• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Aug15| You know, Luffy, we really are One Piece

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckohler

PuDW5if.gif

Best girl I've seen so far in the show. =)

Raxus

It has been a slow movie year for me. Ex Machina, Mad Max and Kingsman being the standouts. Antman would make the list but I can't decide if it is merits from the film or just breaking the Marvel formula for once.

yo i want to see that newest naruto movie

The Last was pretty great (even with horrible subs) hopefully the new movie can keep up the pace.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I tend to only go alone when Rifftrax is playing. & assuming I get the custodial position at the theater, I might be able to see them for free.

Otherwise, I probably on average only see about a movie once a month or every other month. I'm not much for movies compared to my interest in anime/manga & especially video games.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
One Piece is going to wreck me tonight
That goes double if the latest Japanese episode is what I think it is.

Well, the part of the show with that opening includes the no spoilers gif...so it's not all bad!

One funny scene in a mess of bland does not save it

Puruzi said it best on the other page, the only good version of Naruto is the Storm game version which makes everything feel as awesome and dynamic as it should despite the shit writing.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Tonight on Toonami, the gang gets to work using their three wishes to bring Piccolo back, Tatsumi gets acclimated to his new comrades in Night Raid, Michiko and Hatchin arrive in Osso and attract the attention of Monstro Preto, Asuna laments her shitty life because her mom wants her to be educated or something and the harem meets up with Zekken so Asuna can try her hand at dueling the infamous swordmaster, Asuma goes toe to toe with the immortal Hidan, the inevitable finally occurs as the Straw Hats say goodbye to a dear friend, and Erwin and Levi try to ascertain the identity of the restrained Female Titan.

8:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 35 - Goku’s Comeback! Call Forth Porunga!
12:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 36 - Frieza Closes In! Mighty Porunga, Grant Our Wish!
12:30 - Akame ga Kill! - 2 - Kill the Authority
1:00 - Michiko e Hatchin - 8 - Black Noise and a Dope Game
1:30 - Sword Art Online II - 19 - Zekken
2:00 - Naruto Shippuden - 78 - The Judgment
2:30 - One Piece - 312 - Thank You, Merry! Snow Falls over the Parting Sea!
3:00 - Attack on Titan - 20 - Erwin Smith: The 57th Exterior Scouting Mission, Part 4

Tonight on Toonami, the gang gets to work using their three wishes to bring Piccolo back, Tatsumi gets acclimated to his new comrades in Night Raid, Michiko and Hatchin arrive in Osso and attract the attention of Monstro Preto, Asuna laments her shitty life because her mom wants her to be educated or something and the harem meets up with Zekken so Asuna can try her hand at dueling the infamous swordmaster, Asuma goes toe to toe with the immortal Hidan, the inevitable finally occurs as the Straw Hats say goodbye to a dear friend, and Erwin and Levi try to ascertain the identity of the restrained Female Titan.

8:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 35 - Goku’s Comeback! Call Forth Porunga!
12:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 36 - Frieza Closes In! Mighty Porunga, Grant Our Wish!
12:30 - Akame ga Kill! - 2 - Kill the Authority
1:00 - Michiko e Hatchin - 8 - Black Noise and a Dope Game
1:30 - Sword Art Online II - 19 - Zekken
2:00 - Naruto Shippuden - 78 - The Judgment
2:30 - One Piece - 312 - Thank You, Merry! Snow Falls over the Parting Sea!
3:00 - Attack on Titan - 20 - Erwin Smith: The 57th Exterior Scouting Mission, Part 4

I guess I'm going to watch today's One Piece episode with ToonamiGaf.

It's going to be such a great episode. The first time I saw it I cried like a baby, it was too much.😔

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
The phrase "lady's assistance" after "getting the tissues ready" doesn't really help the situation at hand.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Okay so it's next week's Japnaese One Piece that will really hurt the soul.
But this one was pretty sad too.

Feels like the planets aligned in a tragic way.

Grexeno

I'm surprised what it got away with for a children's manga.
It's like editors don't matter to Oda anymore.
Yeah, there's really no way anyone but Oda has any creative control over One Piece at this point. He is quite literally the most important person in Japan.

I'm surprised what it got away with for a children's manga.
It's like editors don't matter to Oda anymore.

I wouldn't call One Piece a children's manga when literally almost everyone in Japan reads it.

Plus the series itself has some very strong/brutal themes.

Yeah, there's really no way anyone but Oda has any creative control over One Piece at this point. He is quite literally the most important person in Japan.

That's probably not true, but what would I know. Can never get some solid facts about WSJ editors.

I wouldn't call One Piece a children's manga when literally almost everyone in Japan reads it.

It's popular enough to transcend the "for children" thing but not everybody reads it. It's definitely a cultural icon though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom