• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Aug/Sep16| NUDE GIRLS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Line_HTX

Anyways I'm getting really frustrated and getting close to asking for a self ban because there's no where I can go with this conversation.

Ah, ok, I understand it better now that you brought up Okami. It makes a whole lot of sense.

No way man, I need you around so I can trash talk the Seahawks
and eat crow myself
now that zswordsman isn't around.

huh....
so I guess you aren't such an unknown stranger :p

though *looks at currently online friends... and then other friends*
not 100% sure who you are honestly, unless you are a different Unknown on steam. then I would know who you are :p

though if you know me from gametrailers, you also should know I mean nothing mean by saying what I previously said, just that there is plenty of reason for people to think it looks like a ps3 game, when obviously it wouldn't be doable on the ps3.

it's why I posted the disgaea 5 video, and how people call it a ps1 or a ps2 game even though the game wouldn't be possible on those in it's current state.

but alas when you have games that push graphics on tiny sets (Order), games with actual ambition with unique gameplay that use some resources on stuff like background stuff such as AI will always be mocked graphically because it's not cutting edge.

I haven't been on Steam in awhile so I don't remember my name but I have the same Avatar I think.

zulux21

I haven't been on Steam in awhile so I don't remember my name but I have the same Avatar I think.

the person I would guess you are, hasn't been online for 73 days on steam and has
Y7BctWG.png
as an avatar.

zulux21

Huh I know I had you added at one point but you're not there anymore. I still have you on Battle.net though. You haven't been on in 4 months.

I do random purges on steam from time to time, basically I figure if at the time of the purge if I can't remember someone then I don't need them on my list.

I've lost track of the number of people I have made mad from that, including coworkers I see every time I work >.<:

I'm not passionate about a lot of things, but one of them I am of is The Last Guardian. I've never put anyone on GAF on my ignore list, I'm getting close to putting everyone on it who says it looks like a PS3 game, because it's getting really, really annoying.

fuck The Last Guardian! It's gonna kill Gravity Rush 2

Grexeno

Reposting for new page:

On this episode, the potential end of Naruto Shippuden, teleporting to the afterlife, STAND-UP PEDALING MODE, funeral sex, tiddlywinks, SHARINGAN TANK, and your weekly dose of One Piece hinting.

Edited video version: http://www.ckohler.net/toonamigafpodcast/Episode023.mp4

MP3 version: http://www.ckohler.net/toonamigafpodcast/Episode023.mp3

Timestamps:

1:07 - Naruto Ending News?
2:17 - DBZ Kai
10:47 - One Punch Man
21:00 - Iron Blooded Orphans
30:15 - Hunter x Hunter
40:10 - Naruto Shippuden
55:15 - One Piece
1:05:49 - Favorites and Sign Off

BBboy20

9th
Ni-Oh

14th
For Honor
Persona 5
Sniper Elite 4

21st
Berserk and the Band of the Hawk
Halo Wars 2

23rd
Nier: Automata

28th
Horizon: Zero Dawn

Good thing this is my most anticipated game in the last 3 years because once it arrives: Nothing. Else. Will. Matter.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I think the rest of my year looks like this:

Oct:
- Paper Mario: Color Splash
- Neptunia/Sega Hard Girls
- Valkyrie Drive
- Maybe Rez HD, depending on the price

Nov:
- Final Fantasy 15
- Shantae: Half-Genie Hero
- some amiibo
- whatever Black Friday deals I find

Dec:
- the Zelda amiibo
- Gravity Rush 2

Don't think there's anything I want Jan. 2017 but then PERSONA 5 AAAHHHHHHH I WANT IT NOW

Chase17

On this episode, the potential end of Naruto Shippuden, teleporting to the afterlife, STAND-UP PEDALING MODE, funeral sex, tiddlywinks, SHARINGAN TANK, and your weekly dose of One Piece hinting. All this and more on Episode #23 of the ToonamiGAF Podcast!

Edited video version: http://www.ckohler.net/toonamigafpodcast/Episode023.mp4

MP3 version: http://www.ckohler.net/toonamigafpodcast/Episode023.mp3

Timestamps:

1:07 - Naruto Ending News?
2:17 - DBZ Kai
10:47 - One Punch Man
21:00 - Iron Blooded Orphans
30:15 - Hunter x Hunter
40:10 - Naruto Shippuden
55:15 - One Piece
1:05:49 - Favorites and Sign Off
Nice listen.

lol at first segment fake out.

Regiruler

I was woken up at 4am because someone burned their god damn snack and the fire alarm + fire horn was triggered.

Only time I want to be up at 4am is if Nazi Vampires (and the killing thereof) are involved.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I mean half of the reason I am even in this thread is because I can say Sword Art Online is an enjoyable show, without being attacked like I would be in the normal anime thread :p

YOU WANNA BET?

SWORD ART ONLINE IS A

nah it's too early, whatever

BBboy20

Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse
Quantum Break
Corpse Party - Back to School Edition
Mafia III
Shadow Warrior 2
Rez Infinite
World of Final Fantasy
Dragonball Xenoverse 2
Dishnored 2
Pokemon Sun & Moon
Final Fantasy XV
Gravity Rush 2
The Last Guardian

And probably other games that have no release date but are to be released this year or am unable to afford.

Though Silver Case is my 3rd most anticipated game right now and it's suppose to be out this year.

Levyne

Banned
I've been playing Mankind Divided recently. At first it kinda felt clunky and unintuitive but then I robbed a three story bank without being caught.

I haven't done a story mission yet.

XCOM 2 (if not a bad port)
Titanfall 2 (maybe)
Dishonored 2
Final Fantasy XV
The Last Guardian
Frozen Synapse 2

might get that Paper Mario game for writing purposes

Jarate

Banned
Titanfall 2 is gonna bomb so hard I feel like. No one wants an ADS shooter unless your name is COWADUTY or BATTELFIELD. Genre has effectively died

Also, I might pick od COWADUTY 4 because I never played it until it was a hackers playground and im not sure if my friends will get it etc.

Ive been mostly playing a lot of GBA games ive missed throughought the years on my Vita. Im looking forward to starting Megaman Battle Network for the 900th time, maybe I can finally not get bored of the super awful universe.

Chase17

Don't know if I should pick up DQ7 this weekend, or 2k17 to start my career as the illustrious "President of Basketball".

Titanfall 2 is gonna bomb so hard I feel like. No one wants an ADS shooter unless your name is COWADUTY or BATTELFIELD.
Years down the line historians will ponder why EA decided to sandwich this game between their own Battlefield and Call of Duty.

Jarate

Banned
Don't know if I should pick up DQ7 this weekend, or 2k17 to start my career as the illustrious "President of Basketball".

I sold all my hats from TF2 and had money to pre-order it on PC. I get a ludicrous amount of time out of sports management games, and myleague allows me to sim my way too glory, so even if the core gameplay sucks this year, I'll still have fun. Also, Ive had DQ7 preordered for a super long time

Honestly, ive been thinking pretty hard of just not buying video games anymore. Ill probably get Civ 6, but I really cant think of anything that will excite me besides DW9 and FF15 to play, all my console time is usually dedicated to Overwatch, which has quickly replaced TF2 as the game I can play for 6-7 hours straight.

Years down the line historians will ponder why EA decided to sandwich this game between their own Battlefield and Call of Duty.

I dont think it will sell horribly, im talking more about reviews wise. I doubt they learned the lessons from their last game. Im also kind of done with GRITTY FUTURE COMBAT BUT WITH AR'S. Like, if I want a future title, give me a fucking Lazer gun please.

Titanfall 2 is gonna bomb so hard I feel like. No one wants an ADS shooter unless your name is COWADUTY or BATTELFIELD. Genre has effectively died

Also, I might pick od COWADUTY 4 because I never played it until it was a hackers playground and im not sure if my friends will get it etc.

Ive been mostly playing a lot of GBA games ive missed throughought the years on my Vita. Im looking forward to starting Megaman Battle Network for the 900th time, maybe I can finally not get bored of the super awful universe.

Yeah, Titanfall 2's release date is a horrible decision. First game was a lot of fun though so here's hoping they didn't break it.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
That new Valkyria Chronicles was better looking than I thought.

Really? Because going by it's thread here, it's one of the worse creations ever made by asain man, due to it's demo with crappy alpha battle system and "Generic Animu Garbage" designs where girls wear pretty dresses to combat and guys wear full clothes with oversized swords.

I mean... sure, I love the look of the other Valkyria games, but I don't really mind them taking on part of the series name to make a spinoff that might have more sale appeal with a buying public. Spinoff + Eventually continuation of a main saga is better than Nothing at all, as we dream about what could be. Though the feel of Sega making Spinoffs of an RPG series, rather than growing the main series, is far, far, Phar too familiar...

I myself am always one that is much more for melee combat than gunplay, so I'm easily looking forward to it.

Jarate

Banned
Really? Because going by it's thread here, it's one of the worse creations ever made by asain man, due to it's demo with crappy alpha battle system and "Generic Animu Garbage" designs where girls wear pretty dresses to combat and guys wear full clothes with oversized swords.

I mean... sure, I love the look of the other Valkyria games, but I don't really mind them taking on part of the series name to make a spinoff that might have more sale appeal with a buying public. Spinoff + Eventually continuation of a main saga is better than Nothing at all, as we dream about what could be. Though the feel of Sega making Spinoffs of an RPG series, rather than growing the main series, is far, far, Phar too familiar...

I myself am always one that is much more for melee combat than gunplay, so I'm easily looking forward to it.

Would you be happy or upset with a KOF Xtreme beach volleyball game :p

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Would you be happy or upset with a KOF Xtreme beach volleyball game :p

Depends on how it's done, honestly. I'd have given these a chance in English:

days-m.jpg
daysofmemories2a.jpg

As much as I love Pixels, I also love Maximum Impact series in it's own way. And I own KoF Skystage, lol. Spinoffs and "WHY ARE YOU DOING SOMETHING TO MY SERIES I DIDN'T ASK FOR!?!?" are things I can live with... as long as it's not what happened to Valis! (TT_TT)

I think "Survival mode" side products can bring something nice and unexpected to a series. My fear is not that they exist, but that they overtake the main series, or have little to no respect for them at all.

Levyne

Banned

The gameplay still looks stellar to me, but yea, it does seem a little bit more "anime", but the original was extremely anime also.

We will likely never see it localized anyway.

Line_HTX

I'm sure much has changed since the awful demo. Plus I thought the TGS story trailer looked pretty neat. Hoping the combat gets changed from the demo as well.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
The gameplay still looks stellar to me, but yea, it does seem a little bit more "anime", but the original was extremely anime also.

We will likely never see it localized anyway.

I enjoyed what I saw of the gameplay, for how early it was. It was a good start. There really are times daily on GAF when I feel people try too hard to be negative. And it all sounds SO SIMILAR. It's like reading 1 guys comments behind different avatars OVER and OVER, heh.

I... really hope we see it. With as much as a dumping ground as PC and Steam have become for surprisingly-very-Japanese games, I hope they serve their purpose here, and make the idea of western localization profitable enough to release.

I'm sure much has changed since the awful demo. Plus I thought the TGS story trailer looked pretty neat. Hoping the combat gets changed from the demo as well.

The preview with the 2.0 demo build sounds like it's on the right track. Even at that early state, I'm sure I'd have more fun with it than I had with any modern Mass Effect games combat...

Between Valkyria, Nioh, and even FFXV demos, I rather like seeing JP devs getting into early release / open to feedback previews like this.

Mizerman

I guess in their logic, they believe TF2 would siphon shooter fans not interested in this years COD or BF.

Not sure how that would work, though.

Blue Dragon and Mega Man Star Force seem to be the only ones have had video game origins.

Those are from back when Toonami was struggling to hang on and airing mostly whatever CN said "here air this" correct? That era of cn/toonami was basically unknown outside of what DeMarco and Gill say on their weekly show.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It's a bummer that the few movies that I want to actually see in theaters are only shown in towns that're about an hour away from me, & I just don't feel like spending 2 hours on the road & the gas money to see something that's shorter than the time I'm spending driving.

Also guessing/hoping this b-day, I'll finally be able to afford that damn 64GB Vita memory card. Just hope I can sell the 32GB to make some money back.

Seda

Reading over one of the Jojo threads and other people who have actually watched the dub (and not judging solely from 1st impressions of a 20 second YouTube clip): general impressions seem to be that it is more than serviceable, maybe not every character sticks the landing but is a solid enough dub. The other DVD problems kinda clouded the discussion of actual dub quality. Removal of wrrryyyy and Muda might be a deal breaker for some.

From what I've seen, JYB Jojo is so-so but I dig Speedwagons voice. It's very appropriately corny imo.

PURE EVEEL

*looks at his own plan for the rest of the year*

1. Fap about.
2. Try to avoid feelings of existential crisis.

Yeah, I'm doing alright this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom