perfect opportunity to post there again.
And maybe get a "guardian" there so that we don't have to worry too much about imploding.

Shame since if any community thread could use a bit more moderation it is the NFL one. I fear they are going to get nuked one of these days.

NFL Gaf does have a mod watching over the place so I don't think they have to worry too much about it.

Now if they go full-on football hooligan, then all bets are off.

bigkrev

I don't post in the sports OTa because it feels like an easy way to get banned tbh
Also, outside of NFL, I don't really follow leagues anymore, just my team. I couldn't tell you who won the Cy Young awards last year, I couldn't Name anyone other than Ovechkin on the Caps, ect. And I used to be someone who loved staying up and watching the West Coast NBA games every night.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
btw futurama is the best animated comedy show, so you made a good choice mr warden
I like Futurama, but its shorter run makes it one where I can't watch reruns for long without needing to take a break in comparison to Simpsons.

Still great thought. Jurassic Bark was so sad when I saw it as a kid & it dawned on me what the ending meant.

Edit: It doesn't help Comedy Central's edits of the show suck at times completely cutting out jokes or making scenes shorter.

Seda

Also, outside of NFL, I don't really follow leagues anymore, just my team. I couldn't tell you who won the Cy Young awards last year, I couldn't Name anyone other than Ovechkin on the Caps, ect. And I used to be someone who loved staying up and watching the West Coast NBA games every night.

For regular season, I'm more like this too - only paying attention to Chicago teams. NHL Playoffs though are awesome no matter who's playing, so I make a habit to watch those even if the Hawks aren't competitive.

TUSR

Banned
For regular season, I'm more like this too - only paying attention to Chicago teams. NHL Playoffs though are awesome no matter who's playing, so I make a habit to watch those even if the Hawks aren't competitive.

hawks have not not been competitive in so long

There's no NHL team here so I've never really followed it. MLB was the first sport I followed but once the Mariners started sucking from the mid 2000's on I lost interest and have only loosely followed them since. At this point I follow the NFL and NBA more than MLB even though we don't have a Basketball team anymore.

There's no NHL team here so I've never really followed it. MLB was the first sport I followed but once the Mariners started sucking from the mid 2000's on I lost interest and have only loosely followed them since. At this point I follow the NFL and NBA more than MLB even though we don't have a Basketball team anymore.
What's all this "we don't have a team" bull, bro? If you enjoy the sport just pick a random team. I can assure you that the people wearing the Real Madrid shirts are not from Spain. I did that with Mexican football. My native Matamoros doesn't have a team so I just latched on to the team from Monterrey.

What's all this "we don't have a team" bull, bro? If you enjoy the sport just pick a random team. I can assure you that the people wearing the Real Madrid shirts are not from Spain. I did that with Mexican football. My native Matamoros doesn't have a team so I just latched on to the team from Monterrey.

???????????

There's basically no local coverage of Hockey here so I never bothered to follow it. I went to a couple high school Hockey games when I was around 7 but that's about it. I try watching Hockey every now and then but I don't enjoy it all that much. I don't enjoy Baseball that much either but everyone else in my family does so I still root for the Mariners.

Schwarber getting hurt on the Cubs has me depressed.

???????????

There's basically no local coverage of Hockey here so I never bothered to follow it. I went to a couple high school Hockey games when I was around 7 but that's about it. I try watching Hockey every now and then but I don't enjoy it all that much. I don't enjoy Baseball that much either but everyone else in my family does so I still root for the Mariners.

Well there are... other means of watching the NHL if you can't access it.

???????????

Oh well your post made it seem like you were not seeing certain sports you cared about because you had no team.

Line_HTX

I don't know how much Seda looks at history, but y'all can clearly see that I spend most of my time in both NFL and NHL and more time in Anime and Fighting Game. I'm lucky to even have a channel in NBCSN that shows hockey on most nights. I straight up quit posting in the NBA thread and quit on the sport entirely for a multitude of reasons. I find that I have more enjoyment in learning some hockey stuff since this season was the first time I got back into watching in many years.

There was an unfortunate happening in the previous NFL offseason thread, but like Seda said, Xia mostly interacts with us in there and in baseball. It'd be nice if some mod posted in hockey though.

;P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom