• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Apr16| Here today, Gon for three years

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just watched the first episode of Kiznaiver, studio trigger's latest work.

First episode was really just a setup episode.

Not much happened.

Art and animation are fine. OP is...eh. Characters look and act like a bunch of idiots, but I'm sure they're actually thought out.

It's okay.

Moaradin

I still want Kekkai Sensen on Toonami. Very fun show and amazing dub.

Bungou Stray Dogs is like a light version of that so far.

Soulflarz

Banned
I dunno, should you all be? Why the paranoia...is this the kinda reaction I'll get moving forward posting in random threads? :(
lol no, we're just joking, since weekday toonamiGAF is something amazingly nonsensical, and we're fully aware that if we had bad luck and had gotten a diff mod, they could have very easily said shut the hell up about non toonami stuff on weekdays.
The issue with that is that we would only be able to talk about toonami. And we all know, the topic isn't exactly filled enough on it's own to have conversations all day. Then we'd end up as a community thread that simply waited for new news all day and had looping discussions in the meantime, which I would hate.

tl;dr we're kidding around :p

I was never as generally recognized around the board as you are, and I haven't been on GAF as long, but what I noticed when I became a mod years back is that people seem overall less likely to respond to my comments or questions. That doesn't apply to community threads where people know me, of course.

I might be imagining a part of it, but I feel there was a slight intimidation factor or something :/

That's hardly imagination, a lot of posters are scared to post against red text, under fear of getting banned. I think a lot of it has to do with in the past PMs straight up leaking saying "I don't like this guy, I'll wait to ban him" and stuff, which scared the hell out of people. I can't even - or rather, am not going to - confirm those, but I still see them get brought up by members every few months offsite, so I know that even if not real, the point stands for people being worried about it.
I personally will interact with mods since I knew a lot of you before you became mods and many of you are really nice people, but I can understand why someone who has no idea what your personality is or how you'll react to them showing their other viewpoint wouldn't want to risk their account, as they might put it.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
A lot of the mods were...touchy back when I started posting on this board. The current group is overall more professional and approachable.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Only thing I have to do today is watch another bad episode of SAO today. Nothing else on the docket.

That last episode ruined a streak of pretty good episodes. I also completely forgot to mention that ASUNA BROKE OUT OF JAIL at the end of it. No shrinking violet is this one.

TUSR

Banned
A lot of the mods were...touchy back when I started posting on this board. The current group is overall more professional and approachable.
sometimes i like to pretend im friends with cyan

Ah, I see, that sucks. I'll be trying to finish one last essay before Toonami starts tonight so I can (Sort-of) understand where you're coming from.
engineering is the best neat

this semester i designed and built a turbine, and electric motor

designed a heat exchanger and did a "simple" analysis on a turbo jet engine

Seda

lol no, we're just joking, since weekday toonamiGAF is something amazingly nonsensical, and we're fully aware that if we had bad luck and had gotten a diff mod, they could have very easily said shut the hell up about non toonami stuff on weekdays.

(honestly i don't think this thread gets that off course all too often. we play it up a bit)

Line_HTX

Luluco is amazing.

Imaishi in short bursts is the best.

For once, I am in on this. This actually works because it's 8 minutes and not the normal length episode.

3ksLWVu.gif

SPACE LOVE, MAKE A MOVE, LET'S DO MY ATOMIC GROOVE~

SPACE LOVE, TAKE A CHANCE, COME WITH ME TO WONDERLAND~

Line_HTX

Well, at least we will have more of Space Dandy voiced Prince Salva.

Side note: I am kind of sort of praying that Ian Sinclair voices the main villain in Cross Ange just because, hahaha

Soulflarz

Banned
(honestly i don't think this thread gets that off course all too often. we play it up a bit)

True. It's moreso we talk about stuff that is related, but isn't directly Toonami. Like generalized anime talk!

Don't get me STARTED on opiate.

tbf he isn't a mod
re tusr/regiruler:
Also-- the general rule of calling out people who aren't here to defend themselves on a forum being a bad idea when they have the power to ban you.
It's happened in this thread before, as some people may remember.

Then again, I wouldn't do it even if their name was in red, but that's just me.

Regiruler

True. It's moreso we talk about stuff that is related, but isn't directly Toonami. Like generalized anime talk!

tbf he isn't a mod
re tusr/regiruler:
Also-- the general rule of calling out people who aren't here to defend themselves on a forum being a bad idea when they have the power to ban you.
It's happened in this thread before, as some people may remember.

Then again, I wouldn't do it even if their name was in red, but that's just me.
I actually thought opiate got banned.

Soulflarz

Banned
I actually thought opiate got banned.

Nope

It's one of two notable benefits of being a mod-
Generally, they've gotten a single "forgiven" post that'd normally be a perma at the cost of their mod status, at least in two cases I can think of.

Now, the more important bonus mods get is no post cooldown.

Jarate

Banned
Im calling out Seda to a Steel Cage Match in Madison Square Garden where my two pythons of arms will make sure that I will come up on top. I will put you into an armbar so fierce that the only way to get out of it, will for him to admit his weakness in front of a crowd of 50,000 people. HELL IN THE CELL CAGE MATCH FOR THE HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE OF TOONAMIGAF

OH YEAH

Seda

Im calling out Seda to a Steel Cage Match in Madison Square Garden where my two pythons of arms will make sure that I will come up on top. I will put you into an armbar so fierce that the only way to get out of it, will for him to admit his weakness in front of a crowd of 50,000 people. HELL IN THE CELL CAGE MATCH FOR THE HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE OF TOONAMIGAF

OH YEAH

go back to sleep

Mizerman

OH YEAH

You'll be booed by the crowd, despite being the face.

Jarate

Banned
go back to sleep

This is the FEAR that I put into my opponents. This pokemod will have nowhere to hide once I put him into my armbar, which by the way, has a force of 600 pounds. The belt is as good as mine and all 50,000 fans will be screaming for more, but the fight will be over in minutes, due to my pythons of arms being too strong and too powerful

Jarate

Banned
I hate camping because I have the worst feet on the face of the earth and don't like to walk. I'd still do it with bros though just to get wasted in a random spot, but like, I aint ever going to do it

Id also probably bring my 3ds and just play video games most of the time

Jarate

Banned
Who's the Heel of Toonamigaf
and why is it me

Ive honestly wanted to get into wrasslin recently, but it seems to be in a terrible state which makes me not want to get into it. This is coming from someone who never watched wrasslin growing up

Mizerman

Who's the Heel of Toonamigaf
and why is it me

Ive honestly wanted to get into wrasslin recently, but it seems to be in a terrible state which makes me not want to get into it. This is coming from someone who never watched wrasslin growing up

It's more of the fact that the booking in WWE nowadays is lacking andTNA is in struggle tier. There is stuff like Lucha Underground and NJPW for alternate tastes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom