• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Aug14| Melodrama Marathon

Status
Not open for further replies.
zyZgpir.gif

Touche.

Also, Gurren Lagann promo next week. SD or HD? We'll find out!

Gorillaz

Can't tell if bleachbrah ManGod is posting those gifs because it's his standard thing at this point or if that episode is coming on tonight

if it's that episode tonight....

no /seda

edit: I'm catching a late showing of Guardians tonight so I will miss the start of the block regardless

it's cause he has nothing else worth posting

not like those beach episode gifs were worth posting in the first place

*watches 5 mins of Accel World*

....this looks like shit. And the main lead looks and sounds annoying

789shadow

Banned
it's cause he has nothing else worth posting

not like those beach episode gifs were worth posting in the first place

*watches 5 mins of Accel World*

....this looks like shit. And the main lead looks and sounds annoying
Sounds like it can't measure up to the masterpiece that is Sword A......

*vomits up internal organs*

Can't tell if bleachbrah ManGod is posting those gifs because it's his standard thing at this point or if that episode is coming on tonight

no /seda

edit: I'm catching a late showing of Guardians tonight so I will miss the start of the block regardless

Non canon member is always the answer with mangod

@Clarknova1 14m
#toonami fans- what ya'll think about us maybe bringing this back? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lotTngXQwDQ

LICH KING DEMARCO @Clarknova1 · 16m
Here's the deal. Write me @ 1065 Williams Street, Atlanta, GA 30309 OR send us a message at http://Toonami.tumblr.com and let us know...

LICH KING DEMARCO @Clarknova1 · 22m
...what you think. We weren't allowed to accept mail for a long while but we are now, so why not? Help us manipulate the manual.

LICH KING DEMARCO @Clarknova1 · 18m
I guess the question now isn't "Is Toonami a failed experiment" but instead "what should Toonami be going forward."

LICH KING DEMARCO @Clarknova1 · 14m
#Intruder2 is gonna change a lot of things at #Toonami, but it's a ways off, so there's no better time to get your feedback.

Oh boy, looks like we gotta send some shit in.

Tamanon

Banned
Been thinking, and I think I might be done with Toonami after Bleach ends. With no Space Dandy and no Bleach, going to need something much more interesting than another Dragonball Z to make it worth the while to stay up that late watching TV.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Been thinking, and I think I might be done with Toonami after Bleach ends. With no Space Dandy and no Bleach, going to need something much more interesting than another Dragonball Z to make it worth the while to stay up that late watching TV.

One Piece? Gurren Laggan? Bleach is hardly the best show on the block.

Gorillaz

I think the late shows will be harder for me to catch soon. Since I'm in retail and were heading into the fall and holidays shortly after, I probably will only really make it to the first few shows. If GL comes on at least at 1:30 or 2 I'll stay until then.

Tamanon

Banned
One Piece? Gurren Laggan? Bleach is hardly the best show on the block.

I don't like One Piece. Bleach is my second favorite show on the block behind Space Dandy.

You're right on Gurren Laggan, but that'll be easy to DVR thankfully. Or just get the DVD.

Only way out of ToonamiGAF is in a bodybag.

Ride or die.

there will be at least two other show replacements around the time DBZ will probably show up, maybe three depending on what they do with Beware the Batman. i think it's kinda early to call it.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

no /seda

That episode already happened. If I remember right its in the last block of filler before the Aizen plot resumes. Next week's episode is
THE FINAL BLEACH FILLER EPISODE

MikeMyers

Yeah I've seen/read DBZ a bunch of times so the appeal of it coming to Toonami isn't really there, will be interesting to see what replaces AoT though. Or is Gurren Laggan the replacement for that?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
DBZ Kai is in many ways not for the diehard fans.

It is going to be the first time it has aired UNCUT in the US...which is actually a pretty big deal for a lot of people at home. It is also different enough to be interesting to those who only saw DBZ when it first aired.

MikeMyers

Oh I've seen all of Kai too, am currently watching the Buu Arc for it too.

That being said am planning to do a filler guide to correlate on scenarios ToonamiGAF may missed on watching Kai, such as
Ginyu Force on Kaio's Planet

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Oh I've seen all of Kai too, am currently watching the Buu Arc for it too.

That being said am planning to do a filler guide to correlate on scenarios ToonamiGAF may missed on watching Kai, such as
Ginyu Force on Kaio's Planet

I still think the power levels with that filler fight don't make any sense. I get that its a comedy segment but I don't think the math quite works out.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Power levels are bullshit anyways.

They are and they aren't. They're directly related to the durability of the fighters so it's not like early Naruto where most everyone is basically human when it came to durability and you could actually get the jump on someone stronger than you.

bigkrev

PSA: Don't see Hercules. Holy hell is that a mess of a movie.
Shocked how filled the theater was though. Significantly more people than the Thursday night showing of Guardians of the Galaxy.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
PSA: Don't see Hercules. Holy hell is that a mess of a movie.
Shocked how filled the theater was though. Significantly more people than the Thursday night showing of Guardians of the Galaxy.

I kinda liked it. It didn't try to be some epic legendary type thing, it was a decent enough summer movie. It's the sort of thing that's going to be on TV all the time eventually. It was fun, I had fun, sometimes that's all you need.

but.....it had The Rock

How much you like it will depend on your expectations. If you go in expecting them to adapt his 12 labors then you'll hate it. If you go in expecting The Rock to punch guys through walls and wreck shit, you'll have fun.

bigkrev

I kinda liked it. It didn't try to be some epic legendary type thing, it was a decent enough summer movie. It's the sort of thing that's going to be on TV all the time eventually. It was fun, I had fun, sometimes that's all you need.

How much you like it will depend on your expectations. If you go in expecting them to adapt his 12 labors then you'll hate it. If you go in expecting The Rock to punch guys through walls and wreck shit, you'll have fun.

I thought the premise was the only good part of the movie. It was really smart, and far more interesting than an actual adaptation of the labors.
EVERYTHING ELSE in the movie was terrible. The CG was bad (those snakes in the beginning of the movie looked like mid 90s CG), the action sucked and lacked any impact, and on the whole, it was just a soleless, boring movie. It's the Shenmue of movies- an interesting premise destroyed by mindlessly boring gameplay/action.

but.....it had The Rock

I love Rock's acting career, but he deserves so much better than this shit.

So I got spoiled about an AoT character earlier today in a VA Q&A panel (and it was spoiled in a shipping question. A FUCKING SHIPPING QUESTION), and decided to later attend a AoT panel cause why the fuck not (some of the spoilery stuff that was mentioned I'll probably forget...maybe)

Gorillaz

Eh I'll probably check it out on redbox
So I got spoiled about an AoT character earlier today in a VA Q&A panel (and it was spoiled in a shipping question. A FUCKING SHIPPING QUESTION), and decided to later attend a AoT panel cause why the fuck not (some of the spoilery stuff that was mentioned I'll probably forget...maybe)

mind telling me what you were spoiled (in tags obviously)

bigkrev

My summer blockbuster ranks thus far

Edge of Tommorrow
X-men: Days of Future Past
Guardians of the Galaxy
Lucy
Malificent
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
Amazing Spider Man 2
Godzilla
Hercules

I'm really sad something beat Godzilla as worst of the summer :(

So at work today another employee walked up to me and asked if I had seen GotG yet, I said no and he started to go on about his favorite scene in the movie, I yelled "SPOILERS NO" putting my hands on my head and jumping below the register

Man God

Non-Canon Member
So at work today another employee walked up to me and asked if I had seen GotG yet, I said no and he started to go on about his favorite scene in the movie, I yelled "SPOILERS NO" putting my hands on my head and jumping below the register

He then grabbed the bells and now you're officially a team with Sakura.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I thought the premise was the only good part of the movie. It was really smart, and far more interesting than an actual adaptation of the labors.
EVERYTHING ELSE in the movie was terrible. The CG was bad (those snakes in the beginning of the movie looked like mid 90s CG), the action sucked and lacked any impact, and on the whole, it was just a soleless, boring movie. It's the Shenmue of movies- an interesting premise destroyed by mindlessly boring gameplay/action.

I love Rock's acting career, but he deserves so much better than this shit.

I don't entirely disagree, but The Rock was absolutely perfect in the role and that made the movie for me. I'm not going to go off and see it again, I won't buy the DVD, but if I see it on TV and there's nothing I really want to watch then I'll totally watch it again.

It was a B-movie, with an A-movie star and premise. I won't disagree that there was a SHIT TON of wasted potential, but I had fun.

Raxus

Toonami preview time! Booty edition.

Attack on Titan

Armin, Mikasa and the rest of the soldiers work to seal the gate thanks to Eren using the one thing nobody else has. It's his beautiful...Titan booty.

Bleach
After saving Ichigo's booty, PSP guy is introduced to the glory of the 3DS and leaves Ichigo in limbo for all eternity.

Space Dandy

Dandy looks for booty in the deep sea as he tries to catch the 'big one'.

Naruto Shippuden
In an attempt to save Gaara, Lady Chiyo uses a forbidden technique nobody else has. It's her beautiful...booty resurrection technique!

One Piece
So much beautiful marine booty asking to be kicked. Where does Luffy begin?
Blue Exorcist
I was going to do a booty joke here but if felt a little too on the nose. Just two more weeks until we get Gurran Lagaan's beautiful roboBooty!

Beware the Batbooty
Alfred gets some backstory. No, I am not talking about Alfred's booty. Baka.

Black Lagoon
As Balalaika’s attacks intensify, Rock and Revy realize their booties may be on the line.

Naruto
Sakura must protect her entire teams. Their booties are doomed. Series Finale.

FMA: Brotherhood
Kill Mustang's booty, devour Mustang's booty

Cowboy Beebop
Spike and Jet continue to hunt for criminal booty and wind up getting mixed up in a deal involving a peculiar dog.

Clone Wars
Ahsoka and a bunch of random kids try to...who am I kidding, your booty is going to be asleep by the time this airs.

Samurai Jack
Jack is a chicken. Uh, booty?

I can only imagine the look on his face. lol

Soulflarz

Banned

You sound like an...interesting employee >.<

789shadow

Banned
So I scheduled out the rest of the Water Seven saga on Toonami (I could be doing so many other things, but eh) and it's pretty much going to take us all the way to October of next year, possibly November of next year if December is another month of movies.

Rest of August = 265-269
Everyone is fighting through Enies Lobby
September = 270-273
Luffy vs. Blueno
October = 274-277
Robin's backstory
November = 278-282
Character backstory recaps
December = 283-286
Straw Hats vs. CP9
January 2015 = 287-291
Franky vs. Fukuro, Chopper vs. Kumadori
February 2015 = 292-295
Nami vs. Kalifa
March 2015 = 296-299
Sanji vs. Jabra, Zoro vs. Kaku
April 2015 = 300-303
Very beginning of Luffy vs. Lucci
May 2015 = 304-308
Luffy vs. Lucci
June 2015 = 309-312
Finale of Luffy vs. Lucci, end of Enies Lobby arc
July 2015 = 313-316
Garp and big fucking reveals
August 2015 = 317-321
Post-Enies Lobby filler, Straw Hat bounties, Thousand Sunny
September 2015 = 322-325
Franky joins, Usopp rejoins, Ace vs. Blackbeard

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I've got the December Schedule right here.

Bleach the Movie: Memories of Nobody
Bleach the Movie 2: Diamond Dust Rebellion
Bleach the Movie 3: Fade to Black
Bleach the Movie 4: Hell Verse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom