• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Aug14| Melodrama Marathon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

worth mentioning I guess

Attack on Titan FUNimation release part 2 doesn't officially release until September 23rd - next several episodes air before home release.

Gorillaz

Are they done with Trost arc in AoT? We should be on the 2nd half at this point.

I like 2nd OP a little bit more then the first one.
Yea I said it.

Gorillaz

I love the contrast between the 2 opening tho. The first represented the fear of the titans while the 2nd felt more uplifting, like "hey, we got our own titan to fuck you other titans up".

That and the guitar riffs in the 2nd are the shit.

daveo42

Banned
Made #25 and I only started posting here when Dandy started up late last year!

I liked the first OP of AoT a lot. 2nd OP grew on me after a few episodes.

I just read, that Blu Ray release is only 5 episodes out of 20, that means if you want to own the whole series of Nisekoi you'd need to pay $200 dollars

$200 for a 20 episode anime series

With no dub

In 2014

GAAAAAAAAAAAAWD

Moaradin

I just read, that Blu Ray release is only 5 episodes out of 20, that means if you want to own the whole series of Nisekoi you'd need to pay $200 dollars

$200 for a 20 episode anime series

With no dub

In 2014

GAAAAAAAAAAAAWD

Aniplex. Imagine if they got Hunter x Hunter.

How much for a 140+ episode series?

Good news, Nisekoi isn't getting a dub. Moves from a dangerous 5% chance of showing up to a 0% chance of showing up

Forget that. Dem Space Dandy sets tho.

BuisdUHIUAEcKSe.jpg

Aniplex. Imagine if they got Hunter x Hunter.

How much for a 140+ episode series?

It's not Aniplex, but Nisa America will let you own the entire series of Cardcaptors Sakura, all 70 episodes for $250 blu ray dub/sub

Thankfully you can get it on sale for $180 from rightstuf, it's $70 dollars off, what a deal!

i7kw48Odmhaqn.gif

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Funimation needs to hurry up & announce a BD release of Space Dandy. Heck, I wanna know if it'll get a special edition like how AoT got two of them.

Funimation needs to hurry up & announce a BD release of Space Dandy. Heck, I wanna know if it'll get a special edition like how AoT got two of them.

They've gotta treat Dandy like a regular anime on their side. We hear about the Dandy BD after it's done airing and such.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Nisekoi is garbage anyway.

Oh yeah, tomorrow is the premiere of the second AoT opening. There's an awesome video based on it that I'll post on Sunday (though someone will probably beat me to it).

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
They've gotta treat Dandy like a regular anime on their side. We hear about the Dandy BD after it's done airing and such.
So we gotta wait for the entire series instead of split up into seasons. Guess I can wait. One of the rare animes, let alone TV shows/movies that I feel like I want to own on Blu-Ray.

Edit: Wow I understand that Nisekoi or the whole rom com manga/anime isn't for for everyone, but I didn't think it was THAT bad. Are there any rom com Shonen Jump franchises that AREN'T hated? Seems like most of the time, people in the US don't care or like them. Think the only one that came close to being liked was Rosario Vampire, but then the anime pretty much forgot about the plot & tried to insert more fanservice.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Thanos kills Dumbledore after discovering that Darth Vader is Luke's father while learning Soylent Green is actually people, but then it turns out to be all a dream within a snowglobe.

MikeMyers

It's not Aniplex, but Nisa America will let you own the entire series of Cardcaptors Sakura, all 70 episodes for $250 blu ray dub/sub

Thankfully you can get it on sale for $180 from rightstuf, it's $70 dollars off, what a deal!

i7kw48Odmhaqn.gif

I know, I'd get it if it wasn't so expensive.

Although to be fair I believe they had to redub it too.

God the justification for the stupid prices of anime is just ridiculous, no there is no justification for paying $200 dollars for a 25 episode series when I can get all of a show like FMA:B on Blu Ray for around 80 dollars which is 64 episodes. It's not like there shows aren't on streaming services too.

I know, I'd get it if it wasn't so expensive.

Although to be fair I believe they had to redub it too.

I was under the impression it wasn't a redub just the old dub thrown in as a bonus

MikeMyers

I was under the impression it wasn't a redub just the old dub thrown in as a bonus

For the old dub, they only dubbed like half the series and showed it in random order. The US version tried to make the series about Syaoran rather than Sakura, if I remember correctly. You could probably ask cajuntor though, he would know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom