• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Aug14| Melodrama Marathon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Ehh, I was at a thing covering an event. We got to talking, went for coffee after, she laughed at all my jokes, when we were heading for the subway I asked if she wanted to hang out again and she gives me her number without any other prompting. I usually do better with girls, just been having a string of bad luck ever since my last breakup.

LeatmoR.gif

Moaradin

...why is she giving you her phone number in that context then?!?

This shit happens all the time. A lot of girls literally would rather tell you off on the phone or by text rather than in person. It's a giant waste of time but they think it's easier.

Has happened to me a few times.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
This shit happens all the time. A lot of girls literally would rather tell you off on the phone or by text rather than in person. It's a giant waste of time but they think it's easier.

Wow, that...sounds kind of cruel. Way to get a man's hopes up, thinking there's a woman out there who likes him for who he is, flaws & all, only to have your dreams crushed.

Gorillaz

Ehh, I was at a thing covering an event. We got to talking, went for coffee after, she laughed at all my jokes, when we were heading for the subway I asked if she wanted to hang out again and she gives me her number without any other prompting. I usually do better with girls, just been having a string of bad luck ever since my last breakup.
Alright you got magpied. You got her number which is good.

The call was a little more complicated than that, she wants to hang out again just not in a date setting.

you can use this to have her hook you up with one of her single friends, there is always at least one and she can help you out with that alot

Crocodile

Wow, that...sounds kind of cruel. Way to get a man's hopes up, thinking there's a woman out there who likes him for who he is, flaws & all, only to have your dreams crushed.

I get that sentiment but what I've come to learn over time is that even though I assume everybody in this thread is smart and decent enough to understand when no means no and take it in stride, way too many douchebags out there don't and women have to be aware of them. It's super annoying from my and your perspective but I increasingly understand and sympathize with them doing it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I get that sentiment but what I've come to learn over time is that even though I assume everybody in this thread is smart and decent enough to understand when no means no and take it in stride, way too many douchebags out there don't and women have to be aware of them. It's super annoying from my and your perspective but I increasingly understand and sympathize with them doing it.
I guess that's understandable, depending on the situation/people.

Regiruler

Why is there such an awful song as the OP title?

For such a metal series/movies, the soundtrack definitely wasn't metal.
Mine is the old Bandai dvd box set which was $20-30 iirc before their us branch went under. Aniplex has the stupid expensive set

I fucking hate Aniplex pricing.

Gorillaz

exactly what type of episode of Naruto is this for you to be hyping it up, breh.

idk how I should feel about this, you never hype up a Naruto over a bleach

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Does the upcoming shippuden ep introduce
Yamato
as well, or just flesh out Sai?

If I remember correctly:

Sai is barely in it, he gets more orders from Danzo and shows up in the last minute. Yamato I think is in the meeting at Kakashi's hospital room with Tsunade and Jiraiya.

Moaradin

Just finished Eureka Seven. That was a great series. Really loved the middle portion and the end. How did Bones manage to write an original anime this competently?

daveo42

Banned
I look like a completely different person today. Hair cut, beard gone, dressed up. Time for another interview. Seems like there might be a good deal of people applying for this one.

I thought it was from that song from Avenue Q.

That song is about that word. Nice to see that someone else is aware of that musical. :)

Avenue Q is an amazing musical. I wish I had gone and seen it when it was still running but I never got the chance to.
Soundtrack was awesome though.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Just finished Eureka Seven. That was a great series. Really loved the middle portion and the end. How did Bones manage to write an original anime this competently?

Because it was written by Dai Sato (you'd know him most recently for the space ramen and QT in love episodes of Space Dandy). Who also seems to be the only person at Bones who actually understood Eureka Seven, which is why absolutely everything else related to the franchise is utter garbage.

You mean Black Lagoon's replacement? Well, schedules will start leaking next week, so we should hear soon, maybe on Saturday.

Indeed. If it's not replaced by GITS, it can be AO, DBZ Kai, Roberta's Blood Trail, Michiko & Hatchin, Psycho-Pass, or maybe even Steins;Gate. OR The Future Diary (Despite the
rape episode
)

Then there's always Fairy Tail. (Used the image just cause of the One Piece style)
670px-Chapter_Slider.jpg

Soulflarz

Banned
Did someone say Steins;Gate

Actually id rather have The Future Diary since I havent seen it and I dont think im anywhere near done loving Steins;Gate yet

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'd totally be up for rewatching Future Diary both dubbed & via group watch. Granted, we might get the censored versions that Japan got for a few episodes.

Also, I'll take Yuki over Shinji any day. Plus (while I'd have to explain it via spoilers), I feel like his behavior is more justified compared to Shinji.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom