• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Aug15| You know, Luffy, we really are One Piece

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Well, one is a memento of Kuina. The other is a spectacularly cursed sword that is too awesome to be destroyed.

The one that got rusted was just kind of a generic high-quality sword.

Yubashiri is/was actually a higher grade sword than Sandai Kitetsu (the cursed one).

Akainu

Major One Piece Spoilers
Conversely, Ace dying didn't do anything to me at all since he was literally used as a plot point and his character development came after the fact. (Yes, the flashback made me then care somewhat about him, but I personally think Oda mishandled Ace overall. Then again, I dislike the Whitebeard War stuff as a whole...)

Ace was a bitch, fuck him.

The death flags for ace were apparent after his battle with BB, the whole saga should just be called Ace death flags

Nah, Shikamaru has had a pretty good amount of screen time considering the large cast, and we've seen what kind of character he is (a character that manages to stay calm/cool/collected through any situation). I do agree with the Asuma thing not having much of an impact to us, but seeing how Shikamaru has to deal with this situation he really isn't familiar with will have much more of an impact than we generally get from the show.

Shikamaru hadn't done anything relevant after the time skip until the Immortals arc, his last major screen time was the Sauske retrieval arc where he got major character growth after failing to rescue Sasuke... growth we haven't seen until this arc where he loses Asuma and has another major growth. It's why the arc loses some of it's impact for me, Shikamaru needed more screen time between the two arcs where he's relevant to see more natural development.

Seda

Nami rn

tumblr_n8d69fsXLj1qm4heyo1_500.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom