• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Aug15| You know, Luffy, we really are One Piece

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok that scene in the hotel room was awesome <3

Black Lagoon is a totally different type of show. Like a character like Hatchin would have no place in Black Lagoon.

I haven't seen whichever bits you refering too but a Brookyln/Country accent aren't racist but rather stereotypical. "Brooklyn" and "Country" aren't a race. Also, Japanese dubs also have accents too. I'm sure you're familiar with the "Osaka" accent no?

ok maybe racist is a bit much, but yeah i know about the osaka and kantai kind of accents, but theyre not really in the jojo dub there are really think german and italian accents I was more talking about in general.

Reminded of Sherlock episode 3, when Moriarty specifically gave Sherlock a riddle involving space after learning he didn't bother to study astronomy, not even knowing that the Earth goes around the Sun.

Korigama

'twas like a 90's dub all over again.
Seems I lucked up in missing similar examples more often than not, at least shows not edited for network TV/basic cable (the one '90s show off the top of my head licensed by ADV that I've seen had its opening left as is). Bad OP cut, and bad ED cut, with neither even bothering with the actual songs used...quite a shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom