• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Aug/Sep16| NUDE GIRLS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarate

Banned
G Gundam 2 is only the inevitable next thing Demarco is going to Japan to get. Demarco loves Gundam, and the only series to get success in the west were Wing and G. G Gundam has obviously stood the test of time, and we deserve this show more then we deserve anything

G Gundam 2 is only the inevitable next thing Demarco is going to Japan to get. Demarco loves Gundam, and the only series to get success in the west were Wing and G. G Gundam has obviously stood the test of time, and we deserve this show more then we deserve anything

Is there a G Gundam 2 I should know about?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

demarco please!

as someone who hasn't seen haruhi but everyone tells me to and I liked the first book

y/n
http://shop.funimation.com/Ultimate-Collectors-Edition?whence=

Does it come with the movie?

Jarate

Banned
Actually, I don't know hat I'd rather have, G Gundam 2 or Fist of the North Star being given a reboot in the same vein the new Jojo got a new reboot

could you imagine how moe Lin would be!?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Haruhi was the rare anime popular enough that they could have run it on ASA/TOONAMI despite not being an action show.

Line_HTX

Haruhi was the rare anime popular enough that they could have run it on ASA/TOONAMI despite not being an action show.

I think ASA missed out on that opportunity when the popularity was at its peak despite the All-Star dub cast that everyone recognizes and MC Crispin Freeman.

I hope the redubbed Escaflowne makes it to the lineup though.

Grexeno

On this episode, the potential end of Naruto Shippuden, teleporting to the afterlife, STAND-UP PEDALING MODE, funeral sex, tiddlywinks, SHARINGAN TANK, and your weekly dose of One Piece hinting. All this and more on Episode #23 of the ToonamiGAF Podcast!

Edited video version: http://www.ckohler.net/toonamigafpodcast/Episode023.mp4

MP3 version: http://www.ckohler.net/toonamigafpodcast/Episode023.mp3

Timestamps:

1:07 - Naruto Ending News?
2:17 - DBZ Kai
10:47 - One Punch Man
21:00 - Iron Blooded Orphans
30:15 - Hunter x Hunter
40:10 - Naruto Shippuden
55:15 - One Piece
1:05:49 - Favorites and Sign Off

Seda

I'm late.

Gundam has been pretty crap for several weeks, true, but I imagine its ratings were probably going to dip a bit after initial airing anyway just due to the type of show it is. DBZ and One Punch Man are more easily viewed by people just stopping on the channel even if they haven't been following along. Even stuff like Attack on Titan and Kill la Kill have more general name recognition as popular modern anime. 'Another Gundam show' .. not so much, I feel.

Obviously the poor quality doesn't help it.

On this episode, the potential end of Naruto Shippuden, teleporting to the afterlife, STAND-UP PEDALING MODE, funeral sex, tiddlywinks, SHARINGAN TANK, and your weekly dose of One Piece hinting. All this and more on Episode #23 of the ToonamiGAF Podcast!

Edited video version: http://www.ckohler.net/toonamigafpodcast/Episode023.mp4

MP3 version: http://www.ckohler.net/toonamigafpodcast/Episode023.mp3

Timestamps:

1:07 - Naruto Ending News?
2:17 - DBZ Kai
10:47 - One Punch Man
21:00 - Iron Blooded Orphans
30:15 - Hunter x Hunter
40:10 - Naruto Shippuden
55:15 - One Piece
1:05:49 - Favorites and Sign Off

Too bad I had to miss the podcast this week due to life conflicts. I would have gone on forever about funeral sex and picking up chicks at funerals.

Raxus

We talked about Naruto for 15 minutes? Man I really DO black out whenever the word Naru-

....And that is when One Piece introduced Nazis....wait how did I get here?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
110 for both seasons of Haruhi and whatever extra they are throwing in? Sure.

I'd say its a steal if the movie was included, but it's not.

We talked about Naruto for 15 minutes? Man I really DO black out whenever the word Naru-

....And that is when One Piece introduced Nazis....wait how did I get here?

1d3.gif

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Everybody knows the best anime to watch during Xmas is......

........um.........uh............

.........something that ISN'T Love Hina Christmas Special?

When people mention Xmas and anime, I only tend to think about Tokyo Godfathers.

But to be honest, Tokyo Godfathers isn't even that Christmassy.

I need to rewatch that movie.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
oh god, how could I forget Tokyo Godfathers. That's an excellent film. Kind of a shame it never got dubbed.

I'm not passionate about a lot of things, but one of them I am of is The Last Guardian. I've never put anyone on GAF on my ignore list, I'm getting close to putting everyone on it who says it looks like a PS3 game, because it's getting really, really annoying.

Soulflarz

Banned
I'm not passionate about a lot of things, but one of them I am of is The Last Guardian. I've never put anyone on GAF on my ignore list, I'm getting close to putting everyone on it who says it looks like a PS3 game, because it's getting really, really annoying.

I mean, people aren't saying it to offend you. Ever since the reveal people have thought that- I remember the GT crew breaking down with joy that it exists, but they clearly said "it can look however it likes" or such, since it looked very similar to how it used to, regardless of the console leap. It's a valid criticism of a game in 2016 for modern hardware. Just because we don't care if it looks like a PS3 game doesn't mean other people can't be annoyed by it.

Anyways, no need to Ignore List me for that, I'm not in TLG threads and I'm buying it regardless :V

Line_HTX

Forgive my ignorance, but I do not understand what is the deal with this game and why it's always in limbo, even more so than FFXV.

zulux21

to be fair, in a lot of aspects it does look like a ps3 game. it's the end result of it being a ps3 game ported to the ps4.

It's not as high budget as ff15 so it didn't get as much polish, but even ff15 looks like a ps3 game in some aspects at time.

I mean it's not like the new last guardian footage is all that improved from the stuff we were seeing when it was supposed to be on the ps3.

there really isn't much reason to get annoyed at people for saying that. I mean by people disgaea 5 is a ps1 game :p

and in the end, if it looks like a ps1 or a ps3 or a ps4 game to people, what does it really matter? You are going to get it, you love how it looks, and ideally you will love how it plays, that is all that really matters :p

Anyways, no need to Ignore List me for that, I'm not in TLG threads and I'm buying it regardless :V

I have the LE preordered but I will likely cancel it, but I am not in TLG threads either lol.
just sayin' what does it really matter what other people think it looks like.
I mean plenty of people think one piece looks bad, and really I appreciate it's style (women's designs not really included :p) as it really helps it stand out, and in general looks very good with the powers that are used.

zulux21

Anyways I'm getting really frustrated and getting close to asking for a self ban because there's no where I can go with this conversation.

do what I do when there is something I am looking forward to and people are crapping on it.

just find a group of people who share views similar to you and add them somewhere like on steam and talk with them :p

I mean half of the reason I am even in this thread is because I can say Sword Art Online is an enjoyable show, without being attacked like I would be in the normal anime thread :p

do what I do when there is something I am looking forward to and people are crapping on it.

just find a group of people who share views similar to you and add them somewhere like on steam and talk with them :p

I mean half of the reason I am even in this thread is because I can say Sword Art Online is an enjoyable show, without being attacked like I would be in the normal anime thread :p

I actually have you on Steam from Gametrailers forums.

zulux21

I actually have you on Steam from Gametrailers forums.

huh....
so I guess you aren't such an unknown stranger :p

though *looks at currently online friends... and then other friends*
not 100% sure who you are honestly, unless you are a different Unknown on steam. then I would know who you are :p

though if you know me from gametrailers, you also should know I mean nothing mean by saying what I previously said, just that there is plenty of reason for people to think it looks like a ps3 game, when obviously it wouldn't be doable on the ps3.

it's why I posted the disgaea 5 video, and how people call it a ps1 or a ps2 game even though the game wouldn't be possible on those in it's current state.

but alas when you have games that push graphics on tiny sets (Order), games with actual ambition with unique gameplay that use some resources on stuff like background stuff such as AI will always be mocked graphically because it's not cutting edge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom