• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Aug14| Melodrama Marathon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Takashi

Don't worry about that spoiler, while it's super shocking when it first happens, it's pretty early on in the show.

I think GL is pretty spoiler proof, even if i gave you the entire plot of the show, detailed out, watching it go down is such a different experience.

GL is one of the best animated shows ever conceived. It does so many things right, that it's just so fun. I could do a right up about this show, but I guess I'll wait about 5-6 months for that

Glad to hear I shouldn't stress about that spoiler. I was worried it would severely lessen the impact of the entire show.

The whole series sounds amazing. Gurren Lagann and Kill la Kill have been compared numerous times, with some people even thinking of KLK as a poor man's Gurren Lagann. But I thought Kill la Kill was pretty good fwiw, so at the least I'm expecting GL to be a very fun ride.

What am I chopped liver?

I forgot Takashi as well, I just know for sure as Levyne and Seda haven't seen anything, GMN said multiple times awhile back he hadn't seen it, and H-Town was asking about it once it was announced as he'd never seen it either. Sorry no hard feelings

You havent seen it??

I've seen the first 10 episodes, then my buddy borrowed it, and now it sits on my shelf waiting for me to finish it...

Jarate

Banned
Glad to hear I shouldn't stress about that spoiler. I was worried it would severely lessen the impact of the entire show.

The whole series sounds amazing. Gurren Lagann and Kill la Kill have been compared numerous times, with some people even thinking of KLK as a poor man's Gurren Lagann. But I thought Kill la Kill was pretty good fwiw, so at the least I'm expecting GL to be a very fun ride.

Kill La Kill is like a well done t-bone that you get from Chile's compared to Gurren Lagann

But now im prolly gonna overhype people

There are some here who might not like the show I guess, but I don't think it's wrong to call those people monsters.

Jarate

Banned
Wait you own it?
Isnt it ridiculously expensive

The Blu Ray is ludicrously expensive, but im sure that there are cheaper alternatives IE DVD's, although im not sure

I watched it through Netflix and still remember how I blew through that show. Twin Peaks and GL where like 3-4 days of watching.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

Kill la Kill is of the same DNA as Gurren Lagann, but as much as I liked KLK, it's the vastly inferior of the two.

Apparently, the 13th arc dub of Fairy Tail will feature a voice actor from Rooster Teeth.

Didn't know FUNi could do that.

Guys, I think Toonami should get Fai-

*shot*

Jarate

Banned
One day I'll finish a good audio demo and I'll become a famous VA!

I just need to not be a super perfectionist and just get stuff done, but I'm my own worst critic sometimes ;_;

Seda

mt1mvxL.png

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Are u airin dbz yet demarco?

-XxTrunks420xX
AND IT BETTER BE SUBZ OR ELSE RIOT.

& holy crap, Libera Me from Hell has been stuck in my head for a few days now.....just a shame it takes a while for the song to appear in the series.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
there is something hilarious about this but I don't know what yet

These shots are from the finale of Naruto. They are basically back to back and it comes from Ino admitting to Sakura that this medical ninja thing is a good idea and asking her to put in a good word to Lady Tsunade. Sakura immediately starts shit talking about how she'll be the junior member and those facial reactions are from that scene. They crack me the fuck up which is why I use them from time to time.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Man, I've got no luck with girls these days. I get a number, call her up for a date and she's already got a boyfriend. Story of my life the last few months, it's more funny than anything else.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Man, I've got no luck with girls these days. I get a number, call her up for a date and she's already got a boyfriend. Story of my life the last few months, it's more funny than anything else.

Do you have a tortured past and can you act like there's nothing in the world you care less for than whomever you're speaking to? If so you can get all the giant forehead girls you want!

Gorillaz

ehhhh

where did you get the number at and how was the lead up to it?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Why did my mind go to Persona 4 Golden? That had an event similar to that where Yosuke calls a girl's number that he got & the boyfriend answered.

...at least you've had SOME luck with girls. Any one of you guys got some spare luck I could use?

At least you have gotten numbers, I haven't had a date in like 4 years :X

bigkrev

...why is she giving you her phone number in that context then?!?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
ehhhh

where did you get the number at and how was the lead up to it?

Ehh, I was at a thing covering an event. We got to talking, went for coffee after, she laughed at all my jokes, when we were heading for the subway I asked if she wanted to hang out again and she gives me her number without any other prompting. I usually do better with girls, just been having a string of bad luck ever since my last breakup.

...why is she giving you her phone number in that context then?!?

The call was a little more complicated than that, she wants to hang out again just not in a date setting.

Why did my mind go to Persona 4 Golden? That had an event similar to that where Yosuke calls a girl's number that he got & the boyfriend answered.

That sounds amazing, I can just imagine it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom