• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Aug/Sep16| NUDE GIRLS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
JsYFuu1.gif

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Considering we've still got over a year until it's suppose to hit, kind of wonder how far they've gotten with production if they've started voice overs.

Assuming this is for FLCL the only thing I can guess is that they plan to Akira it and have the animations matches the lips as closely as possible so they're doing the recording now.

BBboy20

I think people are overreacting in the same way they overreacted to Federation Force (and continue to do so).

I haven't played MGSV though so the fact that's based on it mechanically is not a draw for me (yet?).
It's more of the bigger picture then this itself. Pile in all the shit Konami has been revealed about, their recent actions, zombie genre shoehorning now reaching a super over-saturated point, the passion one has for Metal Gear and you get this result. You know shit's bad when Space of Duty is still relying on zombies instead of aliens (which they did before!).

"Survive" would have not gotten the reception if it really was a co-op expansion pack but with survival mechanics from Snake Eater but fully realized but no, creative bankruptcy ends up being afoot with what is probably the most generic presentation possible.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
It's obvious what Kari Wahlgren is recording.
Wonderful 102 baby!

Wow, I never saw Escaflowne so I never knew how amazing it looked. Another 90's show that aged well.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The first dub was wretched egg. I love dubs, even some bad ones, and could barely stand Escaflowne. The last time I watched it years ago I remember that it was so bad I turned it off so I could go do my taxes, something I was dreading that year because I worked like three independent contracting jorbs.

This is sounding so good. Really looking forward to getting my hands on this.

Very happy I backed this

You and me both, Bass.

The first dub was wretched egg. I love dubs, even some bad ones, and could barely stand Escaflowne. The last time I watched it years ago I remember that it was so bad I turned it off so I could go do my taxes, something I was dreading that year because I worked like three independent contracting jobs.

Even though the redub is looking to blow the original dub out of the water, I'll always hold a soft spot for the Ocean dub. I'll admit that feeling comes largely from nostalgia but I do genuinely feel that the Ocean dub does mostly hold up today. Certainly better than some other dubs that came out at the same time.

IB4Nostalgiahasblindedyou

Man God

Non-Canon Member
This is sounding so good. Really looking forward to getting my hands on this.

You and me both, Bass.

Even though the redub is looking to blow the original dub out of the water, I'll always hold a soft spot for the Ocean dub. I'll admit that feeling comes largely from nostalgia but I do genuinely feel that the Ocean dub does mostly hold up today. Certainly better than some other dubs that came out at the same time.

IB4Nostalgiahasblindedyou

I love most Ocean Dubs. Can't stand Escaflowne. Think it is T-rash.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
*reads Bleach final chapter spoilers*

Oh man, I wish I was at home to find an appropriate gif, because maaaaannnn I had a good laugh at certain parts.
Especially at the shipping part which will probably get a reaction from more hardcore fans

zulux21

Oh man, I wish I was at home to find an appropriate gif, because maaaaannnn I had a good laugh at certain parts.
Especially at the shipping part which will probably get a reaction from more hardcore fans

you got me to read them.
I was pleasantly surprised at the ending :p now I just need to watch the second half of the anime and read the manga :p

Mizerman

I can imagine.

Ash's opponent in the finals was Alain, who's a member of Team Flare, and the next few episodes involve Team Flare attacking everyone. The story progression was almost certainly going to be "Ash loses to Alain in the tournament, but beats him when it really matters".
Watch Ash still lose to Alain, and Alain has a change of heart and stops Team Flare's plan himself

Man God

Non-Canon Member
BREAKING NEWS: Ash Ketchum is being replaced next season marvel style by an entirely new character taking over the mantle.

jUSZ8Eq.png

Crocodile

• FLCL2 is not recording its voices yet LOL. C'mon guys
  • Bleach ending was bullshit but the manga has been garbo for a while
  • Kalos finale was also bullshit. The rival literally shonen-hearted his way to victory :/
I feel both Metroid fans and MGS fans have a right to be irked for different reasons.

I love me some Metroid/Samus but even I have to admit the fanbase has become unreasonably salty for a while now.

• FLCL2 is not recording its voices yet LOL. C'mon guys
  • Bleach ending was bullshit but the manga has been garbo for a while
  • Kalos finale was also bullshit. The rival literally shonen-hearted his way to victory :/

I love me some Metroid/Samus but even I have to admit the fanbase has become unreasonably salty for a while now.

Can you blame them though? In the past 5 years all they've gotten is other M which is universally panned and a spin off that while probably fun is not the only game that should have celebrated Metroid's anniversary. Yes the people sending death threats are going to far but I think most people have a right to be upset at Nintendo's handling of the situation.

The only way I don't agree with their anger is over Nintendo C&D on the Metroid 2 Fan Remake. Nintendo handled it the best possible way they could as a corportation (ignored it till it was out then sent the c&d). Esepcially when the free metroid 2 remake is in conflict with their paid metroid spin off game coming out soon.

Also lets not hivemind all metroid fans the same way we shouldn't hivemind all of GAF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom