• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Aug/Sep16| NUDE GIRLS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarate

Banned
I would have issues with the move to 12 if our opening to the block was the hour 90 minute slow release ambien of Attack on Titan-Bleach-Naruto, but right now the block is fine- I hate OPM but understand that basically everyone else loved it, and IBO will soon be over- so this is not a sign of concern for me.

Bigkrev confirmed for Bassforever alt

Seda

The only way I could possibly see it not being One Punch Man is if the price negotiations with Viz were high enough that Toonami only got the go ahead to air it once or something.

I would have issues with the move to 12 if our opening to the block was the hour 90 minute slow release ambien of Attack on Titan-Bleach-Naruto, but right now the block is fine- I hate OPM but understand that basically everyone else loved it, and IBO will soon be over- so this is not a sign of concern for me.

I'm so glad I'm not the only person here who doesn't like OPM *high 5*

Seda

Previous One Punch Man episode:

I liked the silly overdramatic scene with Mumen Rider. It came across as aware and poking fun at melodrama, and the music was appropriately sappy.

The rest of the episode was just okay. I didn't really feel anything with Sea King's defeat. Not much of a hook to it.

Regiruler

It's less of an effect after the first watch, but there is the "superman syndrome" of what could happen before the main character arrives. The Sea King battle is the result of removing Saitama from a situation and seeing how quickly it can get out of control without him.

Granted, it's somewhat moot once I realized
One goes to some pretty large lengths to not kill protagonists.

bigkrev

I'm a big fan of the OPM manga. I just don't think it works well as a TV show.

The whole thing with the OPM manga is all of this opulent art and buildup and everything, and then the fight is over in one punch. There are chapters that take less than a minute to read because it's just giant art spreads over and over again. This is not something that works well in a 22 minute episode of TV.

Also, its way harder to avoid the "comedy" in the TV show, which is far and away the worst part of the manga.

BBboy20

2826394_1340657703802.11res_372_363.jpg

Moaradin

I like the OPM anime but it adapts all the best parts of the manga. The manga kinda goes downhill right after the anime stuff is over.

Webcomic is still pretty good though.

Man, what stealth games ask of gamers now compared to what they used to ask of them is pretty wide gulf.

It may sound like I'm criticizing modern stealth games, but honestly some of the things in classic stealth games are absurd. Why can't I run in disguise in Hitman 2? What is so alarming about a postman running?

Chase17

Man, what stealth games ask of gamers now compared to what they used to ask of them is pretty wide gulf.

It may sound like I'm criticizing modern stealth games, but honestly some of the things in classic stealth games are absurd. Why can't I run in disguise in Hitman 2? What is so alarming about a postman running?

Have you ever seen a postman run? Dead giveaway.

Unless they are running from a dog.

*modern stealth game*

*hitman 2*

Pick one, or is 2002 modern for you?

Disguises in Hitman 2 barely work in a way that's INCREDIBLY frustrating and honestly just not fun at all, even if it does appear to be intentional (albeit super fucking finicky).

Hitman Contracts is where they lighten up on the disguise limitations and consequently it's when the series actually got good.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I have no problem with OPM as a manga or anime at this point. Both are a loose excuse to let really talented artist show off their skills within a story. There's art to the animation that feels much too good and serious for our hero and themes... just like with the manga.

Clearly a favorite part of Toonami lately, as 1 half of the show is usually enough to say "I watched OPM!" the rest is just a bonus.

If anything currently leaves me feeling lukewarm by the end (within the newer, headlining shows), it's still HxH. I like most of IBO's designs, so even if the episode is meh, I enjoy the art enough for that to make up for it. HxH doesn't really have many I'm too fond of on their own... or at least nothing that feel exceptional. I don't remember having this issue with YYH... Botan was cute, Yusuke seemed simple but properly so for his personality, and Kuwabara was THE MAN, of course. Even if I always thought Hiei was a Sorta-Vegeta, I still felt him unique enough on his own to be cool.

Toonami is being shifted back to Midnight again starting October 1st.

I actually don't mind this. I still think it's 3:30 everytime Toonami ends, and am surprised it's only 3:00. I'm just glad we're not suddenly losing a show... that would suck.

Adult Swim lost their first hour again to CN, so Toonami is being shifted back as a side-effect.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Looks like there's some quick teasers for the live-action GitS movie. Still unsure what to make of it.

Also need to figure out if I can use a gift card towards a pre-paid card. Got $25 via special employee dinner on Monday, but figured since I didn't get much else for my b-day today, should just get a PSN or eShop card so I can get a digital game or so (perhaps wait for PSN sales or put the eShop funds towards AA6) to treat myself.

Disguises in Hitman 2 barely work in a way that's INCREDIBLY frustrating and honestly just not fun at all, even if it does appear to be intentional (albeit super fucking finicky).

Hitman Contracts is where they lighten up on the disguise limitations and consequently it's when the series actually got good.

Yeah, Hitman 2 is best left to memory if you've played it, and if you haven't, you're better off just starting at Contracts. Most of the Hitman games suffer from just odd glitches and game oddities, but Hitman 2 is perhaps the most random odd stealth game I've ever played. If a person is moving, you can't sneak on them, because your sneaking speed can't match a person's natural movement speed. Sometimes guards will just randomly ask for your id for no apparent reason, and there's no escaping an alarm then unless you kill them. In missions with moving vehicles, sometimes a random guard will get run over, and the game will assume you killed him. Guards will sometimes walk through doors and walls. If spotted in an area where you're not supposed to be, you can try to run out of the guarded area, but that sometimes results in a guard following you for the entire level.

*modern stealth game*

*hitman 2*

Pick one, or is 2002 modern for you?

You see, here's the thing tho. Hitman 2 isn't a good game, but you can blow through it. You can beat the average mission is like 10 minutes, and there are only 20 missions. I'm on 17.

Might as well finish it.

You see, here's the thing tho. Hitman 2 isn't a good game, but you can blow through it. You can beat the average mission is like 10 minutes, and there are only 20 missions. I'm on 17.

Might as well finish it.

There is this concept called sunken cost and opporunity cost, a sunk cost is how much you've already invested in something and shouldn't impact your decision going forward. An opportunity cost is how much you could make if you took a different direction from your current one. What I'm saying is if you think almost anything else would deliver more fun in the same time it would take to finish hitman 2 you should do almost anything else with that free time since your timed is a limited resource.

Jarate

Banned
There is this concept called sunken cost and opporunity cost, a sunk cost is how much you've already invested in something and shouldn't impact your decision going forward. An opportunity cost is how much you could make if you took a different direction from your current one. What I'm saying is if you think almost anything else would deliver more fun in the same time it would take to finish hitman 2 you should do almost anything else with that free time since your timed is a limited resource.

Jokes on you I'd rather shitpost then spend my time logically

Jarate

Banned
Someone was banned for an eerily similar post (in a totally unrelated thread) literally nine minutes ago.

(it was a much more serious thread but I find it amusing)

Shitposting is getting persecuted Seda, its up too us to make sure that shitposters everywhere have a space to shit.

Jarate

Banned
Also, in regards to completing games series and playing them in order, the issue is is that many of us game because we are completionist assholes and need to get everything from a series.

Its not logical at all, but it would piss off that little part in our brains that makes us illogical

brb adding this quote to your file

You can arrest me, but you'll never arrest my spirit!

(Also I've been searching for the permaban gif, does anyone have it on file)

Seda

tSX45o6.gif

I usually play games in release order and I don't like to skip entries, haha. When 7th Dragon 3 was announced for localization - I even decided to import the first 3 games and play them in Japanese beforehand.

Not that I never skip or play out of order, but, I like to see how series evolve and change 'chronologically' over their lifetimes.

Ray Down

Banned
Minor spoiler

at one point kiba states his dream was to become hokage.

I had to drop the manga for a minute I was laughing too hard.

Hell:
He's infinite illusion moon eye dream is him being Hokage and creating a Holiday named, Dog Day....

Then in the final chapter I swear he still talking shit about the hokage.

Thats his life, talking shit, getting jobbed and dogs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom