• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Aug14| Melodrama Marathon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Kenichi kind of has Toonami after dark written all over it. Maybe if TOONAMI had come back 4 years ago instead as it was kind of the Deadman Wonderland/Samurai 7 tier show of its day.

I had a feeling it was something down that line when he said it had "alot of content"

/SedaNo

iFu3mGSNwVXhh.gif

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Kenichi kind of has Toonami after dark written all over it. Maybe if TOONAMI had come back 4 years ago instead as it was kind of the Deadman Wonderland/Samurai 7 tier show of its day.
I saw the Kenichi anime back in high school & it'd make for a good 2 AM show, plus it's rather long.

I was thinking of reading the manga but....*sees there's 578 chapters currently* yeaaaaaaaah I'm not gonna deal with that.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I saw the Kenichi anime back in high school & it'd make for a good 2 AM show, plus it's rather long.

I was thinking of reading the manga but....*sees there's 578 chapters currently* yeaaaaaaaah I'm not gonna deal with that.

It gets lewder and lewder as it goes along and its basically Fairy Tail level these days. Both glad and sad they never animated past the second arc.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It gets lewder and lewder as it goes along and its basically Fairy Tail level these days. Both glad and sad they never animated past the second arc.
WELL GEE, IF YA PUT IT THAT WAY.....it would have convinced my high-school self to check it out.

I'm also reminded we still have no idea of Black Lagoon's replacement. Wonder if it'll be announced via Q&A again (& if they do, it actually airs during a show I watch).

Man God

Non-Canon Member
WELL GEE, IF YA PUT IT THAT WAY.....it would have convinced my high-school self to check it out.

I'm also reminded we still have no idea of Black Lagoon's replacement. Wonder if it'll be announced via Q&A again (& if they do, it actually airs during a show I watch).

It's going to be announced this week or next most likely.

Here's the current Netflix Anime Selection:

AVOID
Code:
[B]Black Butler[/B]
Blood+
Dance in the Vampire Bund
Chaos;Head
Sekirei
Girls Bravo (though it is kinda funny)
My Bride is a Mermaid

Come on now. Black Butler wasn't that bad. And Blood+...had it's moments

Well you SHOULD watch Bleach or Shippuden this week as they'll probably air the Toonami promo for Gurren Lagann this weekend. They'll probably announce Black Lagoons replacement on the 16th, any later and they risk it being back doored unless they're just planning to replace it with GitS S2 (or FLCL to eventually be replaced by Space Dandy when S2 ends) in which case they probably won't make a big spectacle about it

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Since I've started watching TOONAMI the latest they've announced a replacement was three weeks out.

The earliest would have to be either One Piece or Kai with Shippuden a distant third.

789shadow

Banned
Since I've started watching TOONAMI the latest they've announced a replacement was three weeks out.

The earliest would have to be either One Piece or Kai with Shippuden a distant third.
So we're about 3 weeks from a Black Lagoon replacement announcement?

For awhile we were getting most shows announced a month or two before they aired, Blue Exorcist, Black Lagoon, Space Dandy, Naruto Shippuden, and One Piece were all announced with a fairly decent amount of time between announcement and air date. Most of those 3 week out announcements have been old shows like Samurai Jack.

So we're about 3 weeks from a Black Lagoon replacement announcement?

Unless the plan has changed next week should be the week, last we knew they weren't airing Roberta's Blood Trail

You know I saw a discussion about Panty and Stocking the other day and it got me thinking, have GAINAX effectively become the Capcom of anime studios? All their key talent has either left for Trigger or Khara ala Capcom with Platinum and Grasshopper. Is their anything coming out of GAINAX period?

You know I saw a discussion about Panty and Stocking the other day and it got me thinking, have GAINAX effectively become the Capcom of anime studios? All their key talent has either left for Trigger or Khara ala Capcom with Platinum and Grasshopper. Is their anything coming out of GAINAX period?

I mean they did Magica Wars this year... for me personally the last thing they did that I cared about was Medaka Box and Medaka Box Abnormal, which both bombed spectacularly in the Japan and sadly never got to adapt the best arcs of the series >:[

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Wasn't Jack actually announced really far out?

It's stuff like GITS and surprisingly TTGL that got rushed. Blue Exorcist too actually.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I mean they did Magica Wars this year... for me personally the last thing they did that I cared about was Medaka Box and Medaka Box Abnormal, which both bombed spectacularly in the Japan and sadly never got to adapt the best arcs of the series >:[
Seriously, some of the fights were MADE to be animated by Gainax, but they only did the first season which was the "test" chapters & then when the series was finding its groove of what it wanted to really be. & of course it teases the best damn character as well....

Also, Inferno Cop by Trigger is so silly & hilariously cheap.

daveo42

Banned

They aren't nearly that big, nor were they on the same level as Bones, Parrott, or any other large production company. They did have a few actual shows on the air over the years, but it always seemed like their strength was in OVAs. TTGL and Eva were both solid series though.

So what's up we talkin about possible Black Lagoon replacements?

Yeah, about that Fairy Tail Final Act.

Or...or....surprise, Steins Gate.

Regarding Fairy Tail, if you make it to this arc, you'll feel the hype.
lol.
( btw, er, that's the 3rd opening, so spoilers?)

You just gotta make it past the first 2 hurtful arcs.

guys i'm watching episode 44 of Hunter x Hunter

wavyyhrjl.gif

Ho ho.

Soulflarz

Banned
Everyone who has a twitter mention me @Soulflarz (and include your gaf username)
ill make a lazy list of everyone who did, happy? :3

*Probably. If i get too lazy, sorry :p

Soulflarz

Banned
What is twitter

Twitter is a nexus of hardcore teenagers, enthusiast clickbaits, and unqualified people who think their thoughts are important. It is a neutral ground where rumors and falsified evidence, presented within the confines of not-so-civil, inclusive discourse, fail through little to no moderation.

Soulflarz

Banned
@Soulflarz is Soulflarz (WARNING: I TWEET A LOT)
@ZeOlEvYn is Levyne
@King_Seda is Seda
@BassforeverGAF is Bassforever
@skrefetz is bigkrev
@ASSauLTxMasTER is...i think Assaultxmaster (i typed his name in and it came up, and some people ik follow him, soo)
@ShardShinjuku is Shard

Yeah i guess quote this and add yourself
Hopefully within a day we can get all the regulars and someone saves it for us (Hi Seda)

Hopefully within a day we can get all the regulars and someone saves it for us (Hi Seda)

@Soulflarz is Soulflarz
@ZeOlEvYn is Levyne
@King_Seda is Seda
@skrefetz is bigkrev
@ASSauLTxMasTER is ASSauLTxMasTER
@ShardShinjuku is Shard
@oni_actual is GMN

LOLDSFAN

@Soulflarz is Soulflarz (WARNING: I TWEET A LOT)
@ZeOlEvYn is Levyne
@King_Seda is Seda
@skrefetz is bigkrev
@ASSauLTxMasTER is...i think Assaultxmaster (i typed his name in and it came up, and some people ik follow him, soo)
@ShardShinjuku is Shard

@LOLDSFAN

I tend to tweet a lot... I guess? Well compared to others I guess not. I don't know. Feel free to add me and I'll follow back. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom