• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Aug/Sep16| NUDE GIRLS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm at college again! Today is my first classes!

How do I make friends with 18/19 year olds

Get your family to beat you up before class. When people ask what happened, tell em you did the other guy worse.

or is that how to make friends in prison?.....

Man God

Non-Canon Member
NARUTO - EPISODE FIFTY-EIGHT: Hospital Besieged, The Evil Hand Revealed!

Baki is coming to bring the wrath of God on his Genin, they let Gaara run wild and he's gone. We got ourselves a genuine murder mystery here. Naruto has a guest at his hospital bed. It's...Shikamaru? He doesn't think Naruto is going to come to anytime soon. Speaking about Hospital visits our girl Sakura is at the Yamanaka flower store looking for more white flowers for someone.

Too Bad Sakura,

The Sauce still hasn't come back. This one isn't for Sasuke though, its for Lee. Ino also feels bad about that and tells her to give him some good wishes. Someone is making some rather loud footsteps in the hallway of the seemingly empty hospital. Shikamaru notices that the sand in the hourglass he is using has...stopped. Oh my. I think we know where this is heading. Just as he complains about this good guy Naruto starts stirring. He's been out cold for three days according to Shikamaru.

THREE DAYS STRAIGHT?!?

He's missed some valuable training time. The Chunin final exams are tomorrow! Naruto starts yelling like a maniac and Shikamaru liked him better when he was comatose. Naruto is hungry and his erstwhile companion has a cure, a fruit basket he was going to give Chouji, but he has a bad case of indigestion. Naruto hatches a plan; let's go eat this delicious fruit in front of Chouji. Shikamaru agrees with this sick and dastardly scheme.

7PHCrS6.gif

Sakura is signing in at the front desk of the creepy abandoned hospital. Eh, nothing going on here...Oh shit the shadow is back. Gekko Moria? Lee is asleep with the window open, so Sakura leaves...and then someone opens the door to Lee's room while Serial Killer music plays....It's...it's...Sakura filling up a vase with water to put the flower in. Meanwhile someone quietly knocks on Chouji's door while the same music plays. It's...it's...a hand holding a fruit basket! Lee has another visitor...

Oh it's just Gaara. The one who put him here. He's come to finish the job presumably. Gaara just wants to know why Guy stepped in to save his pupil after he failed.

Remember the good old days...

Gaara has intimacy issues to say the least. He's got a good Sand Coffin brewing on Lee's hospital bed. But suddenly a familiar sound effect plays and Gaara can't move. Naruto and Shikamaru come to save the day!

Ino has also come to give Chouji a fruit basket. A pretty girl with food, he is set for life. Naruto wants answers. Gaara was going to kill him. Holy shit. Not spooked by the Shadow Possession jutsu either. He's got nothing against Lee, he just wants to kill him. Sick son of a bitch! He's going to kill them next! Two on one, Naruto and Shikamaru were holding back...Bluff doesn't work. Some good wrestling promo work here from all sides. Vince, sign the deal. This guy may act like a demon but Naruto has got The Real Deal™ inside of him. Sakura shows up to see Naruto but he's obviously elsewhere. Gaara also lets slip that he too has a Demon inside of him...and goes straight into his origin story. He's got a sand spirit inside of him, killed his momma upon his birth. Meet the Shukaku!

A new rival appears!

Naruto with his own parental troubles is legit shook by this depravity. Love...family...the only emotional ties he has to his family are the ones he'd like to wrap around their neck! It's about HATE! He was left alone by almost everyone...for good reason. His father has been trying to kill him for six years now...and he's only twelve! The village savior was a figure of terror. The ultimate protector was the scariest monster of them all! Naruto remains legit shook; this is the alternate universe version of him (with a shittier tail beast) and this but for the grace of god would be him. Gaara only loves himself, wants to kill everyone, blah, blah,blah. Can't die while there are still people to kill. Good Thing Naruto met Iruka Sensei or else he might think like this.

Naruto continues being legit shook. This has been going on for seven minutes now. He's about to break. Looks like Shadow Possession doesn't stop Gaara's sand gourd from working. He's gonna kill Naruto! Good Guy...Guy Sensei saves them with some stiff words to Gaara. Who has more flashbacks to his dark and terrifying past as his theme plays. He mosies off into the sunset but not before delivering one final death threat. He's gonna kill them all like Tomino!

Jarate

Banned
I almost started to watch Tenchi Muyo GXP sequel and I got scared and chickened out

It can't be worse then regular tenchi muyo, can it?

personally i'd have put Ghost in the Shell over both Gurren Lagann and Black Lagoon

i don't like Gurren Lagann nearly as much as everyone else and they all had a bit of a crisis over how high they wanted it to go

I feel like Beware the Batman is too high on the list.

I honestly can't think of one good thing about that show.

i go back and forth on whether it was the right decision to place it above Blue Exorcist, but Blue Exorcist's filler ending is REALLY BAD. we did, if nothing else, appreciate it tackling the lesser-known villains.

Line_HTX

I dunno, despite the terrible gecko ending, at least Blue Exorcist had some good, fun parts and was watchable. Just like E7 should be above Inuyasha, Blue Exorcist should be above Btb.

Beware the bat is a bottom tier show for the cardinal sin of making a Batman cartoon boring. I at least felt something at Blue Exorcist's terrible ending, beware the bat put half the thread to sleep during the marathon to finish it out.

Line_HTX

I would put Sword Art Online above Beware the Batman.

BtB should probably be in last place, 27th.

Actually, I was kind of thinking that also. SAO is collectively better than Beware, BUT all the bad shit it pulls does not put it above Blue Exorcist.

Yes, I'm saying BE > SAO.

Line_HTX

Hey man, I was only watching SAO because it was entertaining enough to not put me in a rage like other bad shows. Also, I like how the dubs were the same, hence the Kirito / Rin / Eren joke and Silica / Shiemi.

When I think of Beware the Batman I imagine some sort of awful creature that survives by consuming emotions. Not just negative emotions, like anger and sorrow, all emotions.

Raxus

SAO makes me angry and it makes me laugh at how embarrasing it is, thats still more then BtB makes me feel.

SAO will forever deserve props on how fascinatingly bad it is at every level. It is as if every episode is made to make you angrier than the last.

BtB is a muddled mess and still has some entertaining in a bad way kind of like SAO but never reaches those heights and is otherwise forgettable.

I am still sad to see TFA so low on the list along with Blue Exorcist (although I am in the minority). Though fuuuuuuuuuuck that noise about Casshern being below half those shows.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
SAO makes me angry and it makes me laugh at how embarrasing it is, thats still more then BtB makes me feel.

SAO is the show that should be good but constantly finds ways to fuck up even the most simple elements of it's story and constantly shit the bed in ways you never expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom