• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Aug/Sep16| NUDE GIRLS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Next week on Toonami:

11:30 - Dragonball Z Kai - 84 - Training Complete! Goku Sizes Up the Competition!
12:00 - One-Punch Man - 7 - The Ultimate Disciple
12:30 - Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans - 12 - The Shoals
1:00 - HUNTER×HUNTER - 18 - Big × Time × Interview
1:30 - Naruto Shippuden - 125 - Disappearance
2:00 - One Piece - 359 - A Clear-Clear History? Sanji's Stolen Dream
2:30 - Parasyte -the maxim- - 18 - More than Human

Later.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
omg, I've got it.

Absalom stole Sanji's dream of having a wedding, so Sanji's getting revenge by wrecking lion dude's.

Funny thing about the Happiness Punch: it worked on Luffy. I noticed it when I watched the series recently. Which doesn't really make sense since Luffy has all but ignored women.

Oda just handwaved it by saying that it was because Usopp was there and being a "bad influence" on him.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
ResizeCrappy01_zpswobxj4ym.png

CRAPPY ZOOM IN OF A STUPID JPG! ARGH. Anywho...
This was the original way Miiverse decided to upload it:
LATER!

Seda

I don't really remember the Happiness Punch, but I don't think it's that out of the question for a character to be simultaneously 1) not be a flirt or looking for romance 2) attracted to women

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Pretty sure that
the show ended without him EVER telling her, ridiculously enough
I recall this is correct. Seriously, a lack of communication (he could even lie about how she died) was the cause of so much of the crap happening between Shinichi & Murano.

Fell asleep last night even before DBZ started :(

Luckiky in a half sleep daze i made sure to set all the shows to record so I'll try to catch as much as i can before Summerslam starts.

Raxus

Fell asleep last night even before DBZ started :(

Luckiky in a half sleep daze i made sure to set all the shows to record so I'll try to catch as much as i can before Summerslam starts.

With you there. I just had a party and I couldn't stay up for the life of me. Damn shame too since we had a good lineup of shows last night.

Moaradin

I really liked Cell's promo. He has such a sassy personality lol. Perfect Cell is probably my favorite DBZ antagonist until Beerus.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I hear people constantly saying that DBZ is sort of like wrestling of the '90s.

........this episode sure supported those comparisons.

Seda

Even if nothing really happened, it was still a really good episode of DBZ last night. It goes for a lot more playful tone.

One reason why I like this arc. Even just seeing the cast in normal clothes for a bit hanging out at Capsule Corp is a little nice.

I feel like Toonami-gaf will like Super, if we ever get it.

Super has its rough parts, but it has the levity of Dragon Ball, and generally avoids the pitfalls associated with Z.

Gohan fans will be sad forever tho.

I feel like Toonami-gaf will like Super, if we ever get it.

Super has its rough parts, but it has the levity of Dragon Ball, and generally avoids the pitfalls associated with Z.

Gohan fans will be sad forever tho.

I think Gohan fans have accepted that he will forever stay jobbing.

BBboy20

One last one, hopefully I'll be back before DBZ Kai.

gq6lSo5.gif

Also Seda is winning the avatar contest so far! Hopefully some more entries will come before 11:00pm!
I just now figured out what that gif is from and what it means.

How are you guys enjoying Hunter x Hunter?
Enjoying it plenty.

...what is this?

I eat a lot of garbage fast food.

but that makes me sick just looking at it.

geez
I'm still tempted...

This is more positive and uplifting than the RNC.
OOohhhhhh >o<

Cell:Goku! We Comin fo you, Nigga!
fzju0Pv.gif

Would probably still result in less dead people and destroyed buildings than Trump.
Trudat

This got really meta.
Tell that to New York citizens.

so that's Tornado. I wouldn't mind seeing the eye of her...tornado
imagefg7.jpg

Well he promised.

Also golden ball is a japanese play on word of the word Kintama which is slang for testicles

Pfft, Usopp needs no fancy LAM for his slingshot.
fzju0Pv.gif

lol this seaweed monster is voiced by Mokuba from Yu-Gi-Oh
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJfWLpyyEpk

yo Joker still on that titan juice
fzju0Pv.gif

Indeed. It doesn't help that the New York voice acting scene is basically dead, with Pokemon and Yu Gi Oh being the only signs of life.
WHy is that?

did they really just introduce his lost brother and have him show up in the next episode

this is stupid as shit
eh, I'll take it

Oh look, its Hoggish Greedily. I wonder if he's a bad guy?
Good to see Ganon getting work.
Hey Bebop.
Was that a Captain Planet villain?
OMG IT'S SPACE PIRATE GANON!!!

Are we gonna be fighting a group of animal-based humans?
Shouldn't that dude be fighting mutated turtles in New York?
1126_zpsf9229eba.gif

oh

OOOOH

OOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

THAT'S the next episode of OPM?!?!?!
Oh man, next week's OPM.
Awww yeah.

All you want....is to kill child soldiers.
YEAH KILL THOSE KIDS

wtf
ALL I WANT IN LIFE IS TO KILL CHILDREN
IKR
Basically. Asshole for being an asshole.

Then again we have 'kill the kids' over here who isn't much better?
iKR

I dunno, I think black people would still be shat on even in the far future. No need to make up minorities from other planets.
:(

Gon is wearing his yellow raincoat right now
fzju0Pv.gif

The sniper was also female.
Male. Pinhead said "He".

Seaweed monster is named Konbu Infinity.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It actually took me awhile to remember to do the "incest" gif, which is why I went to around the ad break to see what was giffable and found the cat.

Why is that?

Hot damn, that's a lot of replies.

To answer your question however, it's a combination of New York being the most expensive place to hire voice actors due to New York have a much higher standard of living, no notable Anime companies outside of Media Blasters (LOL) being in the area and 4kids bellying up, leaving NY VA's for the most part, without steady work. It's why VA's like Veronica Taylor and Sean Schemmel up and left for LA.

Edit: Should mention that 4K media (The dubbers for Yu Gi Oh Zexal onwards) and The Pokemon Company are based in New York. Hence why those dubs remained in New York.

Raxus

Yes, she's being a mother making sure her son isn't injured but leave it to participants of this thread to make these types of jokes at every opportunity.

Don't belittle my master fanfic powers!

Apart from the very real very creepy flirting at the beginning it is a motherly caring that Toriyama writes for the characters at this point and he just dusts the first creepy interaction under the rug. lol Toriyama forgot blah blah blah.

Edit:Although that is still awkwardly directed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom