• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Aug/Sep16| NUDE GIRLS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso

Man God

Non-Canon Member
NARUTO - EPISODE SIXTY-THREE: Hit it or Quit it, The Final Rounds Get Complicated!

Sakura is in it to win it.

Just like HxH! Neji is shook but can't move. TWENTY is disappointed as hell in her boy. Sakura exclaims You Did It! Everyone starts applauding. My two favorite Chunin really are impressed with Naruto's fighting skills. Naruto is hilariously enough doing a victory lap. Some randos near Sakura think Naruto is on the path of greatness...and is kinda cute too. She sighs, knowing at best she is stuck with that loser Sasuke. She envies him and his hard work. Shikamaru is surprised as hell; he thought Naruto was one of the dorky uncool guys like himself. Shino...doesn't know how to take that statement. Shikamaru continues his gloomy rant. Jonin and the Joekage are impressed that he could control the nine tails chakra while JYB tells us that even a caged bird will eventually learn how to open the door with its beak. Learn to fly, Neji. Naruto is prancing in the background.

Betrayal Five.

Neji used up all his chakra, the doctors agree. Some flashbacks to destiny talk. His uncle comes to have a word with him. A private word. Has he come to finish the job Naruto started? Nah, he's come to tell him the truth about his dad's death. His uncle was prepared to die. The rest of the clan didn't want his body dissected by a foreign nation. Neji's dad volunteered as his curse seal would ruin any scientific probing. His brother knocked him out and told him to give him this letter when he would be able to handle it. He didn't do it to save the head family. He did it to save his brother. What a guy. He chose his own path. Tell Neji that I wasn't killed to protect the head family, he did it to protect his sibling, his clan, and his nation. He chose his own destiny. Neji is shook as hell. You create fate with your own hands. His uncle is on his knees bowing and apologizing. More words from Neji's about fate/destiny/the path you choose. He sounds truly happy. Neji has been fixed by Naruto and a letter from the past! Sasuke is in the next match. Still not here. Kazekage thinks everyone is here for this match. Crowd is getting hot. They are going to disqualify the Sauce! Shino thinks Sauce gave up to not get killed. Gaara is giving Naruto the stink eye. The Hokage disqualifies him! This is bad for the Sand Ninja as Gaara's fight is the signal for the invasion. More flashbacks to Gaara watching Sauce train. Kakashi knew he was there though. Thirsting for blood. Kazekage tells him to slow his roll. He wants the Sauce. He NEEDS the Sauce. They all want the SAUCE. The last of the Uchiha versus the son of the Kazekage? Very well. They'll do the next match instead. Kankuro...doesn't want to actually fight Shino and waste his surprise. He forfeits! That means Shino wins! WOOOOOOOO!

The real queen.

Temari has no need to hide though!

ujibeec.gif

Batman is not prepared as much as he'd like.

Chase17

NARUTO - EPISODE SIXTY-THREE: Hit it or Quit it, The Final Rounds Get Complicated!

Just like HxH! Neji is shook but can't move. TWENTY is disappointed as hell in her boy. Sakura exclaims You Did It! Everyone starts applauding. My two favorite Chunin really are impressed with Naruto's fighting skills. Naruto is hilariously enough doing a victory lap. Some randos near Sakura think Naruto is on the path of greatness...and is kinda cute too. She sighs, knowing at best she is stuck with that loser Sasuke. She envies him and his hard work. Shikamaru is surprised as hell; he thought Naruto was one of the dorky uncool guys like himself. Shino...doesn't know how to take that statement. Shikamaru continues his gloomy rant. Jonin and the Joekage are impressed that he could control the nine tails chakra while JYB tells us that even a caged bird will eventually learn how to open the door with its beak. Learn to fly, Neji. Naruto is prancing in the background.

Betrayal Five.

Neji used up all his chakra, the doctors agree. Some flashbacks to destiny talk. His uncle comes to have a word with him. A private word. Has he come to finish the job Naruto started? Nah, he's come to tell him the truth about his dad's death. His uncle was prepared to die. The rest of the clan didn't want his body dissected by a foreign nation. Neji's dad volunteered as his curse seal would ruin any scientific probing. His brother knocked him out and told him to give him this letter when he would be able to handle it. He didn't do it to save the head family. He did it to save his brother. What a guy. He chose his own path. Tell Neji that I wasn't killed to protect the head family, he did it to protect his sibling, his clan, and his nation. He chose his own destiny. Neji is shook as hell. You create fate with your own hands. His uncle is on his knees bowing and apologizing. More words from Neji's about fate/destiny/the path you choose. He sounds truly happy. Neji has been fixed by Naruto and a letter from the past! Sasuke is in the next match. Still not here. Kazekage thinks everyone is here for this match. Crowd is getting hot. They are going to disqualify the Sauce! Shino thinks Sauce gave up to not get killed. Gaara is giving Naruto the stink eye. The Hokage disqualifies him! This is bad for the Sand Ninja as Gaara's fight is the signal for the invasion. More flashbacks to Gaara watching Sauce train. Kakashi knew he was there though. Thirsting for blood. Kazekage tells him to slow his roll. He wants the Sauce. He NEEDS the Sauce. They all want the SAUCE. The last of the Uchiha versus the son of the Kazekage? Very well. They'll do the next match instead. Kankuro...doesn't want to actually fight Shino and waste his surprise. He forfeits! That means Shino wins! WOOOOOOOO!

The real queen.

ujibeec.gif

And thus began Shino being forgotten.

zulux21

I imagine it's case-by-case. Amai Mask is easy to say in English - doesn't sound too foreign, probably easy to fit lip flaps too. Mumen rider sounds a lot better than "llicenseless rider".

yup that, and fitting the lips ect

Oh look more jobbers

To be fair some people might not know what Mumen means :p

most people don't know what mumen means, but aside from sounding better than licenseless... at least where I have lived in america I have never needed a license for a bike so I imagine his name wouldn't make much sense to most people watching toonami if they changed it to licenseless rider.

it would be like can't fly guy or normal strength girl. just not have much point while mumen sounds decently cool :p

given the role he plays in the series keeping him a bit cooler sounding is important as he isn't really a joke character.

Betrayal Five.

The real queen.

ujibeec.gif

You're making me nostalgic for how good Naruto used to be. :(

Man God

Non-Canon Member
NARUTO - EPISODE SIXTY-FOUR: Zero Motivation, The Guy With Cloud Envy!

The other real hero.

It's time for Naruto Shikuden/Zero! Shikamaru lands on his ass and looks up to see a hopeful Naruto. The crowd is still in desperate need of a fix of the Sauce plus they had a no contest forfeit, so they start throwing trash into the arena and its starts to accumulate near Shikamaru. Shikamaru knows this is a coo ldown match between the hot opener and the main event. Temari has no trash near her though, so they are picking on the underdog. The crowd are jerks Shikamaru, why even bother fighting for them? He also has to fight a girl...again. What a drag being sexist. Naruto is cheering him on from the balcony and Temari decides to fuck the rules and starts running towards him. JYB says he hasn't started the match yet! Shikamaru hates spunky ones. Temari goes for an overhead death blow as Shikamaru's dope ass theme starts rolling. He's got two kunai to block with. The massive fan kicks up a dirt cloud. Shikamaru has watched his DBZ and is of course not there. He doesn't care if he ever becomes a Chunin but he'd rather not lose to a female.

Wind Scythe Jutsu.

Temari hates Gamergaters. Temari Smash! Nope, he's not there either. He was standing against the wall on top of his two kunai. Quick when he wants to run. Shikamaru knows it's not classy to hit a girl...but whoever said he was classy? They've got a fun internal banter thing going on. Temari recounts the basics of Shikamaru's ability by watching the flashback. Shadow Possession. Just gotta avoid getting close to the shadow of the tree he is in.

The Other Shikamaru Cheerleader.

Stomp that bitch! Ino is fierce as hell this morning. Someone wants to sit next to Ino. It's Chouji! Out of the hospital and with a bag of chips. Well, a bag full of bags of chips...and a bag of chips. He thought Sasuke's match was next. Ixnay on the Sauce..kay? Sakura is bummed. Anyways Chouji is surprised Shikamaru made it this far. Ino's not. He may not have the drive or the raw combat skills but his strategic mind is what got them to the dance. Plus she thinks he looks extra motivated today. Shikamaru is sitting in a tree. Staring at the clouds. Wishing he was a cloud. Going with the breeze. He only wanted to be a ninja so he could do want he wanted...I don't think I'd join a very hierarchical quasi military child mercenary outfit if I wanted total freedom but whatever. His eyes land on the hole the shadow clone naruto dug to shoryuken Neji last fight. Naruto is telling him to get his butt in gear and Shikamaru starts smiling as Temari lets loose a gale. TWENTY knows all about this as she was curbstomped by it. Shadow Possession Jutsu! Temari starts back flipping until he reaches his limit. She goes some impressive mental calculations. 15m, 32cm. That's it and she draws a literal line in the sand. Kankuro thinks this match is over as his sister is better at long range anyways!

pfIFy5N.gif

Shikamaru starts HIS ULTIMATE SECRET TECHNIQUE! Asuma is talking with Kurenai about his favorite pupil. It's a meditation technique that he always uses when planning out his next moves. He always wins at Shogi and Go. Kid is a certified genius. Kurenai is...well, skeptical. He has scores as bad or worse than Naruto!

Ka-tonk!

Too big of a drag to put pencil to paper. Asuma had him take an IQ test and his score was off the charts. Over 200. His eyes are open. It's batman time. Fighting Spirit time. She throws up another gale and Shikamaru starts taking off his vest. Ino cheers him on while Chouji munches chips. He thinks this is way too much work and that Shikamaru is going to give up soon. Temari calls him a coward and sends another gale. He throws a kunai right at her forehead. She dodges to the side and he sends another shadow out. She's confident because she is still well behind the line but...

Too fast!

Almost got her! Still not good enough, she's too fast. She thinks he was buying time for the shadow of the wall to get longer. Chouji and Ino have a discussion about the finer points of his jutsu how he can make Shadows within shadows. So as long as it's not total darkness or total light he's in a good position. Temari does some more math and thinks she has it figured out. Gaara and Kankuro notice something and Kankuro tells her to look up.

Looming dread.

Too late. Shikamaru made a kite out of his vest and a kunai to make a mobile range extender for his wifi shadow. One more thing for her to look out for. Guess she underestimated him. She still manages to dodge...right next to Naruto's shadow clone holes...Asuma and Kurenai think she's a good strategist as well. Temari knows this match needs to end soon as the shadows are just going to get worse. She's going to make a clone behind her fan, let the clone get hit with the shadow and brain him. Just as she's forming the clone a familiar sound effect goes off. She got got! But how?

yblgYqq.gif

Everyone is legit shook! Chouji is munching! Look behind you! Shikamaru turns his head and so does she. Naruto's hole! The hole in front of her was the one he went in. Asuma says he's been thinking three moves ahead this whole time and he outlines it. The line, missing the second time, the balloon. He's been getting her in position all along. He walks forward. She is forced to as well. They stand face to face. Everyone is shook as hell. The two best Chunin comment that the crowd was throwing trash at him minutes ago. Is he a ringer? Chouji is now pounding those chips. Asuma thinks this is checkmate. He raises his hand. So does she. They both close their eyes. This rad as hell music is playing. The hell with it, I give up. Shikamaru quits. HE WHAT?!? Chouji was right all along. He used up all his juice. Ten more seconds. Bummer. He already planned his next 200 moves. If he won he'd just have to fight more today anyways. JYB announces the winner as Temari.

BONUS: Maybe Ino does care a little.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I was seriously considering doing a double episode tonight as I to have a night off this week...then I remembered that the next two episodes are literally a premade double episode, at least they were in Japan. OG Naruto has a ton of these actually, no idea if Shippuden does.

I can't believe how good Toonami 2017's lineup is going to be with Mob Psycho 100 and JoJo on the block.
It'll make the current lineup look like Miguzi in comparison.

Line_HTX

Sup? I came home for Gundam but wasn't feeling it, plus it felt like last Saturday's slate was complete doo-doo. Please tell me this episode was a resolution of the stupid nonsense from the previous episode. I guess I missed Hunter Hunter too, I didn't record that one.

Anyways, I was too tired to jump in, so I'll be here for sure this time and hopefully there are better episodes this time.

Bee mah be mah be mah bee mah be mah baby, be mah baby, be mah baby, bee mah be mah be mah

Chase17

NARUTO - EPISODE SIXTY-FOUR: Zero Motivation, The Guy With Cloud Envy!

The other real hero.

It's time for Naruto Shikuden/Zero! Shikamaru lands on his ass and looks up to see a hopeful Naruto. The crowd is still in desperate need of a fix of the Sauce plus they had a no contest forfeit, so they start throwing trash into the arena and its starts to accumulate near Shikamaru. Shikamaru knows this is a coo ldown match between the hot opener and the main event. Temari has no trash near her though, so they are picking on the underdog. The crowd are jerks Shikamaru, why even bother fighting for them? He also has to fight a girl...again. What a drag being sexist. Naruto is cheering him on from the balcony and Temari decides to fuck the rules and starts running towards him. JYB says he hasn't started the match yet! Shikamaru hates spunky ones. Temari goes for an overhead death blow as Shikamaru's dope ass theme starts rolling. He's got two kunai to block with. The massive fan kicks up a dirt cloud. Shikamaru has watched his DBZ and is of course not there. He doesn't care if he ever becomes a Chunin but he'd rather not lose to a female.

Wind Scythe Jutsu.

Temari hates Gamergaters. Temari Smash! Nope, he's not there either. He was standing against the wall on top of his two kunai. Quick when he wants to run. Shikamaru knows it's not classy to hit a girl...but whoever said he was classy? They've got a fun internal banter thing going on. Temari recounts the basics of Shikamaru's ability by watching the flashback. Shadow Possession. Just gotta avoid getting close to the shadow of the tree he is in.

The Other Shikamaru Cheerleader.

Stomp that bitch! Ino is fierce as hell this morning. Someone wants to sit next to Ino. It's Chouji! Out of the hospital and with a bag of chips. Well, a bag full of bags of chips...and a bag of chips. He thought Sasuke's match was next. Ixnay on the Sauce..kay? Sakura is bummed. Anyways Chouji is surprised Shikamaru made it this far. Ino's not. He may not have the drive or the raw combat skills but his strategic mind is what got them to the dance. Plus she thinks he looks extra motivated today. Shikamaru is sitting in a tree. Staring at the clouds. Wishing he was a cloud. Going with the breeze. He only wanted to be a ninja so he could do want he wanted...I don't think I'd join a very hierarchical quasi military child mercenary outfit if I wanted total freedom but whatever. His eyes land on the hole the shadow clone naruto dug to shoryuken Neji last fight. Naruto is telling him to get his butt in gear and Shikamaru starts smiling as Temari lets loose a gale. TWENTY knows all about this as she was curbstomped by it. Shadow Possession Jutsu! Temari starts back flipping until he reaches his limit. She goes some impressive mental calculations. 15m, 32cm. That's it and she draws a literal line in the sand. Kankuro thinks this match is over as his sister is better at long range anyways!

pfIFy5N.gif

Shikamaru starts HIS ULTIMATE SECRET TECHNIQUE! Asuma is talking with Kurenai about his favorite pupil. It's a meditation technique that he always uses when planning out his next moves. He always wins at Shogi and Go. Kid is a certified genius. Kurenai is...well, skeptical. He has scores as bad or worse than Naruto!

Ka-tonk!

Too big of a drag to put pencil to paper. Asuma had him take an IQ test and his score was off the charts. Over 200. His eyes are open. It's batman time. Fighting Spirit time. She throws up another gale and Shikamaru starts taking off his vest. Ino cheers him on while Chouji munches chips. He thinks this is way too much work and that Shikamaru is going to give up soon. Temari calls him a coward and sends another gale. He throws a kunai right at her forehead. She dodges to the side and he sends another shadow out. She's confident because she is still well behind the line but...

Too fast!

Almost got her! Still not good enough, she's too fast. She thinks he was buying time for the shadow of the wall to get longer. Chouji and Ino have a discussion about the finer points of his jutsu how he can make Shadows within shadows. So as long as it's not total darkness or total light he's in a good position. Temari does some more math and thinks she has it figured out. Gaara and Kankuro notice something and Kankuro tells her to look up.

Looming dread.

Too late. Shikamaru made a kite out of his vest and a kunai to make a mobile range extender for his wifi shadow. One more thing for her to look out for. Guess she underestimated him. She still manages to dodge...right next to Naruto's shadow clone holes...Asuma and Kurenai think she's a good strategist as well. Temari knows this match needs to end soon as the shadows are just going to get worse. She's going to make a clone behind her fan, let the clone get hit with the shadow and brain him. Just as she's forming the clone a familiar sound effect goes off. She got got! But how?

yblgYqq.gif

Everyone is legit shook! Chouji is munching! Look behind you! Shikamaru turns his head and so does she. Naruto's hole! The hole in front of her was the one he went in. Asuma says he's been thinking three moves ahead this whole time and he outlines it. The line, missing the second time, the balloon. He's been getting her in position all along. He walks forward. She is forced to as well. They stand face to face. Everyone is shook as hell. The two best Chunin comment that the crowd was throwing trash at him minutes ago. Is he a ringer? Chouji is now pounding those chips. Asuma thinks this is checkmate. He raises his hand. So does she. They both close their eyes. This rad as hell music is playing. The hell with it, I give up. Shikamaru quits. HE WHAT?!? Chouji was right all along. He used up all his juice. Ten more seconds. Bummer. He already planned his next 200 moves. If he won he'd just have to fight more today anyways. JYB announces the winner as Temari.

BONUS: Maybe Ino does care a little.

One of my favorite fights. Forgot that Shikamaru always dropped sexist comments. Also having the field conditions of a previous battle play into the next is great.

Don't know why but always find it funny when tenten is mentioned.

Code:
Show				Net		Time		Total Viewers (000s)	18-49 rating
DRAGON BALL Z KAI		ADULT SWIM	11:30 PM	1,249			0.6
ONE-PUNCH MAN			ADULT SWIM	12:00 AM	1,153			0.5
MOBILE SUIT GUNDAM:I.B.O.	ADULT SWIM	12:30 AM	809			0.4
HUNTER X HUNTER			ADULT SWIM	1:00 AM		738			0.4
NARUTO: SHIPPUDEN		ADULT SWIM	1:30 AM		692			0.3
ONE PIECE			ADULT SWIM	2:00 AM		635			0.3

No numbers for Parasyte, at least on this list.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Code:
Show				Net		Time		Total Viewers (000s)	18-49 rating
DRAGON BALL Z KAI		ADULT SWIM	11:30 PM	1,249			0.6
ONE-PUNCH MAN			ADULT SWIM	12:00 AM	1,153			0.5
MOBILE SUIT GUNDAM:I.B.O.	ADULT SWIM	12:30 AM	809			0.4
HUNTER X HUNTER			ADULT SWIM	1:00 AM		738			0.4
NARUTO: SHIPPUDEN		ADULT SWIM	1:30 AM		692			0.3
ONE PIECE			ADULT SWIM	2:00 AM		635			0.3

No numbers for Parasyte, at least on this list.

That's one hell of a drop for IBO.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yay for OPM always sticking over 1 million.

No surprise at IBO, feels like it matches the quality of the show lately.

Did IBO drop off once it started airing behind OPM? It used to be doing a lot better is it simply a case of OPM bringing in an audience that isn't staying past it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom