• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Aug/Sep16| NUDE GIRLS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

I forgot to say one thing. Can I just say that episode 12 was so bad and so stupid that even though I missed last week's Gundam I don't want to see what happened in 11?

The show is diverting away from the things I was liking about it. Mika/Orga relationship was interesting and I wanted to see more of it play out [not in any perverted way you shallow numbskulls], I was liking the growing relationship between Mika and Kudelia, and some of the interaction between Orga, Teiwas's leader, and even Biscuit was keeping my attention as well. I was also curious to see more motivation behind McGillis, Gjallerhorn, Ein, etc.

But instead this Debris stuff with pirates and Akihiro and brobro, along with Atra being more annoying than ever is just killing my interest.

Edit: in short I feel like the show did a pretty good job establishing the main protagonists, a good job setting a general premise, a less good but decent job establishing some villains, established some nice themes im interested in, set up the stage for plot progression and conflict.... and then the stage fell out from under them and now we just have characters falling into each other with little thought, rhyme, or reason.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
WVW69jkb6uUrNrdFMp

WVW69jkdnRU12fMQkQ

WVW69jkd3YYEOBsXeN

WVW69jkeEg0DI8_YmB

WVW69jkeMXoQ4BtmjY

LATER!

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Should have just grinded for a secret team ending instead of watching our lowest points, lol. I quite like the quality of the few CG cinematics too, don't have all of them either...

Korigama

Hm, the other thing that bothered me about that episode of IBO was how, unlike with the other ones, it didn't have the ED fade in ahead of the credits (yes, I'm aware that the silence before getting to the credits this time was for dramatic effect, but that subplot remains clumsily handled).

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
True. Though it's mainly because Kyo and Iori actually been around long enough for people to care.

XS5LK.gif

Another great sketch SAB CA. I should play some KOF 14 tomorrow...

Thanks! :) And yes, you should, it'll make your life better! (^_^)

Hm, the other thing that bothered me about that episode of IBO was how, unlike with the other ones, it didn't have the ED fade in ahead of the credits (yes, I'm aware that the silence before getting to the credits this time was for dramatic effect, but that subplot remains clumsily handled).

The secret way for the production committee to admit that this chain of events was sub-par even by their standards. Doesn't even deserve the usual well-paced musical build-up!

Raxus

God damn it I keep falling asleep and waking up at inopportune times. I felt like the Bojack blackout episode last night.

Grexeno

The show is diverting away from the things I was liking about it. Mika/Orga relationship was interesting and I wanted to see more of it play out [not in any perverted way you shallow numbskulls], I was liking the growing relationship between Mika and Kudelia, and some of the interaction between Orga, Teiwas's leader, and even Biscuit was keeping my attention as well. I was also curious to see more motivation behind McGillis, Gjallerhorn, Ein, etc.

But instead this Debris stuff with pirates and Akihiro and brobro, along with Atra being more annoying than ever is just killing my interest.

Edit: in short I feel like the show did a pretty good job establishing the main protagonists, a good job setting a general premise, a less good but decent job establishing some villains, established some nice themes im interested in, set up the stage for plot progression and conflict.... and then the stage fell out from under them and now we just have characters falling into each other with little thought, rhyme, or reason.
It's at moments like these that you remember Gundam shows are 50 episodes.

So, due it being incredibly cheap and me being pretty bored, I find myself playing the 2014 reboot of Thief.

Guys there's rebooting a franchise and missing the point of the original, and then there's this thing...

Moaradin

Yeah that is a pretty dumb poll. Sample size is too small and I imagine trolls took it over because wtf at the first pick. Makes no sense.

I like how the heroine they had listed for Strawberry 100% (Ichigo 100%), or rather that only one was listed, is actually a pretty big spoiler.

And yeah, completely baffled by #1.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah that is a pretty dumb poll. Sample size is too small and I imagine trolls took it over because wtf at the first pick. Makes no sense.
Kind of made me wonder what you guys thought considering we're also a bunch of anime fans in their 20s & 30s who tend to do a good job explaining their views, even if the poll has some "wtf" placements.

What I'd like to know is how the votes were split (i.e. how many guys votes for one character while how many females voted the same).

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Kind of made me wonder what you guys thought considering we're also a bunch of anime fans in their 20s & 30s who tend to do a good job explaining their views, even if the poll has some "wtf" placements.

What I'd like to know is how the votes were split (i.e. how many guys votes for one character while how many females voted the same).

Hell, we should do a vote like that. Out of everyone who has been on Toonami who is your favorite heroine?

You can't pick Revvy though since she's already the #1.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'd vote for Re.....DAMN IT.....

Hmmmm, maybe Maka from Soul Eater? Would Hatchin count, because she pulled off the difficult job of making a child character not only likable, but tend to be more reliable than the actual adult? The Major would also be up there in the top 3.

Bottom 3 is all the girls from SAO....thought maybe not Yuuki since she was tolerable for the most part.

Crocodile

WTF at the thread title? This page seems to be saying it comes from One Piece? I guess I should try to figure out the context.

Cable was still down so I missed last night but hopefully it was a good night of programming. As for Gundam, yeah this arc and I think the one that comes right after it are the low points of this season. It gets better though.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
WTF at the thread title? This page seems to be saying it comes from One Piece? I guess I should try to figure out the context.

Cable was still down so I missed last night but hopefully it was a good night of programming. As for Gundam, yeah this arc and I think the one that comes right after it are the low points of this season. It gets better though.

One guess as to which character it came from :lol

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
We changed the thread title because Queen's Blade was confirmed for Toonami, it'll be Jojo's replacement.

obviously joking

Seda

*two characters (any gender), open up emotionally to each other, perhaps confide something, show mutual trust*
"omg thirsty / wants the d / yuri/yaoi bait !"

- most anime fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom