• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Aug15| You know, Luffy, we really are One Piece

Status
Not open for further replies.

Line_HTX

worse than Valvrave?

Valvrave is a bad show that made me rage quit.

Cross Ange is a bad show where it had the Code Geass effect of "I HAVE to know what happens next episode."

Ugh, the scary thing is Aldnoah/Zero has a pretty good chance of coming to Toonami in 2016. Also while I'd love to see it Food Wars/Shokugeki no Soma probably falls to close to the world of being a sports series which have historically never done well.

Yeah, it looks like Aldnoah's dub is almost complete. I only listed that because it's been forever since they had a real mecha show. Gurren Lagann was sort of a mech-ish.

Grexeno

Maybe we'll get a new show announcement at the end of Intruder 2, which would be basically a month away from Michiko & Hatchin ending.

Oh man, Cross Ange on Toonami...

Wait, who has Cross Ange?....Sentai?...They'd be in charge of the dub...

https://rosesturnblog.files.wordpress.com/2014/12/jojo-kars-laugh.gif

Honestly a Sentai dub might make Cross Ange even more entertaining, heck I'd go for straight up parody dub.

In all seriousness the shows I expect to see on Toonami in the next year depending upon rights shenanigans are in no particular order

1- Tokyo Ghoul
2- Ushio & Tora
3- JoJo
4- Attack on Titan S2 (simuldub, otherwise it'll be 2017 for Toonami)
5- Aldnoah/Zero

Honorable mentions to any variation of Sailor Moon (Uncut or Crystal) which is held up indefinitely by Hulu having exclusive access to the dub so no way of guessing if/when it'll air on the block, and Fairy Tail which most likely falls under the banner of being "too long" of a shonen to license at this point unless they plan to cut DBZ Kai (LOL), Shippuden (LOL), or One Piece (more likely but still not very likely based upon comments from DeMarco).

Also honorable mention to HxH and whenever someone gets around to dubbing the stupid thing <________<

Ugh, I don't wanna watch Aldnoah/Zero.

It's like a mecha show that has all the plot points of Code Geass and Valvrave, but playing them all 100% straight faced.

I'd rather Valvrave be dubbed, and even watch that to be honest.

Grexeno

In all seriousness the shows I expect to see on Toonami in the next year depending upon rights shenanigans are in no particular order

1- Tokyo Ghoul
2- Ushio & Tora
3- JoJo
4- Attack on Titan S2 (simuldub, otherwise it'll be 2017 for Toonami)
5- Aldnoah/Zero
I would also add Log Horizon and Magi to the list of possibilities.

Line_HTX

Oh man, Cross Ange on Toonami...

Wait, who has Cross Ange?....Sentai?...They'd be in charge of the dub...

jojo-kars-laugh.gif

I'm dying at this laughing gif.

Now I'm not telling people to watch Cross Ange
But you should probably watch Cross Ange, if you want to sit down and just feel like a bad person for 20 minutes there aren't many things better. Except for playing Destiny, maybe

Destiny is better?

Yeah, not a troll recommendation, I really want Seda to experience the train ride of Ange. Best worst garbage I've seen, and I hope they make more, hahaha

I would also add Log Horizon and Magi to the list of possibilities.

Yeah I forgot Magi and Log Horizon, those two are also certainly possible

worse than Valvrave?

Cross Ange is mecha anime mixed with soft core prison exploitation

Let's leave it at that

Edit: And if you want some kind of teaser in the first episode the female lead NSFW
striped and fisted by one of the lead prison guards

Line_HTX

Ugh, I don't wanna watch Aldnoah/Zero.

It's like a mecha show that has all the plot points of Code Geass and Valvrave, but playing them all 100% straight faced.

I'd rather Valvrave be dubbed, and even watch that to be honest.

Valvrave is more far-fetched reaching than Aldnoah given the character's actions, lol

Aldnoah and Valvrave both suck, I can't believe I watched both of those to compeltion.

I don't know what was worse, the complete incompetence of the entire Earth's military except for one kid in A/Z or fucking Shoko in VVV

GOD

Valvrave at least had a great OP (BTW, the way this video avoids content detection is kind of clever). *thinks* Oh, and I guess L-Elf was cool sometimes. Plus the dumb as hell twists were entertaining, along with the entire "how the hell are they still alive?!" aspect.

Magi would be great to have on Toonami, though there's that big disappointing factor that Japan made an Arabian Nights themed series and most of the characters are still anime-pasty. First opening is great, others are eh.

Jarate

Banned
Also, had a dream last night where I fell in love with multiple girls and NY gf was fine with it

I starred in my very own harem anime!

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Alright, heading off to Barclays Center for the NXT show. Hopefully I should get home right at the stroke of DBZ.

Tonight on Toonami, Piccolo arrives on Namek but Frieza's had just about enough of these Earthlings' shit, Tatsumi teams up with Mine for his next mission, Hatchin (now traveling on her own) befriends a circus girl with an older crush, Asuna joins up with Yuuki's crew: the Sleeping Knights, Hidan demonstrates just how hard it is to kill an Immortal, the Straw Hats recuperate in Water 7 and learn what happened to the money Franky stole so very long ago but the peace is broken when an elite Navy Vice Admiral closes in on them, and Eren tries to take on the Female Titan one-on-one.

8:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 36 - Frieza Closes In! Mighty Porunga, Grant Our Wish!
12:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 37 - A Nightmare Transformation! Frieza's Power Level: One Million!?
12:30 - Akame ga Kill! - 3 - Kill the Grudge
1:00 - Michiko e Hatchin - 9 - The Chocolate Girl in Love
1:30 - Sword Art Online II - 20 - Sleeping Knights
2:00 - Naruto Shippuden - 79 - Unfulfilled Scream
2:30 - One Piece - 313 - Peace Interrupted! A Navy Vice Admiral with a Fist of Love!
3:00 - Attack on Titan - 21 - Crushing Blow: The 57th Exterior Scouting Mission, Part 5

Honestly I think the Sailor Moon ship has sailed for any time in the near future; Hulu for Viz strikes me as the place they put stuff when they can't get anyone to bite for putting it on TV or Netflix.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
People are going to love some of the VA choices in the next big One Piece arc. One of them is probably the most inspired casting they've ever made. This character has a distinct and very memorable voice in Japanese but I think the dub blows even this high standard away.

Honestly I think the Sailor Moon ship has sailed for any time in the near future; Hulu for Viz strikes me as the place they put stuff when they can't get anyone to bite for putting it on TV or Netflix.

Considering it's been one of the highest requested show for awhile I imagine unless Viz was asking too much for the show Hulu probably just straight up outbid AS for the exclusive dub rights. They've said multiple times that streaming companies like Hulu and Netflix have done that.

Kill the Grudge is the most edgy episode title to ever edge.

The episode is actually called Kill Your Cares so unless Sentai changed it for the dub I dunno where that name came from. It's not even a chapter in the manga

Grexeno

People are going to love some of the VA choices in the next big One Piece arc. One of them is probably the most inspired casting they've ever made. This character has a distinct and very memorable voice in Japanese but I think the dub blows even this high standard away.
Which character?
Brook?

Considering it's been one of the highest requested show for awhile I imagine unless Viz was asking too much for the show Hulu probably just straight up outbid AS for the exclusive dub rights. They've said multiple times that streaming companies like Hulu and Netflix have done that.

Well, that's sort of what I'm saying. I think Viz was asking too much because they know they have Hulu to fall back on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom