• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Aug/Sep16| NUDE GIRLS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamanon

Banned
Isn't spoiling the name of an arc of One Piece kinda dumb when the name is meaningless without context? Especially when it's "
Arc
is really good!"

Jarate

Banned
Isn't spoiling the name of an arc of One Piece kinda dumb when the name is meaningless without context? Especially when it's "
Arc
is really good!"

Depends on the arc. Only ones I really consider spoilers are
Marineford and Fishman Island
cause both are named outright before then

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Depends on the arc. Only ones I really consider spoilers are
Marineford and Fishman Island
cause both are named outright before then
It's been known that they would be going to Fishman Island someday since literally about 30 episodes into the series.

Jarate

Banned
It's been known that they would be going to Fishman Island someday since literally about 30 episodes into the series.

aeuFhZW.gif

ckohler

Pretty much. The worst OP filler arc happens in that time period, and some will complain about the pacing on some of those arcs. It's still going to be really good for most of the next four years.

It seems my tastes tend to differ from most when it comes One Piece arcs. For example, I really liked
Fishman Island
a lot and yet, I was pretty bored with
Punk Hazard
. Maybe it's because I marathoned them.
Sabaody
is my favorite which is great because it's the next arc after Thriller Bark.

Seda

Thorough osmosis, I think upcoming One Piece arcs include Fishman Island, Saobody, Marineford, Impel Down, Punk Hazard, Dressrosa but I don't know the order.

Only two of those arc names are actually significant spoilers for new watchers.
But I stopped caring about making a big deal about those sort of "microspoilers".

So somewhat random thought, but I was recently reminded that Prince of Persia: Warrior Within exists.

I tried to beat that game like 3-4 times out of morbid curiosity.

I don't think it is physically possible for me to finish that game.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It's the weekend & we're back to our normal schedule. Thank goodness, I need something to make me stop overthinking/getting stressed over my budget.

Wonder if we'll get any Jojo promos this month since we've only got 5 OPM episodes left. If we do, I'd imagine it'd be near the end of the month since Toonami likes to air the show replacement promo a week or two before it happens.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I still can't believe I wanted Shadow the Hedgehog for Xmas when I was 14 years old.....& furthermore, it was one of the games I got with my new PS2 slim along with Lego Star Wars & one of those "these games are complete crap, so let's bundle them together to trick parents into thinking they're getting a good deal for their kid" packs which I didn't even touch because it was stuff like Trigger Man & Cat in the Hat.

.......Shadow was perhaps one of the first games ever where I flat-out disliked it. Didn't help the PS2 version was the worst of the three.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It sure didn't help when the show ended by having the character, who just received a special power-up for the final battle, fall from space after defeating the big baddie who considered themselves the ultimate lifeform & someone scarified themselves in order to protect someone close to them.

Chase17

Think I may start watching this block. Looking for an excuse to watch again HxH anyways. How far into the series is it currently at?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
NARUTO - EPISODE SIXTY-TWO: A Failure's True Power

Neji, unlike the Sauce, puts the headband back on with almost no fight. Neji like a couple of my friends is obsessed with Destiny. Runs over and gives him some more gentle fuck fisting. Calls Naruto a failure and starts to walk away. Not smart Neji, Naruto won't give up. He doesn't quit and won't go back on his word. More Hinata flashbacks. She never goes back on her word either. Sakura shippers had no clue all this time. Naruto wonders why Neji is the one walking away. Can't fight against destiny, blah, blah. I find that Destiny runs out of things for people to do after about fifty hours, but whatever. A new flashback where his dad wishes he was born a few minutes earlier for Neji's sake. Branded. Are we Path of Radiance here?

Preaching to the choir.

Naruto...knows a thing or two about being marked. Naruto brings up the valid point that there are a ton of messed up people in this crazy ass Ninja village. Hinata has her own issues. Deemed inadequate compared to her cousin or her younger sister. She didn't have a choice in her birth either. No one does. Also since he likes destiny so much why isn't he following his and serving the main branch...it's because he doesn't believe in destiny. AN ANBU BLACK OPS WHO IS TOTALLY NOT KABUTO has healed Hinata. She needs a bit of rest though. Naruto...looks like he could use some of his organs sown up. How can Naruto fight without chakra? Some more great smack talk from Neji, say what you will about him but he's got the best one liners outside of Naruto. Says he can understand why he'd sympathize with Hinata so well as he's about to join her. Naruto thinks this all seeing byakugan user is the real blind one. But he's out of juice...except he's got this giant well of chakra unused. So Naruto is basically the perfect counter to someone who seals chakra. He talks to the fox and is ready to go on. Neji tries to beg off and get JYB to call the match but Naruto starts his DBZ impersonation. He promised Hinata that he'd win. Lee wants to see it as well! Naruto was called a failure and he'll prove them wrong.

LXxX40k.gif

He's hulking out brother. Everyone is legit shook. Joekage knows what is going on but everyone else is either spooked like Neji or excited like Gaara and the Kazekage. More fiery pyrotechnics. No chakra. No problem. HE'S ON FIRE! Does a flashstep to behind Neji and throws some shurikens. Rotation. Neji throws some back and misses. Naruto is much faster. Pretty evenly matched now. They clash with kunai mid air. Naruto is challenging him to some CQC. Destined to be Hokage. Chosen by destiny. Each person was given their own path to follow and must follow it. Naruto is going to change the way of the Hyuga clan after he becomes Hokage.

LEGIT SHOOKOVISION.

They're both down after a giant explosion. JYB thinks Naruto has this in the bag. Neji is the first one up from his individual crater! He isn't all show, he can still go! Naruto is curled up in the fetal position in his crater. TWENTY explains it: Neji's rotation sends energy back at the person who uses it and must have beaten him. No Genin alive could beat Neji...but she thinks Naruto did an admirable job. Neji thinks Naruto failed as he stands over his body. Too bad. So sad.

Talk shit, get hit.

The ultimate punch. JYB knows that believing in yourself is the ultimate tool to changing one's destiny. That and a good left hook (That was clearly a Shoryuken) Neji forgot about the shadow clone. He was careless. Naruto failed the graduation exam three times. Could never do it. The shadow clone substitution jutsu. He was a failure but he changed his destiny, so don't cry about it and do something about it as you see, Neji you're not a failure.

ckohler

I just had a genius April Fools 2017 idea for Adult Swim:

Air all their entire day's shows in Japanese with English subtitles... including Toonami.

Chase17

I like that Naruto Neji fight. Helps that it
set up for Shikamaru genius shenanigans

I wonder where digging underground tunnels fits into the curriculum.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I like that Naruto Neji fight. Helps that it
set up for Shikamaru genius shenanigans

I wonder where digging underground tunnels fits into the curriculum.

These two fights are two of the best in the series. So simple yet effective. Short too.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
"We also got a new SARA ready to go as well!"

Yeah, considering the teaser was the earth cracking, I imagine they'll gonna get on a ship because the planet is having a giant earthquake, then TOM finds something that helps repair SARA while giving her a new look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom