• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Aug14| Melodrama Marathon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is code geass supposed to be good or bad, ive only heard good stuff about it, but ive never watched it before

Season 1 is great

Season 2 is an epic train wreck that attempts to have THA SWERVE at the end of every episode just to have a swerve even if it makes no sense. The only really good part about season 2 is its finale which is legit great and is the perfect ending to the series.

Jarate

Banned
Silly as in every episode trying to replicate Hitsugaya stabbing Momo.

SGiJ5kI.gif

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Season 1 is great

Season 2 is an epic train wreck that attempts to have THA SWERVE at the end of every episode just to have a swerve even if it makes no sense. The only really good part about season 2 is its finale which is legit great and is the perfect ending to the series.

That and tons and tons of T and A. Would give your Uncle Phil face a meltdown on the scale of Fairy Tail.

silly as in Goku and Piccolo are driving a car, or silly as in bleach kite battles

Well as an example

Minor season 1/2 spoilers, no names but a general concept

a minor villain from s1 comes back from out of nowhere in s2 with an out of nowhere magic power to become a major threat and given a new back story, this leads to a main character dying out of nowhere and then said villain joining the good guys

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Most of the change comes from getting a new kid friendly time slot in order to appeal to a younger demographic.

So in America when an action cartoon wants to do this they add in a new young kid character with amazing abilities and a bunch of marketable gizmos.

When Japan wants to do it? Non stop ass shots.

Most of the change comes from getting a new kid friendly time slot in order to appeal to a younger demographic.

So in America when an action cartoon wants to do this they add in a new young kid character with amazing abilities and a bunch of marketable gizmos.

When Japan wants to do it? Non stop ass shots.

To be fair Code Geass s2 did add a new younger character with an amazing new ability and that character is the worst part of s2

Man God

Non-Canon Member
To be fair Code Geass s2 did add a new younger character with an amazing new ability and that character is the worst part of s2

...I see no lie.

But you know what I mean. Batman:TAS has ratings that are doing well but they need a boost in the younger demos. Rebranded to Adventures of Batman and Robin, and then in the reboot further in that direction by going with Tim Drake.

Batman Beyond arguably does it with Max in season 2. These are just the shows that managed to do it well, there are probably dozens of action cartoons that added in a superkid for that toyetic boost if I rack my brain long enough.

Japan? Tone down the violence, get a bit silly, and add a shit load of T&A to the point where those same additions might up the age rating in the US!

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
...I see no lie.

But you know what I mean. Batman:TAS has ratings that are doing well but they need a boost in the younger demos. Rebranded to Adventures of Batman and Robin, and then in the reboot further in that direction by going with Tim Drake.

Batman Beyond arguably does it with Max in season 2. These are just the shows that managed to do it well, there are probably dozens of action cartoons that added in a superkid for that toyetic boost if I rack my brain long enough.

Japan? Tone down the violence, get a bit silly, and add a shit load of T&A to the point where those same additions might up the age rating in the US!

You complaining about Max? She was great and really helped fill out Terry's supporting cast.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Hey everyone.
I'm moving tomorrow and unfortunately I'll be without cable and internet until Sunday. Meaning for the first time since the relaunch, I will be missing Toonami. Sucks so much...

Once I do get cable and internet hooked up, first thing I'll do is... watch the Doctor Who season premiere, but then I'll catch up on the Toonami shows I watch.

I do wish the AoT marathon was this weekend and not the next, but what can I do?

Thanks for understanding.

Hey everyone.
I'm moving tomorrow and unfortunately I'll be without cable and internet until Sunday. Meaning for the first time since the relaunch, I will be missing Toonami. Sucks so much...

Once I do get cable and internet hooked up, first thing I'll do is... watch the Doctor Who season premiere, but then I'll catch up on the Toonami shows I watch.

I do wish the AoT marathon was this weekend and not the next, but what can I do?

ooh i'm moving too!

but luckily i'm house sitting for someone saturday so i won't miss toonami after all

Hey everyone.

One less person to enjoy Beware the BatGawd

Jarate

Banned
Hey everyone.

Go to a sports bar and tell those assholes you wanna watch chinese cartoons

Hey everyone.

We'll post twice as much in your absence, BD.

Ponn

Banned
So is Toonami-GAF doing some type of drinking game for the AoT marathon? I'd suggest Eren getting beat/punched/kicked but boy that last episode would put everyone in the hospital.

Jarate

Banned
So is Toonami-GAF doing some type of drinking game for the AoT marathon? I'd suggest Eren getting beat/punched/kicked but boy that last episode would put everyone in the hospital.

take a drink whenever a character acts like a bitch!

*dies in the first episode*

You actually should do this and record reactions

B dubs might be a good place to start

man, ive been looking for a good wing place where I live now, and Buffalo Wild Wings was so bland and disappointing. How can you fuck up fried foods?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Take a drink every time a character is LEGIT SHOOK.

The back part of the night is going to be so bad. Those last 5 episodes are mostly terrible.

Gorillaz

Throw some Rukio gifs in the next batch bleachbreh

For real tho I might actually do a drinking contest for AoT marathon. Either its the legit shook moments or the yelling. Going to think it over first.

Jarate

Banned
idk how long i'll stay up, but I got a bottle of cheap whiskey that I need to finish off

we need some rules for this though

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Throw some Rukio gifs in the next batch bleachbreh

For real tho I might actually do a drinking contest for AoT marathon. Either its the legit shook moments or the yelling. Going to think it over first.

I'd say there's about 20 characters on average getting LEGIT SHOOK in the early episodes. You'd be dead by the end.

Ponn

Banned
idk how long i'll stay up, but I got a bottle of cheap whiskey that I need to finish off

we need some rules for this though

I've had a bottle of Grey Goose sitting in my cupboard since Christmas and I have had such a shitty last couple months I think its time to have some fun and polish it off so i'm definitely down for this.

Ponn

Banned
I think maybe multiple triggers but more subtle and maybe some of the rarer ones calling for two drinks. Like kawaii faced Titan or nic cage titan.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
drink every time there's a still frame.

BOOM.

so disappointed every time that happens.

was the manga not that popular, so the anime didn't have a budget?

was the anime even popular in Japan?

why do they have to stop animating things five times an episode?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom