• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Aug14| Melodrama Marathon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soulflarz

Banned
I think Soul Eater's original anime stuff started out a bit questionable but progressively became more stupid approaching the end. Like, Crona's "sacrifice" + Stein's easily-cured insanity during the Medusa encounter seemed poorly structured, but it wasn't in your face stupid until the final episode or two.

Blue Exorcist kinda flipped the crazy switch pretty soon after Rin's demonic nature was revealed. There's been something like four ridiculous episodes in a row now.
Pretty much. Confused how someone alive looked at this plot and said "Wow, this might be passable!"

Seeing Guardians of the Galaxy tonight! Hopefully ill be back home in time for Att-...wait its friday

As I read the soul eater manga, I think what hurt the soul eater anime partially was they kept trying to go back and incorporate later manga chapters into their anime original ending which caused all kinds of wonky things to happen

As an example in the manga when Medusa turns herself in, her deal is to LEAD the attack on Arache's castle in exchange for the info on where it is which also radically changed how the arc plays out. The anime probably would have been better served doing a full FMA 03 and once it went in its own direction should have never looked back. Instead it keeps leaning over and borrowing ideas which conflict massively with its own original ideas leading to the second half of the series which feels very disjointed.

Seda

64 year old cosplayer

GeTJj6rl.jpg

I finally sat down and finished, here is the updated all time leader board for posting in Toonami GAF

1. Schadenfreude 20480
2. BassForever 17783
3. Shard 12747
4. Seda 11238
5. Man God 11048
6. GMN 10902
7. Hehateme 10428
8. BatDan 10126
9. B-Dubs 9037
10. Amikami 8279
11. Andrex 7707
12. foxuzamaki 7197
13. Raxus 7149
14. Gucci Messiah 6811
15. 789shadow 6642
16 .Jintor 5857
17. lazybones18 5565
18. LOLDSFAN 4587
19. MetatronM 4464
20. Imperial Bishop 4375

Fun facts

Last thread was the first time in awhile we lost a "post in every thread" user as Andrex took a break from GAF and did not post once at all in the last thread the first time ever Andrex missed one

Schadenfreude broke 20k post lifetime in this thread

Mangod, GMN, and Hehateme joined the 10k post club

Soulflarz, RagnarokX, Crayolan, The Aboslution, and Gorillaz all broke the 1k post club

I never make those list :(

Well you're in luck :p

Top 21-40

21. MikeMyers 4227
22. Levyne 4158
23. Zonic 3982
24. SparksterMeta0 3881
25. daveo42 3618
26. everyday math 3493
27. mightynine 2754
28. Ultratech 2651
29. Dr.Palutena 2633
30. bigkrev 2538
31. GaimeGuy 2107
32.UltraGunner 2096
33.TheChits 2069
34. Moaradin 2030
35. ASSauLTxMasTER 2000
36. ckohler 1968
37. Beelzeboss 1959
38. Knux-Future 1801
39. grandjedi6 1795
40. AzureJ 1786

Of note down here

Rewrite missed this list by 1 post, they only posted 1 in the last thread and AzureJ didn't

Knux-Future is still in the top 40 despite having been perma banned since OT5\

Dr Palutena and LycanXIII also had posted in every thread until the last one, missed them my first time though

More fun facts:

A total of 768 unique users have posted a combined 297189 times since Toonami returned

196 users have only posted 1 time in this thread, 110 users have posted at least 200 times

30 users have posted in every thread, the least amount of posts for someone who has posted in every thread is Slamtastic with 174 post

I also missed Mature as someone who has posted in every thread until now, looking though last thread was the most amount of people who had posted in every thread who missed one (4) beating out the last champion which was the short lived OT9 which had 3 miss it who haven't missed any others.

I don't see my name on that list anywhere

Looks like I need to shill Beware the Batman even more now!

From OT 1-11 you posted a whopping 3 times

Since OT12 you've posted 1450 times which got you into the top 50, if you post about the same as you have in the past 2 threads you should be in the top 40 next OT.

Gorillaz

From OT 1-11 you posted a whopping 3 times

Since OT12 you've posted 1450 times which got you into the top 50, if you post about the same as you have in the past 2 threads you should be in the top 40 next OT.
lol

yea I was mainly working weird hours then also it was me still on anime hiatus. I really didn't get back into it until Dandy and AoT dub

Tenumi

Banned
Seda, watch your back.

I'm coming for you, ninja.

IUnderstoodThatReference.gif

I'm frustrated I haven't broke top 40, but I understand why, since I've been taking a break from the Toonami watch for several weeks now. It'll help that starting this week or next I'll be back through Blue Exorcist/Gurren Lagann, at least.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Amazingly, it was the filler episodes that were more interesting when it came to Blue Exorcist. The humor in those was rather funny at times.

& wow, #23. Trying to remember if I moved up from the last time Bass counted the posts. Maybe I should see if I can find the previous ranking while waiting for Shovel Knight to download.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
OK, after weeks of missing Toonami cuz of shit I have to do, I'm READY to come back to it this weekend. Hopefully, lol

IUnderstoodThatReference.gif

I'm frustrated I haven't broke top 40, but I understand why, since I've been taking a break from the Toonami watch for several weeks now. It'll help that starting this week or next I'll be back through Blue Exorcist/Gurren Lagann, at least.

You're actually right next to Gorillaz and both of you are about 350-400 post from being in the top 40 and considering that one user in the top 40 is perma banned lol

It'll be interesting to see how posting trends change once Bleach ends and the block as a whole has it's big change this fall. Could lead to some regulars being less active or some inactive users becoming more active.

Nobody can stop Man-God. Get ready for the non canon future.

The problem for Man God is there's only been one thread where he posted more then I did (by like 30 post) and he doesn't consistently post more then Schadenfreude either, he'll knock Shard out of the top 3 at the rate he's posting though.

Wonder if Jintor can still particpate now that he lives in Japan. He hasn't posted in this thread yet

Can he not watch online though the adult swim website if he has access to someone's cable account? Not sure if that is ip blocked or not and/or if you can use an unblocker to get around that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom