• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Aug14| Melodrama Marathon

Status
Not open for further replies.
ulc7h6Q.gif

LOL Okay you win this time no going back in the box

Raxus

I can only quote your tag so often Man God.

Stop making it so easy.

Plus once Fairy Tail airs then we might as well cover the next two pages with UnclePhil face when it airs because it is
5258279+_1550fd4adf5d86b5520e130abcae7f6b.gif

Crocodile

Been a while since I saw that SS3 frog gif :p

*Blinks at Gif* .... That.... I like.

Err, I decided to make myself a new Avatar since Yatagarasu: Attack on Cataclysm goes into Alpha + It's first Level up Stream tomorrow. What ya guys think? I based it off the old character select screen art, which I swear is actually miss Hanzo here with a strange fruit stuck to her chest:

Yatagarasu-Attack-on-Cataclysm-hanzo.jpg

And this is totally thread relevant, because I know I totally, lose people in here when they swap avatars, lol.

Nice avatar. I donated to the IGG so I'm glad to see things seem to be going well. All that being said I don't really play games on my PC so I'm not sure how much I'll be playing the game unless it comes out on PSN or something.

You certainly are right about the grapefruits LOL

The internet loves tsunderes in revealing outfits.

Wouldn't Magpie and Tharja be yanderes or am I misusing these imported Japanese words?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
ZGq540W.gif

Totally forgot to start using this again.

EDIT:

Tsunderes: Are rude and usually violent towards the one they care about, but secretly are sweet to them.
Yanderes: Pretend to be the sweetest persons in the world to the one they love and will defend them to the death...quite literally. They are obsessed with their target of affection.

Neither fit that well for those two characters. Magpie is closer to Yandere but not quite and Tharja is in her own league.

Gorillaz

is bleach chick with the pink hair that didn't want to share donuts considered a yandere or is she a textbook tsundere

I feel the line is blurred at times, friends

Takashi

2. Go DARKER. We hear you on that. Deadman's success showed us you guys might like that... Black Lagoon a bit less so! But we have ideas.

Well to be fair one of those was part of a group of front runners, while the other was relegated to a 2:30/3 am slot.

we really do need a dictionary or some sort of guide that can help me break down which dere is which in Anime

well there's tvtropes
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Yandere
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Tsundere

Edit 2: vvvvv welp

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
UnderRooTaker is Kowai. (Which I swear sounds too close to Kawaii) I want more FPR games on modern consoles!

Nice avatar. I donated to the IGG so I'm glad to see things seem to be going well. All that being said I don't really play games on my PC so I'm not sure how much I'll be playing the game unless it comes out on PSN or something.

You certainly are right about the grapefruits LOL

Thx, and yup, I'm just as bad. The draw of beautiful SNK style sprites helped push me over the edge in that case, though. I'll get some solid local play out of it on PC, but probably won't get into it's online nearly as much as if it was on a console...

Now I have to take care of this strange desire for fruit before resting for the night! (o_O)

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Whoa, strange to see SAB CA with a new avatar.

It's freaking me out.

That's why I wanted to give a heads up! Before I showed up as an unrecognizable oddity suddenly on Saturday, haha.

Bvg2qOiIUAEDMRk.jpg

Wow, Bebop. How have I never caught this?

I don't think I got it the first time, but when I did... "Wooo~Ohh~!" Fit right alongside Square's use of Biggs and Wedge in Final Fantasy...unexpected western shoutouts!

Have there been any non-action based shows that have ended up Toonami? I wonder how a show like Mushi-shi would be received by the general populace.

Young Justice and Green Lantern immediately spring to mind. I think the Hub's deal on at least one of the Batman DCU shows ran out. Plus there's always Brave and the Bold and The Batman.

Have you seen Green Lantern? I don't think you want Green Lantern. Young Justice is a thumbs up in my book though.

shamelessly stolen from some dude in the AS forums:

https://www.facebook.com/OfficialVI...comment_id=10152671716418552&total_comments=3
https://twitter.com/ForneverWorld/statuses/498951103141404672
https://twitter.com/ForneverWorld/statuses/498953756374224896

looks like there's a bidding war over Hunter x Hunter. i'd have to guess Viz vs. Funimation on this.

Oh my goddddddd. Best shounen finally potentially being dubbed sometime before I die and ending up on Toonami to one day replace Naruto/Shippuden/Bleach/Batman? Western audiences have been kept from HxH for far too long! Inject into veins immediately!

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I think the absurdity of sympathizing with the devil, who is obviously seen as an antagonistic figure in the West, went way over the heads of most Japanese viewers. Less than 1% of the population there identifies as Christian, it's a minority religion that was actually outlawed at one point. Really, you can probably see a boom in interest after the WWII when America started their occupation but by and large it has a small following. Seems like this was just one of those things that works in Japan but not in the West.

Oh yeah, and just to chime in... Yeah, but I still wonder what a JP Christian would think :) Especially if they're like Nobunaga, which I find REALLY odd to be listed amongst notable Japanese Christians...

I'm always surprised to see groups of Japanese whenever a Christian Evangelist visits them. I feel like I've seen almost every country of the world pop up in such things more than Japan. It's such a clash of expectations!

Take that with a grain of salt btw. It's the schedule for 9/3 and the backdoor's been going crazy in September. Tenchi Muyo, now it's showing 8th MS Team.

I'd only expect those weird listings from something like TV Guide (which AS would have to submit for)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom