• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Aug15| You know, Luffy, we really are One Piece

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
BTW, this thread gets INCREDIBLE starting on page 20.
http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1091157

That thread is only 13 pages long.
5Bu8Fi8.png

BTW, this thread gets INCREDIBLE starting on page 20.
http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1091157

It is insane how prolific the "Big bad Murica throwing it's weight around with nukes against the poor victimized Imperial Japan" narrative is. No one seems to want to acknowledge the shit that Imperial Japan did. But no anytime WWII is brought up it's always 'holocaust this and Hitler that. Nazis everywhere!' Euro-centrism at its finest.

bigkrev

*reads*
D-did someone suggest people announce and then carry out a protest walk in Nazi Germany to put the Germans on trial?
What the.

It gets better from that point! He wants a televised debate (in the 1940s!) with Hitler, who is one of the greatest public speakers ever.

As devastating as the nuclear bomb was, it was a necessary to prevent further bloodshed. Imagine how much worse the "big bad murica" narrative would be if we had pictures/videos of America soldiers gunning down women and children as they ran up to US soldiers with wooden spears and other make shift kamikaze style attacks. Considering after dropping 2 bombs, there were generals in Japan who STILL wanted to keep the war going and attempted to over throw the Emperor when he said it was time to surrender.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
For some reason, I'm now reminded that one of these days, I should watch Barefoot Gen.

...also I keep forgetting the somewhat interesting fact that it was originally a SHONEN JUMP manga.

It's amazing how in the year 2015 with infinite access to all manner of knowledge to see multiple sides of a problem people will often view only one or two points of view and go "that's right that's wrong". Even people who make text books for all grade levels including college will have misinformation or rush "new education techniques" without actually understanding said new though processes and confusing people on what something actually is.

ckohler

How long until we learn who the new purple haired girl is in SAO? Because I think it's either Kirito or someone who looks just like him in the face.

Crocodile

Looking over the past few pages, y'all were OPENLY talking about scanlations (even naming groups) and nobody batted an eye but once the conversation moves to WWII war strategy and boob missile gifs that's when y'all freak out?

Looking over the past few pages, y'all were OPENLY talking about scanlations (even naming groups) and nobody batted an eye but once the conversation moves to WWII war strategy and boob missile gifs that's when y'all freak out?

Yeah we should have just dropped a boob shaped nuke on the thread the moment monday hit

:p

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
My friend unironically asked me if I wanted to go see pixels. How do I respond to that?
"But they're not pixels, they're VOXELS"

I saw it over a week ago with my friend since he had guest passes due to working at the theater (plus $1.50 EVERYTHING AT THE CONCESSION STAND OMG XL POPCORN & FREEZIE FOR ONLY $3) & I asked him afterwards if his passes would count towards box office sales. He happily said they wouldn't.

Raxus

From the Red Letter Media review and interviews with Adam Sandler I think I would actually kill myself watching Pixels. The whole thing sounds depressing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom