• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Aug14| Melodrama Marathon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gorillaz

but what about

giphy.gif

so deep, so...so noir

I'm feeling as intellectual as a college freshman who only has 2 weeks of pysch 101 under their belt.

It's too bad because while Toriko has this very big hump to get over from the "this concept is dumb and this world makes no sense" once you get past it the series really is pretty awesome... it just takes awhile to get there

Moaradin

It's too bad because while Toriko has this very big hump to get over from the "this concept is dumb and this world makes no sense" once you get past it the series really is pretty awesome... it just takes awhile to get there

The anime looked lame and I never got interested back when it was being pushed really hard, but apparently it was a bad adaption.

The anime looked lame and I never got interested back when it was being pushed really hard, but apparently it was a bad adaption.

It was, I should have specified I was talking about the manga. I'm going to take a wild guess and assume that Jump is gonna start pushing World Trigger to be their next big shonen fight series this fall.

i'd have given it a look if people didn't scare me away from the anime. i'm not really a big manga guy.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Buy14apIQAATB5N.jpg

He had such good taste in anime. :____:

Man, he really was the greatest.

It's a light-hearted episode in the Leaf village that reintroduces characters, with some silly interactions. Definitely the type of episode Man God has an affinity for.

I like those best too. Naruto's always been at it's best when it focused on it's great cast. It's too bad Kishi had to take a plot heavy approach.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
It was, I should have specified I was talking about the manga. I'm going to take a wild guess and assume that Jump is gonna start pushing World Trigger to be their next big shonen fight series this fall.

It's being made by Toei so... it's going to likely be a bad adaptation.
From what little I saw of WT, there's a lot of limb dismemberment so... yeah.

It's funny, I wonder how history would have changed if any other anime company had gotten both DB/Z and One Piece, literally the two biggest anime of all time ended up in Toei's lap.

Also it's not like the Toriko manga is flawless, some of it's early art is god awful

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
It's funny, I wonder how history would have changed if any other anime company had gotten both DB/Z and One Piece, literally the two biggest anime of all time ended up in Toei's lap.

Also it's not like the Toriko manga is flawless, some of it's early art is god awful

Yeaaah, that's pretty Liefeld-ian. Thankfully, his art has gotten better.
You really want to see bad? Look up his first manga, Seikimatsu Leader den Takeshi.

Fun fact: Seikimatsu Leader den Takeshi began serialization in Jump one week before One Piece did. They were essentially running at the same time.

LOLDSFAN

Steroids.

Not even once.

MikeMyers

Super Moon Sailor Moon Mondays: Sailor Moon Episode 27:

Ah yes, the single episode love interests, one of the most reliable wastes of time for a plotline I encounter. Really, it boils down to an asking for an emotional investment that you know isn't going to see a proper payoff, but I guess they got to fill the space somehow. That being said seeing Ami get any attention in the matters of love is a very rare sight in of itself and since it was one the level of a one way crush, it was actually a bit compelling. That being said this was a dead average episode with little in the way to make it stand out.
Also, I will never get used to seeing Mamoru and Rei being a couple, this is just too odd on too many levels.
I will also say that this arc has consistently had the worst monster designs the show has seen yet, right out of the bargain basement of the Power Rangers thus far. Anyway, the story advances a little since we more or less have a progress bar on things now. Still, this is an episode you can take or leave.

Super Moon Sailor Moon Mondays: Sailor Moon Episode 28:

Yep, we have certainly arrived at the formula slog, although the romantic portents this time around are actually important to the show since they involve
getting Mamoru and Usagi together ever so slowly. Also, the painting seen are actually window into the past with King Endyrmon and Queen Serenity. We also learn that Tuxedo Mask is going to be more of a wild card for the arc, bent on owning the silver crystal for his own devices.
Also, oh hey, it is a monster design that doesn't suck. Once again a pretty typical episode but this one has a bit more bearing on the overarching plot, so if you do watch one episode today this would be the one.

More importantly, they finally fixed "You'll Be Punished" to "I'll Punish You"

Jarate

Banned
Toriko has a really good dub though. And it also has an absolutely awesome opening song.

Im hoping that they put Black Lagoon with Hajime No Ippo or something like Mags XLR

Articalys

On my morning train to work and there's a guy sitting about three seats away who's watching FMA:B episodes on his tablet. Doesn't look like the kind of guy you'd think would watch the show either.

bigkrev

That's quite a bit of Toonami to catch up on. You can probably skip over any BtB or Blue Exorcist you have in there though, unless you like being bored to death or driven to the edge of insanity.

Edit: Be careful out there this morning. This thread might end up becoming a bloodbath: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=872876

Interest RISING
it makes total sense, as it would die a death on PS4 to Uncharted in the same window. I'll enjoy it Summer 2016

daveo42

Banned
Interest RISING
it makes total sense, as it would die a death on PS4 to Uncharted in the same window. I'll enjoy it Summer 2016

It a way it does make sense not to go up against UC4 on the PS4, but the way they went about revealing info about the game and the "exclusivity" with Microsoft isn't doing either company any favors. They should have either gone head-to-head with Sony or just waited on a release if they were really worried about Uncharted.

Out of the whole thing, the best news was that it wasn't exclusive, even if SE or CD refuse to say that it is going multiplatform.

Cwarrior

Well they would still caking it from fist of the north star,saint seyia,slam dunk,digimon,dr slump,sailor moon,precure and kindachi case files.

It's no coincidence Toei has so ma ny huge hits, they know how make hits, for example right now 4 out of 10 of the highest rated anime in Japan are from Toei (one piece, dbz kai,kindachi returns & precure).

Dbz & one piece would of been hits without Toei but I doubt they would of had mega popular successful anime on the level they've had without Toei.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Uh oh, rouge pop-up ad again.

& I'm reminded that I should check out the One Piece & Toriko crossover episodes one of these days, even if I haven't seen Toriko.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
It's a light-hearted episode in the Leaf village that reintroduces characters, with some silly interactions. Definitely the type of episode Man God has an affinity for.
I also have a affinty for such episodes, theres nothing like character interaction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom