• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Aug/Sep16| NUDE GIRLS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
jXWQ133.gif

Seda

Alright it's that time of the month. Only I'm doing things a little differently.

Time to pick my Avatar until September 1st. Updated rules are as follows.

1. Must be properly formatted.
2. Must not get me banned. No nudity. Nothing racist/sexist/against TOS of this site in general.
3. The best submission that is posted here between now and the beginning of Family Guy on Saturday Night right before TOONAMI will be chosen and used for the rest of the month.

mgEafUK.png

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Back from a comic convention. Weak haul today, compared to the last one I went to at least.

Surprising amount of One Piece stuff. I guess it's finally catching on in the states.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpcSPcZrPx0

Okay, so the full Toonami Showdown ranking for 2012 is up on Youtube, complete with timestamps if you wanna see the arguments for each ranking on this list (plus the downloadable audio version I linked earlier). A few things to note: we counted Ghost in the Shell as one show, and we counted shows in their entirety, so for example early Bleach and the remainder of Naruto were considered.

This list is the result of us five coming to a consensus rather than any actual voting. As a result, the list is reflective of what different people were passionate (or not) about and what compromises we were all willing to make to create a list that reflects everyone's thoughts in some way.

Anyway, here's a screen cap of the list as it looks at the end of 2012:

odZ2HCk.png

Jarate

Banned
Back from a comic convention. Weak haul today, compared to the last one I went to at least.

Surprising amount of One Piece stuff. I guess it's finally catching on in the states.

One Piece has always had a good niche community. With their far superior intellect due to their anime preference. Therefore, the fanbase has money due to their superior taste and intellect and can support that franchise

Mizerman

As long as you had fun. I bet you practiced one of their signature laughs along the way.

I misread that as "four years ago". lol

Imagine re-living the lineup from 2012.

Speaking of which...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpcSPcZrPx0

Okay, so the full Toonami Showdown ranking for 2012 is up on Youtube, complete with timestamps if you wanna see the arguments for each ranking on this list (plus the downloadable audio version I linked earlier). A few things to note: we counted Ghost in the Shell as one show, and we counted shows in their entirety, so for example early Bleach and the remainder of Naruto were considered.

This list is the result of us five coming to a consensus rather than any actual voting. As a result, the list is reflective of what different people were passionate (or not) about and what compromises we were all willing to make to create a list that reflects everyone's thoughts in some way.

Anyway, here's a screen cap of the list as it looks at the end of 2012:

odZ2HCk.png

Noooicccce!

We had a pretty amusing fight about where InuYasha goes on the list. I think what ultimately hurt Eureka Seven is that none of us particularly enjoy the first half of that show and we had a lot more fun with the relaxed, old school vibe InuYasha gives off.

I fought for Casshern over Samurai 7 but no one was having it.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Code:
01. Cowboy Bebop
02. Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
03. Psalms of Planets Eureka Seven
04. Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood
05. Inuyasha
06. Naruto
07. Casshern Sins
08. Deadman Wonderland
09. Sym Bionic Titan
10. Bleach
11. Samurai 7
12. Tenchi Muyo  GXP
13. Thundercats

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Good God, this thread. I hope you guys aren't like some of the people in this thread.

Some people are just assholes. Other people have been driven temporarily mad by being in love, and having that shattered can bring out the nastiest tendencies in people. If you've ever fallen deeply in love and had that pulled out from under you you'll know this feeling. I've been on the receiving end of someone going nuts after breaking up with them.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
SBT is a couple of good episodes, a couple of boring episodes, and one great episode. It's well done, but nothing special. Might have become something good if it had kept going but it doesn't live up to its potential.

Same sort of people who love this love Firefly for the same reasons. People love rooting for underdogs when they are done by someone they really like when they fail.

Raxus

I think you aren't giving firefly and SBT a fair shake. Though I do agree it is all about potential and the fact it really came into its own at the end before getting the axe. I'd rank it lower for the same reason as well. Still it was a really fun group watch along with DMW.

Seda

Eureka Seven is weird. I don't quite like the first several episodes and I don't quite like the last several episodes, but the middle is pretty good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom