• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Aug15| You know, Luffy, we really are One Piece

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are there so many half Japanese people in brazil?

There's over a million Japanese in Brazil, highest population outside of Japan. I think it had to do with Japanese wanting to get into immigration overseas but American and European countries didn't allow non-white immigration and Brazil had the coffee industry, or some shit.

Oh this game sucks

"I promised to protect you"
well you've done a really shitty job at doing that. God this series is way better to look at then actually pay attention to.

Zubz

Banned
So are they intentionally avoiding showing Jonathan's face/Joseph in this commercial? I haven't kept track of Toonami for awhile, so I don't know if, like, they were denied the JoJo dub. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

So are they intentionally avoiding showing Jonathan's face/Joseph in this commercial? I haven't kept track of Toonami for awhile, so I don't know if, like, they were denied the JoJo dub. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

It's probably just a coincidence

There's over a million Japanese in Brazil, highest population outside of Japan. I think it had to do with Japanese wanting to get into immigration overseas but American and European countries didn't allow non-white immigration and Brazil had the coffee industry, or some shit.

Uwahh? I had no idea. That's pretty cool.

Crocodile

Yes that would be a bad thing. Anyway, there are like a million characters in the show and they are obviously going to give extra attention to characters that have been on current/past Toonami. Their absence in the commercial means nothing.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I feel like Michiko and Hatchin really needed to watch Black Lagoon a couple dozen times in order to figure out how to do this kind of show right.

The jojo dub would be ok if it werent for the racist accents and Joseph being voiced by Numbah 1.

Why do characters in dubs that arent japanese have an incredibly racist accent. if youre from America you either have a brooklyn accent or a country accent.

That's luffy level reaching breh

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
The jojo dub would be ok if it werent for the racist accents and Joseph being voiced by Numbah 1.

Why do characters in dubs that arent japanese have an incredibly racist accent. if youre from America you either have a brooklyn accent or a country accent.

You dissing Ben Diskin?

And characters in One Piece aren't considered "Japanese"

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own

I liked the test dub they put out for stardust crusade.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
They were just favoring characters from shows they actually air. Pretty much every shot was from Naruto/One Piece/DBZ/Bleach/Kenshin

Moaradin

Racist accents? That's stretching it. And Numbah 1 Joseph is cool with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom