• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Aug/Sep16| NUDE GIRLS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crocodile

To this day I am still pissed people look at beautiful animated sequences and cry terrible animation. It spits in the face of the hard work of the studio but hey look at this silly frame from the episode.

There are some brutal hits in the Mob Psycho episode as well as particular Naruto episode that translate nicely thanks to the animation. I'd hate for people to pass either up because something doesn't look generically 'good looking'. It's especially a damn shame since One is one of my favorite Manga authors and Mob Psycho really shows it off way more than a gag manga like OPM.

Anime fans are indeed the worst :/

Leave it to Nintendo to somehow fail to meet my already low expectations in the direct. Outside of the Mario Sports game and maybe that tank game, I got nothing from this direct.

And I guess Festival of Bonds is staying Japan only. Gives me one less reason to go back and play Fates I suppose.

What were you (or others) expecting of out the Direct?

As an aside, go to the avatar topic and get the below turned into one:

niles_female_by_koyorin-d9z2rpn.jpg

Source

What were you (or others) expecting of out the Direct?

As an aside, go to the avatar topic and get the below turned into one:

Source

Confirmation about Festival of Bonds coming over here? I thought that was reasonable enough to expect from this Direct but I guess not.

And I want to go with a avatar from a different franchise so as much as I like FemNiles, I'm going to pass.

Seda

So I'm going to pull a Man God and ask you guys to find me a new avatar until I can find a more permanent one.

The rules are the same as Man God's with one added rule shown below.

1. Must be properly formatted.
2. Must not get me banned. No nudity. Nothing racist/sexist/against TOS of this site in general.
3. If possible, make it transparent.
4. The best submission that is posted here between now and the beginning of Family Guy on Saturday Night right before Toonami will be chosen and used until I get off my ass and find a proper one.

D1QOZZY.png

Seda

Guys, Thief (2014) is so bad it's making Mankind Divided retroactively feel like a masterpiece.

I'm almost glad for Eidos Montreal that Mankind Divided was mostly well received. Human Revolution was a great debut title for the dev, and then Thief - from many accounts - was a a hugely disappointing sophomore release.

Wonder what they'll do next.

Damn you all!

I don't have time to replay it and get all that I can out of it after hours upon hours...

You can replay Chrono Trigger in like 15 hours even if you don't remember what you're doing, no excuse

I'm almost glad for Eidos Montreal that Mankind Divided was mostly well received. Human Revolution was a great debut title for the dev, and then Thief - from many accounts - was a a hugely disappointing sophomore release.

Thief We'll Promise To Get It Right This Time

*mankind divided minor spoilers*

apparently Mankind Divided ends on something of a cliff hanger teasing a 3rd game

Grexeno

Episode #22 of the ToonamiGAF Podcast is now available!

http://www.ckohler.net/toonamigafpodcast/Episode022.mp4

In this episode, we talk about the infinite nothingness of No Man's Sky, the symbol of gentrification that is Trader Joe's, the 2012 Ben Affleck masterpiece Argo, Boutros Boutros-Ghali, the position of the planets in IBO, Leorio's very intimidating knife, giant snake family vacations, and ONE PIECE HINTING!

MP3 version: http://www.ckohler.net/toonamigafpodcast/Episode022.mp3

Timestamps:
Video Game Talk: 1:15
DBZ Kai: 9:52
One Punch Man: 22:25
Gundam: 32:41
HunterxHunter: 42:28
Shippuden: 54:21
One Piece: 1:03:33

Poor DTL. I think the guy is mostly harmless.

I don't have a problem with DTL, but it was only a matter of time give his....unique perspective.

One's art will never be appealing no matter how much a studio animates it. I can appreciate the technical level of skill on display but I honestly don't care it's not why I watch. If Murata had redone Mob Psycho and they animated that version I probably still would not watch it since it's still written by One and I'm not impressed by his writing in OPM.

Luckily, MP100 is >>>> OPM, so give it a chance one day.
Or wait for the inevitable Toonami announcement.

Did anyone talking about motherfuckin' snakes in the motherfuckin' cave?

I was this close to making that joke on the podcast, but I didn't want to make everyone groan.

Thief 2014 is doo-doo. I don't even like Dishonored that much but Dishonored is a way, WAY better game. Thief 2014 would be leagues better if its hubworld wasn't such a shitpile. Luckily for MD, Prague is good.

BBboy20

I got nothing from this direct.
But Treehouse hosting!

Wonder what they'll do next.
If Mankind Divided being chopped up to a trilogy is true, another Deus Ex.

Was not aware Edios Montreal was created for the sole purpose to make dormant Edios published titles so even if it's not Deus Ex, it'll probably be a series that hasn't had a sequel in a long time then a new IP.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
NARUTO - EPISODE FIFTY-SEVEN: He Flies! He Jumps! He Lurks! Chief Toad Appears!

Naruto summoned something big at the end of the last episode...but what was it? The Chief Toad! No tail=not a tadpole! The Chief Toad Gamabunta is not happy to have Naruto capering on top of him...no he is not. He knows Jiraiya is involved somehow! J-man makes his escape while Naruto covers for him. He thinks Jiraiya summoned him when it was Naruto instead.

The chief finds this idea ridiculous.

But he does Naruto a solid by jumping out of the ravine with Naruto on his back.

With expected results.

God damn is this toad huge as it levels an entire patch of forest. Naruto fell right off and the chief isn't going to accept anyone who falls off his back as a henchman, let alone master. Since he's in the real world without J-man around he's going for a walk. Naruto challenges him to an honor duel, he's gonna stay on Gamabunta's back all day...and its going to be a long one.

Jiraiya has better things to do.

Back in Konoha Kanuro is watching Shikamaru and Chouji go for Korean BBQ like they do every day after training. Temari asks why he isn't watching Gaara, but Kankuro says that even he knows enough to not go on a murder spree in broad daylight. They talk about Shikamaru not being much of an opponent and Kankuro asks her if she regrets not entering last year's examinations considering she definitely would have passed. This brings us to the meat of the episode, the reason why the Sand ninja are here.

Long story short; the alliance between Sand and Leaf has lead to lasting peace in the region, but gave the Feudal Lord of the Land of Wind the excuse he needed to downsize the military and outsource a lot of his jobs to the Leaf, which has angered the Kazekage. The Sand decided to go along with this at first by training fewer, higher quality Ninja and enhancing them, using the Kazekage's most recently born son as a test bed.

Baki meets with the Kazekage and they discuss whether or not to send more troops to the border as backup. Kazekage thinks Gaara can get it done all on his own and dismisses Baki.

Who leaves in a bad ass way.

Naruto is putting up a good fight. Like this.

and this!

wL1hJVM.gif

But the day is almost done and Naruto is almost out of chakra. He's got enough for some Shadow Clones though, who save his life as he's about to pass out. He almost made it. Gamabunta respects this show of courage and he knew all along that Naruto summoned him. The last one to show this much cheek was the fourth hokage! He drops him off at the Konoha hospital, leaving behind a giant toad print.

zulux21

To this day I am still pissed people look at beautiful animated sequences and cry terrible animation. It spits in the face of the hard work of the studio but hey look at this silly frame from the episode.

There are some brutal hits in the Mob Psycho episode as well as particular Naruto episode that translate nicely thanks to the animation. I'd hate for people to pass either up because something doesn't look generically 'good looking'. It's especially a damn shame since One is one of my favorite Manga authors and Mob Psycho really shows it off way more than a gag manga like OPM.

to be fair beautiful is different for different people.
A lot of people like the art to princess kaguya

personally I hate it and despite being a ghibli fan have not watched the movie nor do I have much motivation to.

that being said nice looking animation can be really nice. All art is not equal :p

I mean for the most part I like how mob psycho looks, just wish the characters had a bit more difference between the body types/faces, but it's not a huge deal as the hair and clothes tends to distinguish them enough.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's hours later and I still can't get over how good the episode of Naruto I watched on Thursday looked. It wasn't even one of the famous battle episodes, just nice smooth shit throughout, though I didn't gif most of it.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Yep, September 2001. My senior year of highschool. Every Thursday/Sunday night. Home Movies/Cowboy Bebop/other shows no one cared about.

Line_HTX

This Saturday... put the kids to bed, and git ready to get down.

*Koenma spank

*Spike's GET DOWN

*Come on out, Hiei! I'm gonna kick your beep!

Damn, that was 7th grade, wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom