• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Aug14| Melodrama Marathon

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigkrev

They were talking about spamming the forum in irc or something. IIRC, a lot of people including ones that did nothing got banned before anyone even started posting threads. Obviously animegaf isn't planning to do anything like that, but it still feels like a purge could happen at any time.

In other news, Tenumi's twitter is getting more depressing. Seda, you should at least bring this up on the mod board/chat. Don't need to be more confrontational than that. Let the others talk it out. At the very least inform EL that Tenumi is a girl so he understands how insulting that ban message is.

Guys, there is a reason that mods aren't discussing this in the open, and instead are acting like adults and voicing their concerns in private.

Please don't make it any more awkward than it needs to be

bigkrev

Speaking of general attrition rates in this thread, it's getting really hard for me to stay up late and watch stuff. The Bleach/Naruto unwatchable hour is a big part of this, but at this point, i'm 26, and if I'm staying up super late, it's because I'm out, not because I'm watching TV. I'm not in college anymore, I'm not always staying up late.

Not surprised in the least that people are leaving the thread for non-banning reasons. We grow up!

Speaking of general attrition rates in this thread, it's getting really hard for me to stay up late and watch stuff. The Bleach/Naruto unwatchable hour is a big part of this, but at this point, i'm 26, and if I'm staying up super late, it's because I'm out, not because I'm watching TV. I'm not in college anymore, I'm not always staying up late.

Not surprised in the least that people are leaving the thread for non-banning reasons. We grow up!

Good thing space dandy is in between bleach and Naruto then :p

Yup. Totally agree here. I can barely stay up for Black Lagoon anymore. I have to catch it the next morning. 2:30 for GL is probably gonna be the latest that I'll stay up anymore because I going back to school soon and that means as much sleep as necessary for the workload I'm about to take on again.

Plus in between Dandy and AoT and One Piece, there are these shoes that I honestly couldn't give two craps about and when its that late, I just wanna sleep.

bigkrev

What I'm saying is that Toonami should go back to being an after school block that airs from 4-6, so it's ending around the time I come home from work

Crocodile

I've found Dandy unwatchable lately as well. These different art styles are 2stoned4me

I can understand not liking a thing but calling it "stoner" art/comedy is kind of disrespectful (especially when we have stuff on the same channel for comparison that you can describe in such a way)

Gorillaz

Same boat for the most part. Being in retail heading to the holidays im not sure if I will hang with the block much in the future :/

Bio-Frost

What I'm saying is that Toonami should go back to being an after school block that airs from 4-6, so it's ending around the time I come home from work

I would hate that. Going back to super edited anime on toonami does not sound appealing. Plus cartoon network has been going away from action so that time slot would just be sending toonami back to it's death.

As for "growing up" and not staying up late, that should not be used as such a broad statement. That would be the same of saying"I dont play games anymore because ive grown up"

Edit: I do get what you mean when you say going out if you are staying up late but not everyone fall's into that same area. I'd much stay in with my fiancee and watch toonami that go out to some bar with people.

Still stay up and I still watch as much as I can (tap out around 4 a.m.).

I lurk here when I have a moment but I can't keep up with the thread, especially after a Saturday. I just gave up awhile ago.

Seda

I said this before but Saturday nights actually work best for me. Most other days I work until 7ish or so, including Saturday recently.

Probably wouldn't be able to watch if it was at another time, to be honest.

I think a weeknight 8-10 block would be good considering a lot of the stuff is TV-14 or around it. Of course that's also prime time, so it would never happen.

daveo42

Banned
Saturday night works the best for me usually, unless I have weekend plans. Anything in the afternoon/evening during the week and I'd constantly be on catch up. I think the Saturday block works the best.

Some shows would benefit from airing during in the afternoons during the week, mainly One Piece and Naruto at the moment.

bigkrev

I'm really feeling like an idiot right now, i got a Ps4 this early pretty much for PP, could have upgraded my GPU instead. The new PC NBA 2k is even equal to the Ps4/One versions.

I want to play Uncharted, and I want to play Ryse: Daughter of Tomb Raider, so owning consoles is important to me

ckohler

Thanks, man! It's great to be so loved. I'm just gonna have a small party with my family btw. Pizza and wings, baby.

Happy Bday!

That was pretty cool. Animation looks great and I like the way it was edited.

Gurren Lagann on Saturday! ..

rccP96V.png

LOLDSFAN

Please stop, guys. Don't leave us. Especially not on such an important day.

Happy birthday!!!

tumblr_inline_n1e1j0Di4E1qj15eu.gif

Oh boy, Shadow just got in touch with me over Skype, he too is perma-banned. Something about him not liking the forum.
Whaaaaaaat??? We're losing everyone! These bans our tearing us apart. D:

Yeah #BringAriseToToonami. That trailer was really good.

Meh I've never liked that excuse. It has nothing to do with "growing up". It has everything to do with a person's interests and priorities changing. I mean even Robin Williams was apparently an anime and videogame fan and he was in his 60's before he passed away.

Jarate

Banned
I don't want to get people's hopes up for this thread, and i'd also don't want to turn this into a thread of whining about our members being banned

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=125231531&postcount=556

but this was posted by bish and could be a cryptic message about a certain pony lover on Tonnami thread.

Also, if ya'll want the history of Rock Band gaf, throw me a PM or ask me, im not one of the original members, but i was there for a while and did watch as shit went down.

But anyway, GL hype guys, who here is going to be watching it for the first time?

Takashi

Happy birthday Schadenfreude.
thought I posted last night but internet was going slow and the post probably didn't go though

But anyway, GL hype guys, who here is going to be watching it for the first time?

I will be. Pretty hyped for it. :)

Though a long time ago I think I might've spoiled a pretty big thing about it. I was reading some stuff and they went on to talk about a certain episode. Though I was just skimming through and didn't read it fully, so I could be wrong (hopefully).

Jarate

Banned
I will be. Pretty hyped for it. :)

Though a long time ago I think I might've spoiled a pretty big thing about it. I was reading some stuff and they went on to talk about a certain episode. Though I was just skimming through and didn't read it fully, so I could be wrong (hopefully).

Don't worry about that spoiler, while it's super shocking when it first happens, it's pretty early on in the show.

I think GL is pretty spoiler proof, even if i gave you the entire plot of the show, detailed out, watching it go down is such a different experience.

GL is one of the best animated shows ever conceived. It does so many things right, that it's just so fun. I could do a right up about this show, but I guess I'll wait about 5-6 months for that

I think we had about...5 people(?) who either never saw it or only saw a few episodes.

Myself
Levyne
Seda
H-Town
GMN

Off the top of my head I know these 5 have either only seen bits and pieces or nothing, I know there were more but can't remember off hand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom