• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Aug15| You know, Luffy, we really are One Piece

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I WILL CRY TOMORROW NIGHT.

uJkqtrq.gif

FodlLM9.gif

W4XVjeR.gif

Considering a lot of those shows are/were available for viewing on streaming services like Crunchyroll and what not, I consider a good/great dub to be a very important selling point for actually picking up disks to own. The cheap prices are appreciated, especially compared to the grand larceny that is Aniplex (though I understand their rationale), but I dunno if getting shit dubs is worth the trade-off. Not to say all Sentai dubs are shit of course but they "miss" way more often than other studios it feels like.

Ease of rewatching on disc and not having to deal with crunchyroll/internet acting up > watching it "free" online

So wait what's the next episode of One Piece? Don't tell me
its the one where the straw hats say their goodbye to Merry.

If it is I might as well just watch this with ToonamiGaf tomorrow night. I loved that episode of One Piece especially for Enies Lobby.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16

If it is I might as well just watch this with ToonamiGaf tomorrow night. I loved that episode of One Piece especially for Enies Lobby.

It is

Grexeno

It's that one.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Welp, finally getting an interview. Might get to work with my friend at the theater working 3rd shift cleaning the place, & he's gonna help give me pointers for the interview on Tuesday. Kind of started getting excited over the fact I might be working with my childhood friend that I finally got to reconnect with about a year ago. Made me think about just how long it's been since I've known him. Wanna say over 14 years because I could've sworn we both attended each other's 10th b-day parties.

Still holding out I don't have to work Saturday nights so I don't miss Toonami, but I'll have to see.

Seda

I feel obligated to say something because of post crossover, so here goes.

AnimeGAF had a run in with, specifically, defending of loli incest. A number of bans were made. Uh, please don't defend/support that, the mod team is largely zero-tolerance on that front.

I should also note that several hours passed with several uncomfortable with what happened and not one of the mods received PMs about it. Not until Evilore was sent an email (through the 'Contact Us' link) was it brought to the team's attention. I say this often: please, please PM mods to ask questions or point out questionable posts. It really helps us out. A lot.

On a positive note, I think over the lifetime of this community I've only made 2 (maybe 3?) bans that were all very minor things. Good job guys.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Well we hardly ever even need to talk about loli incest stuff and even if we did I am pretty sure we are all of the same mind--that it is fucked up and wrong.

I'm a little surprised that this hasn't already happened to animeGAF given my own experiences in that thread.

Crocodile

Well we hardly ever even need to talk about loli incest stuff and even if we did I am pretty sure we are all of the same mind--that it is fucked up and wrong.

I'm a little surprised that this hasn't already happened to animeGAF given my own experiences in that thread.

That's because the vast, vast majority there share the same opinion as us - shit's gross. I guess I shouldn't be surprised at the offender as their posts were ones I had come to ignore out of habit. A lot of people including myself didn't even know something happened till hours later until it was dragged out into the open.

Seda

Probably doesn't need a clarification but by:

"AnimeGAF had a run in with, specifically, defending of loli incest."

I didn't mean to imply that the community at whole defends loli incest.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Probably doesn't need a clarification but by:

"AnimeGAF had a run in with, specifically, defending of loli incest."

I didn't mean to imply that the community at whole defends loli incest.

No of course not, I didn't mean to imply the community as a whole defended it either. Sorry to all if it came off that way, its just the last time I was in there, a year or two back, I was pretty wierded out by certain posters feelings on certain shows.

Line_HTX

I wasn't here back then, and I've never heard of this place until after AoT premiered, but I have to wonder, what were those people like looking at y'all's reactions to the Suguha episode last last year?

GaimeGuy

On a positive note, I think over the lifetime of this community I've only made 2 (maybe 3?) bans that were all very minor things. Good job guys.
FREE ____!

I love you too Seda <3

But yeah, we kill ourselves over stuff like SAO and Tenchi GXP
And then we come back for more
, don't think you have to worry about loli incest here

Uraizen

Banned
AnimeGAF had a run in with, specifically, defending of loli incest. A number of bans were made. Uh, please don't defend/support that, the mod team is largely zero-tolerance on that front.

I should also note that several hours passed with several uncomfortable with what happened and not one of the mods received PMs about it. Not until Evilore was sent an email was it brought to the team's attention. I say this often: please, please PM mods to ask questions or point out questionable posts. It really helps us out. A lot.

Might wanna have whoever made that decision double check that because I'm pretty sure cajun was only defending Arcadius from what I was able to catch. Everybody makes mistakes or easily misinterpret a situation,

Seda

Hi, happy Friday.

If anyone from AnimeGAF is lurking and reading this and for some reason misconceives that I'm down on that community - I'm not at all. I am just really, really stupid about anime (as most in this thread could attest to) and don't know what you guys are talking about most of the time.

GaimeGuy, got your PM. Good stuff.

Seda

Might wanna have whoever made that decision double check that because I'm pretty sure cajun was only defending Arcadius from what I was able to catch. Everybody makes mistakes or easily misinterpret a situation,

Okay so I'm not really the person to talk to about the 'decision'. I mostly posted my 'notice' above to avoid the typical:

"So&So was banned?!", "Did you see AnimeGAF?", "What happened?!" etc.

A number of mods participated in the discussion about moderation actions. I wasn't one of them. But as with most things, these decisions are discussed and considered by a group, not just the whims of one person.

I don't want to derail this thread much further so if you have more questions feel free to PM me (and I mean that, I always do). I'm not sure how much help I can be but I can at least offer an ear.

"Please let me rest now."

No, you can't rest, Kishimoto. There's still more milk left in this cow.

yourehereforever.png

Why? Seriously I liked Naruto in the beginning but as it progressed it became really terrible. If they go for a GT route like in Dragon Ball Z for Boruto I'm going to be severly disappointed. It's just going to make the series even more shit than what it already is. For god sakes please let it end already don't destroy the last decent thing the series has. I mean Boruto is even terrible character than Naruto.

The saddest part about Naruto was that there hasn't been a fight that has topped the Lee vs Gara fight. I missed those days where fights were actually about strategy and wits not power levels.&#128532;

TUSR

Banned
"Are you TUSR from DOTA2GAF?"
It's frightening how much I get recognized now.
Hi, happy Friday.

I am just really, really stupid about anime (as most in this thread could attest to) and don't know what you guys are talking about most of the time.
Me too, and I make the threads.

Also, I should be around tonight to watch again.
My days are all messed up, last week was Captain Ginyu body switching, right?

GaimeGuy

Why? Seriously I liked Naruto in the beginning but as it progressed it became really terrible. If they go for a GT route like in Dragon Ball Z for Boruto I'm going to be severly disappointed. It's just going to make the series even more shit than what it already is. For god sakes please let it end already don't destroy the last decent thing the series has. I mean Boruto is even terrible character than Naruto.

The saddest part about Naruto was that there hasn't been a fight that has topped the Lee vs Gara fight. I missed those days where fights were actually about strategy and wits not power levels.&#128532;

oh come on, lee vs gaara had lee go fucking super saiyan/kaioken.

phaze

Lee vs Gaara was like, exclusively all about power levels.
kruemelmonster9bq1o.gif

And it has been topped several times since.

Crocodile

Happy Toonami day guys! What are you most excited for this weekend?

Tomorrow is my birthday so........that I guess?

Bare Minimum BD wishes for Toonami

• Dub for Akame ga Kill improves
  • Michiko and Hatchin has a standout episode that blows me away
  • Sword Art Online manages to neither offend nor bore me
  • One Piece episode lives up to the hype

I guess I should have answered my first question :X

I'm most excited to see more of AgK's dub, I'm probably least interested in seeing more Michiko & Hatchin. I also want to see more of the conclusion of the immortals arc as the fight has been very good so far but I'm starting to remember why it didn't leave much impact on me while marathoning the manga. I'll save my opinion until I see more to see if it changes.

Dynedom

oh come on, lee vs gaara had lee go fucking super saiyan/kaioken.

I feel that was one of the few times a "SSJ" like powerup was done masterfully well. There were teases of it and it's explained quite well within the universe of Naruto. There's no real asspull, so to speak.

I'd say Lee has been involved in 2 of the best fights in the Naruto animated universe, tbh.

Puruzi

Banned

lmfao

Fistbump, yo. August babies are number 1.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
In all fairness, it's kind of cool when companies try to make real-life replicas of stuff seen in the anime, like that one One Piece museum. & credit where it's due, some of the replicas are rather decent.

...........though why did they feel the need to replicate Suguha's shoes? Why was THAT as important to replicating compared to the actual weapons used in the series?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom