• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Aug/Sep16| NUDE GIRLS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
qLkX8JN.gif

Line_HTX

I don't mind the sudden brother Subplot. I just mind the fact that Mika was shredding all the others who were probably his kinda-friends for the last few years, with no thought at all.

So the group of space rats that are so close they see each other as family... wants to get the family member of their member back... while killing everyone that younger brother has been with for the past few years. OK!

It just seems like the story and the reality were completely divorced.

I forgot to take note of this. I dunno what happened that the writing and execution suddenly took a nosedive as if a jet fighter stalled. The combination of killing those that could be new members and those same people conveniently losing their minds just because they're afraid to join up is inexplicable. Like which angle are we going to go here? I have no idea what Okada was thinking on this section.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
This time you can't blame Mika, he didn't know any of that. Not that he would have cared or been able to put two and two together emotionally.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Honesty, there was just no build-up.

"guys, did you know I have a brother? omg look, it's my brother, aw crap, now my brother's dead."

I swear, all that happened within the span of 2 episodes.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Honesty, there was just no build-up.

"guys, did you know I have a brother? omg look, it's my brother, aw crap, now my brother's dead."

I swear, all that happened within the span of 2 episodes.

You're not wrong, but its 3 episodes.

Before they run into pirates: I'm human debris, my brother got sold/taken by pirates.
Run into pirates, get their nose bloody: One of those duders was my brother.
This week: Hi brother, you're coming with me. Brother: Nope!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Man, I'm so ready for the new Ace Attorney.
Same here, can't believe it's been 3 years since the last game. Part of me wants to go back & revisit some of the games (though the anime kind of satisfies reminding me what the cases were like), but then I remember stuff like the final case in AA Investigations just DRAAGGGIIINNNGGGG.

Also kind of tempted to try the PS4 AoT game after hearing some stuff about it, though considering my budget, I'll most likely wait for a sale before playing it.

Soulflarz

Banned
Soulflarz
Banned-chan

:]

NO

I've never seen Soulflarz outside of this thread. I don't know who he could piss off besides the regulars here.

And yes Soul, we are very disappointed in you.

Shame.

Ehh, I piss people off for being very nonchalant or passive regarding how games work to the point where it's taken as irritating because it's such a different view.. Take Souls, which I take at face value mechanically and don't find hard as a result, since I understand how it works mechanically. It's not a very challenging series if enemy input a requires response a and you simply memorize these three, or learn how to play safe at the least. Eventually you might as well just say 'git gud' since it's all they read your post as anyways. Overwatch comes to mind where I matter-of-factly tell people in thread how the game works at high level but some people loved their character so they told me to fuck off and for 'having a bias against them', even though I was solely using statistics. Fun times.
Jarate knows what I'm talking about.

Mizerman

Ehh, I piss people off for being very nonchalant or passive regarding how games work to the point where it's taken as irritating because it's such a different view.. Take Souls, which I take at face value and don't find hard as a result, since I understand how it works mechanically. Or Overwatch, where I matter-of-factly tell people in thread how the game works at high level but some people loved their character so they told me to fuck off and for 'having a bias against them', even though I was solely using statistics.
Jarate knows what I mean :V

I knew you were the reincarnation of Ragna.

Jarate

Banned
Soulflarz just keeps it real man. Some people just don't like that I guess

My ultimate tag would be Shitpost General, if I can get that, I'll be a happy jarate

Soulflarz

Banned
Don't make me go and attempt to get Hakumen.

;_; O-okay, I'll be good

Soulflarz just keeps it real man. Some people just don't like that I guess

I don't really understand lying to people for their justification. I knew Reaper was low tier city for a long time vs McCree but I wasn't going to ask top 500s "reaper is top tier right?" "no why aren't you using Mc-" "YOU'RE BEING INCONSIDERATE AND INSULTING ME" because what even. Same for Souls, I'm not going to say a boss is impossible, because why would I even offer an opinion then? I'm not going to tell you to give up, I'm going to try and help you improve.

DRAGON BALL Z KAI ADULT SWIM 11:30 PM 1,269 0.6
ONE-PUNCH MAN ADULT SWIM 12:00 AM 1,149 0.6
MOBILE SUIT GUNDAM:I.B.O. ADULT SWIM 12:30 AM 898 0.5
HUNTER X HUNTER ADULT SWIM 1:00 AM 901 0.5
NARUTO: SHIPPUDEN ADULT SWIM 1:30 AM 833 0.4
ONE PIECE ADULT SWIM 2:00 AM 778 0.4

rip gundam

It's worth remembering when looking at ratings that the "Overall Ratings" is a useless statistic on the Network end. It's the demographic rating that they care about, which Gundam is maintaining fine.

I worry if I ever sit down to watch wrestling, I might become the type of person to talk about wrestling to people who don't care about wrestling.

I worry I might become Dan Ryckert.

bigkrev

I worry if I ever sit down to watch wrestling, I might become the type of person to talk about wrestling to people who don't care about wrestling.

I worry I might become Dan Ryckert.

I'm a gigantic wrestling fan, and think that "talking" about wrestling is the dumbest thing on the planet. I feel most wrestling fans are the dumbest fucking people on the planet with sub 16 year old Otaku taste in quality.

The fact that most of Reddit/Wrestlegaf/Twitter think Dolph Ziggler is actually good is proof of this

Crocodile

Ok so I caught up with Mob Psycho 100. I'm worried the show might be a slow starter for the Toonami audience but the show is legit and has sweet action too.

zulux21

Ok so I caught up with Mob Psycho 100. I'm worried the show might be a slow starter for the Toonami audience but the show is legit and has sweet action too.

I doubt we will see it on toonami as the "horrid" art would likely be a huge turn off for most toonami watchers.

i mean we all know how a certain 'Pain'ful naruto scene was received.

Raxus

To this day I am still pissed people look at beautiful animated sequences and cry terrible animation. It spits in the face of the hard work of the studio but hey look at this silly frame from the episode.

There are some brutal hits in the Mob Psycho episode as well as particular Naruto episode that translate nicely thanks to the animation. I'd hate for people to pass either up because something doesn't look generically 'good looking'. It's especially a damn shame since One is one of my favorite Manga authors and Mob Psycho really shows it off way more than a gag manga like OPM.

One's art will never be appealing no matter how much a studio animates it. I can appreciate the technical level of skill on display but I honestly don't care it's not why I watch. If Murata had redone Mob Psycho and they animated that version I probably still would not watch it since it's still written by One and I'm not impressed by his writing in OPM.

Can someone differentiate One and Murata to a plebian? I get then mixed up.

One is the original author and drawer of One Punch Man and Mob Psycho 100 which are both webcomics

Murata is a long time shonen jump mangaka who's worked on series like eyeshield 21. The version of OPM most people know is basically a redraw with some slight plot changes and a few new story lines added. Below are some side by sides.

Some images also show how the anime did it, you'll notice the anime emulated Murata's version and One's version looks like a 6 year old drew it.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Can someone differentiate One and Murata to a plebian? I get then mixed up.

One is the pen name of the writer of One Punch Man & Mob Psycho 100. His real name is unknown. He does the art for MP100 and the original webcomic version of OPM.

Yusuke Murata is an artist, he does the art for the remake version of OPM. He also did the art for American Football manga Eyeshield 21. He's renowned outside of Japan, having been commissioned by Marvel to draw a few Spider-Man covers.

Leave it to Nintendo to somehow fail to meet my already low expectations in the direct. Outside of the Mario Sports game and maybe that tank game, I got nothing from this direct.

And I guess Festival of Bonds is staying Japan only. Gives me one less reason to go back and play Fates I suppose.

I expected pretty much zero from this Nintendo Direct with the NX on the horizon and would actually be even more concerned about the NX lineup if the 3DS still had a ton of support going for it so

Regiruler

Expecting anything from nintendo usually leads to confusion and disappointment.

I wanted a feature update for Federation Force but whatever.

Seda

Nothing new for me, but still looking forward to SMT/Dragon Quests and I havent opened Fire Emblem: Fates and have yet to buy Bravely Second.

Can publishers could stop releasing games for a year and let me catch up?

Pikmin 3ds looked cool and for people without a wiiu the mario maker and yoshi ports are solid. Overall it was mostly a bit more info for games I already knew I wanted (dragon quest 7, yokai watch 2, etc)

bigkrev

I'm still furious they made a Picross 3D 2, and even more pissed that people care about it more than 2D Picross. Stop wasting time with a garbage fire of a game and get back to making quality shit again, Ninendo.

Pokemon Picross was a horrific misstep (none of it even having to do with the F2P mechanics!), so I'm worried about the future of my favorite Nintendo franchise:(

So I'm going to pull a Man God and ask you guys to find me a new avatar until I can find a more permanent one.

The rules are the same as Man God's with one added rule shown below.

1. Must be properly formatted.
2. Must not get me banned. No nudity. Nothing racist/sexist/against TOS of this site in general.
3. If possible, make it transparent.
4. The best submission that is posted here between now and the beginning of Family Guy on Saturday Night right before Toonami will be chosen and used until I get off my ass and find a proper one.

Jarate

Banned
So I'm going to pull a Man God and ask you guys to find me a new avatar until I can find a more permanent one.

2. Must not get me banned. No nudity. Nothing racist/sexist/against TOS of this site in general.
4. The best submission that is posted here between now and the beginning of Family Guy on Saturday Night right before Toonami will be chosen and used until I get off my ass and find a proper one.

WmHr8U1.png

or

ZEXahGE.png

or

JA9uSPw.jpg

Soulflarz

Banned

Imndgv3F.png

just resize it :V

edit: Reserving the right to steal it for my GAF avatar since I use it everywhere else. It's still my favorite Makoto image and I like it more than my GAF one :x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom