• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Aug14| Melodrama Marathon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

Hitokage used to be an admin. (his usernumber is '2' - neogaf.com/forum/member.php?u=2) So right, he's been with NeoGAF for a long time, before the current iteration. And he's been reasonably active for all those years in several communities. It's not surprising to see he had at least a little impact on a lot of people.

Tamanon

Banned
Hitokage used to be an admin. (his usernumber is '2' - neogaf.com/forum/member.php?u=2) So right, he's been with NeoGAF for a long time, before the current iteration. An he's been reasonably active for all those years in several communities. It's not surprising to see he had at least a little impact on a lot of people.

I remember running PSO with him back in the day.:( Or arguing over nonsense on the old boards. He was one of the ones I actually loved arguing with, because he actually could do so effectively and civilly.

bigkrev

Hitokage used to be an admin. (his usernumber is '2' - neogaf.com/forum/member.php?u=2) So right, he's been with NeoGAF for a long time, before the current iteration. An he's been reasonably active for all those years in several communities. It's not surprising to see he had at least a little impact on a lot of people.

Jeez, EVILORE is a higher number than that

Shitty news

789shadow

Banned
Lie-down-try-not-to-cry-cry-a-lot.jpg

This sucks.

Saw him post a few times. Never talk to him sadly. Such a terrible loss for the community from what Iv read from other posters who knew him better. :(

ILike I said on the other thread, I didn't really know him or don't remember seeing any of his posts but it's always sad when someone who was so close to so many people passes away. :(

LOLDSFAN

Hitokage used to be an admin. (his usernumber is '2' - neogaf.com/forum/member.php?u=2) So right, he's been with NeoGAF for a long time, before the current iteration. And he's been reasonably active for all those years in several communities. It's not surprising to see he had at least a little impact on a lot of people.

Yeah I remember one time I was curious and decided to go through like 1-10 and see if any of the users were still active. Thought it was pretty incredible that number 2 was still posting on a daily basis.

Damn.... I never knew Hitokage personally, but I'm sad to here of his passing. :(
31 is so young to go. Rest in peace, my friend.

On a more up-lifting note: Back from watching DBZ: Battle of Gods. The entire theater busted out laughing when
Trunks called Mai his "main squeeze."

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So just found out tomorrow that it's not TMNT in 3D that I'm seeing after DBZ: Battle of Gods. It's Guardians of the Galaxy in IMAX 3D.

Meanwhile, in P4GA, Marie makes a list and calls it poetry

okay
*sigh* I didn't mind Marie in P4G, but those stupid poems got real annoying fast. & the fact we gotta start off every episode now hearing one just...isn't fun.

Oh well, still kind of neat seeing the Golden events with their own spin (i.e Marie didn't join you to go to the beach in the game, if I recall correctly).

Levyne

Banned
(Battle of Gods)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=870701

Part of me is surprised to see all the positive reception to the movie. (I haven't seen it, whenever it goes to tv I guess). Ever since it came out in Japan it seems like everyone thought it was a giant ball of shit but I guess it's not so bad. I guess it depends on your expectations going in.

Glad to hear that most people thought the dub work was great.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Holy crap, for a movie that was rather limited in both how long & where it was shown, making it in the top 10 is amazing.

.....maybe I can tell my friend who works at the theater this so the next time Funimation has these, they can do it at the theater in town instead of having to drive an hour to see it.

(Battle of Gods)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=870701

Part of me is surprised to see all the positive reception to the movie. (I haven't seen it, whenever it goes to tv I guess). Ever since it came out in Japan it seems like everyone thought it was a giant ball of shit but I guess it's not so bad. I guess it depends on your expectations going in.

Glad to hear that most people thought the dub work was great.

My only guess is that the funi dub added a lot of flavor text which helped the comedy scenes work a lot better

#6 before the big movies have done all their weekend numbers? Won't it drop then?

Of course it's only airing one day during the weekend and only for one showing in most theaters, but still it basically sold out almost every theater in aired in this week, it's still really dang impressive for an anime film even if it DBZ

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
#6 before the big movies have done all their weekend numbers? Won't it drop then?
Most likely, especially since tomorrow's the last day theaters are showing it.

Speaking of things that're ending tomorrow, one more Blue Exorcist episode & we're done.

Of course it's only airing one day during the weekend and only for one showing in most theaters, but still it basically sold out almost every theater in aired in this week, it's still really dang impressive for an anime film even if it DBZ

Most likely, especially since tomorrow's the last day theaters are showing it.

Speaking of things that're ending tomorrow, one more Blue Exorcist episode & we're done.
Indeed. That's still really good. Happy for them.

One more Blue Exorcist episode? Is it any good?

daveo42

Banned
Our only hope is the whole episode is just a big splurge of budget which allows Rin and Satan to go all out for 20 minutes.

I'll just be glad if it doesn't end like Soul Eater did. I'm not expecting this show to end particularly well anyway after the last few episodes. I am prepared to wtf pretty hard though.

I'll just be glad if it doesn't end like Soul Eater did. I'm not expecting this show to end particularly well anyway after the last few episodes. I am prepared to wtf pretty hard though.

i don't think Soul Eater went completely stupid until the very last episode, but Blue Exorcist went completely stupid two episodes ago.

daveo42

Banned
i don't think Soul Eater went completely stupid until the very last episode, but Blue Exorcist went completely stupid two episodes ago.

Didn't the last few episodes deal with tons of useless talking though? Like entire episodes with the main characters trying to reason with the embodiment of insanity itself? I find that pretty stupid to begin with. The last satisfying episode was when Medusa got bodied.

Soul Eater's ending wasn't bad because it was all a fight, it's ending was bad because it threw away everything about the series themes for Maka to just become a one person wrecking crew. Plus they off screened Black Star and Kid -.-

Levyne

Banned
I seriously think this might happen. In the very least, the show will end with demons and humans becoming BFFs.

good guy satan somehow reunites with his partner and they wish their children to be the bridge connecting humans and demons in a new harmonious relationship , this new peace will last 4ever

the end

Neoxon

Dandy's JP VA will be voicing Star-Lord in the Japanese dub of Guardians of the Galaxy.

That's prefect casting, if you ask me.

Seda

Didn't the last few episodes deal with tons of useless talking though? Like entire episodes with the main characters trying to reason with the embodiment of insanity itself? I find that pretty stupid to begin with. The last satisfying episode was when Medusa got bodied.

I think Soul Eater's original anime stuff started out a bit questionable but progressively became more stupid approaching the end. Like, Crona's "sacrifice" + Stein's easily-cured insanity during the Medusa encounter seemed poorly structured, but it wasn't in your face stupid until the final episode or two.

Blue Exorcist kinda flipped the crazy switch pretty soon after Rin's demonic nature was revealed. There's been something like four ridiculous episodes in a row now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom