• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Aug15| You know, Luffy, we really are One Piece

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Demarco is as much of a music buff as he claims he is, he'll do the right thing and remove the JoJo opening completely and play the FULL ending.

It's a sacrifice I'm willing to accept.

Considering they wouldn't confirm an anime adaptation of the most popular part of JoJo until a few months after the series finished it's first season I'm not too worried about us not getting part 4 animated.

Jarate

Banned
I'm kind of familiar with Jojo's, but I have to wonder, is a lot of it like a Monster-of-the-Week adventure to find Dio?

Part 1 and 2 is not like that at all

Part 3 can be like that, and while the formula is rough at the start of the 3rd part, it picks up incredibly well by the end of it, and honestly has some incredibly creative battles happen.

I havent read any of the other parts though, but from what I have heard I dont think it maintains the monster of the week format.

I'm kind of familiar with Jojo's, but I have to wonder, is a lot of it like a Monster-of-the-Week adventure to find Dio?

That's Part 3.

Part 1-2 are more like Hokuto no Ken.
Part 3 is Monster of the Week.
Part 4 has lots of goofy Slice of Life elements.
Part 5 is like Part 3.
Part 6 is fucking weird.
Part 7 is more about character development.
Part 8 is...really, really fucking weird. It's more of a mystery thing.

Jarate

Banned
That's Part 3.

Part 1-2 are more like Hokuto no Ken.
Part 3 is Monster of the Week.
Part 4 has lots of goofy Slice of Life elements.
Part 5 is like Part 3.
Part 6 is fucking weird.
Part 7 is more about character development.
Part 8 is...really, really fucking weird. It's more of a mystery thing.

Part 1-2 are nothing like Hokoto no Ken beyond art Style, Fist of the North Star has always been about Kenshiro being a broken piece of shit and beating up weak people who take advantage of others, while jojo part 1 & 2 are about incredibly weak characters finding creative ways to take down opponents who are much stronger.

The art style is incredibly similar, but even then, Fist of the North Star started out as pretty "bad guy of the week"

Part 1 & 2 are definately shonen as fuck, but there's a level of self awareness that araki has with those parts and a level of creativity in his work that makes it really shine in comparison to other manga that basically looked like Fist of the North Star.

Also, Fist of the North Star would be an awesome group watch with you guys. I think it gets a lot of unfounded hate for no reason, but it really shines in a lot of places, has some good ass character scenes, and really makes you want to shed manly tears.

Parasyte is pretty good for like, 10 episodes. Then it's not.

That show seemed like it was gonna be made for me.

A sci-fi alien invasion anime with a focus on body horror? Fuck, that's what I want.

Then I watched it, and I realized it was the worst parts of the Spiderman movies all ground together, but with none of the redeeming qualities mixed in.

Special notes has to be given to Parasyte for having, and I don't think I'm being hyperbolic here, the worst female characters in years.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Part 1-2 are nothing like Hokoto no Ken beyond art Style, Fist of the North Star has always been about Kenshiro being a broken piece of shit and beating up weak people who take advantage of others, while jojo part 1 & 2 are about incredibly weak characters finding creative ways to take down opponents who are much stronger.

The art style is incredibly similar, but even then, Fist of the North Star started out as pretty "bad guy of the week"

Part 1 & 2 are definately shonen as fuck, but there's a level of self awareness that araki has with those parts and a level of creativity in his work that makes it really shine in comparison to other manga that basically looked like Fist of the North Star.

Also, Fist of the North Star would be an awesome group watch with you guys. I think it gets a lot of unfounded hate for no reason, but it really shines in a lot of places, has some good ass character scenes, and really makes you want to shed manly tears.

There's only really two people on Ken's level in the entirety of Fist of the North Star (not including 2) and one of them is sick and dying. FotNS is like the East Blue and Ken is Luffy.

Jarate

Banned
Here's my schedule for Jarate's Toonami that ive honestly thought about doing (I dont think I could emulate Tom's voice exactly, but I could probably cut together some stuff for the different shows and openings)

1. Hunter x Hunter
2. Fist of the North Star
3. Ping Pong the Animation
4. G Gundam
5. Cromartie High School
6. The Hero Yoshihiko
7. Gintama
8. Twin Peaks

is jojos good

It's the most consistently good Shonen! It's abnormal because it's been running for 25+ years and somehow is still getting better, Part 7 was the best arc

But I dunno what to think of Part 8 yet, going to need the full picture because it's so out there

Seda

i actually did see the first half of season 1 (part 1?) and iffy animation aside I enjoyed how stupid and nuts everything was.

Jarate

Banned
i actually did see the first half of season 1 (part 1?) and iffy animation aside I enjoyed how stupid and nuts everything was.

im concerned because in the dub they dont seem to be yelling all that much

the Jojo manga that just came out, I swear that there are more exclamation points then sentences.

I think there will be some who won't like it though, on a very shallow viewing, it's hard to understand it, but it really is a lot deeper then people give it credit for, I does some things exceptionally well, has some incredible humour, and doesnt take itself very seriously, while at the same time taking itself way too seriously

Jojo reminds me of Primus in a whole lot of ways

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I still don't think Build Fighters is impossible. Getting dubbed would be step number one. For those complaining that it's a kids show, well, so is One Piece/DBZ/Naruto/Clone Wars/Thundercats/Beware the Batman/Symbionic Titan

Gintama getting a dub is probably the least likely thing next to LOGH getting a dub.

Oh wait, they did dub the first movie. It was a really, really, really bad dub. Like not even in comparison to trying to beat Sugita as Gintoki (impossible) but it just sucks ass

I still don't think Build Fighters is impossible. Getting dubbed would be step number one. For those complaining that it's a kids show, well, so is One Piece/DBZ/Naruto/Clone Wars/Thundercats/Beware the Batman/Symbionic Titan

Right stuf has the rights to Gundam physical releases in the US correct? Considering they didn't bother to get Turn A Gundam dubbed I doubt they'll get GBF dubbed if/when they decide to officially release that in the US.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Right stuf has the rights to Gundam physical releases in the US correct? Considering they didn't bother to get Turn A Gundam dubbed I doubt they'll get GBF dubbed if/when they decide to officially release that in the US.

We're probably not going to see a single dub released for a non OVA series until Wing gets remastered.

Line_HTX

My lineup with 90 minutes of "safe" timeslots:

1. DBZ Kai
2. Space Dandy S2
3. Michiko & Hatchin / GANGSTA
4. Aldnoah/Zero
5-6. Naruto-OP
7. GITS: SAC
8. Food Wars

9. Cross Ange
10. ShimoSeka

We're probably not going to see a single dub released for a non OVA series until Wing gets remastered.

Yes, and even if today Right Stuf were to announce some mega deal to redub EVERY Gundam series and Toonami had free picking to select any of the newer series to air they'd most likely pick Turn A or G no Reconguista. While I would never pull a Shard/Gucci and say "it'll never happen" I think a lot of things would have to work out too specifically for GBF to end up on Toonami IE it's the only new gundam show dubbed and the only one Toonami can get which would be amazing if it did happen.

My lineup with 90 minutes of "safe" timeslots:

1. DBZ Kai
2. Space Dandy S2
3. Michiko & Hatchin / GANGSTA
4. Aldnoah/Zero
5-6. Naruto-OP
7. GITS: SAC
8. Food Wars

9. Cross Ange
10. ShimoSeka

Ugh, the scary thing is Aldnoah/Zero has a pretty good chance of coming to Toonami in 2016. Also while I'd love to see it Food Wars/Shokugeki no Soma probably falls to close to the world of being a sports series which have historically never done well.

Oh man, Cross Ange on Toonami...

Wait, who has Cross Ange?....Sentai?...They'd be in charge of the dub...

jojo-kars-laugh.gif

worse than Valvrave?

Valvrave is just really boring, they should've tried harder to have bad shock value, it blew its load really early and S2 was a whole bunch of nothing, Cross Ange pretty much never stops

Like on the Schadenfreude Grossness scale Cross Ange is at least a 9, Valvrave is like a 4, there were times I couldn't believe stuff was actually happening in Cross Ange, for various reasons

Now I'm not telling people to watch Cross Ange
But you should probably watch Cross Ange, if you want to sit down and just feel like a bad person for 20 minutes there aren't many things better. Except for playing Destiny, maybe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom